Jump to content

Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bigwellfan said:

Former 'well keeper Nicky Walker taking over as top banana at family shortbread firm

 

Ye cannae beat shortbread from Walkers of Aberlour! (Don't like shortbread myself though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Ye cannae beat shortbread from Walkers of Aberlour! (Don't like shortbread myself though).

Love shortbread and quite partial to a wee glass or two of Aberlour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ye cannae beat shortbread from Walkers of Aberlour! (Don't like shortbread myself though).
You could beat Nicky Walker quite easily, though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

You could beat Nicky Walker quite easily, though.

Nicky Walker was just before my time, I seem to remember him with Partick Thistle. I have a memory of Tommy Coyne trying to lob him from far out and the ball was going well wide but for whatever reason Walker attempted to dive and get it only to divert it in which gave us a last minute equaliser. Plus I prefer Deans shortbread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicky Walker was obviously a favourite of the late Jock Wallace who brought him to Fir Park, having previously had I’m under his tutelage at Leicester and then took him on to Rangers. I recall him being decent enough for us, and certainly not the worst we ever had between the sticks, though I don’t think I was too upset to see him leave. I am trying to remember who he may have replaced in goal for us, Shuggie Sproat perhaps? I cannot but think that old Hugh’s anachronisms would not have gone down well with Jock Wallace, though they did make him a bit of a cult hero with some of our support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The African said:

Nicky Walker was obviously a favourite of the late Jock Wallace who brought him to Fir Park, having previously had I’m under his tutelage at Leicester and then took him on to Rangers. I recall him being decent enough for us, and certainly not the worst we ever had between the sticks, though I don’t think I was too upset to see him leave. I am trying to remember who he may have replaced in goal for us, Shuggie Sproat perhaps? I cannot but think that old Hugh’s anachronisms would not have gone down well with Jock Wallace, though they did make him a bit of a cult hero with some of our support.

Shuggie Shuggie 

Swing on the bar.

Happy days 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senility is kicking in and I cannot rely on my memory all the time nowadays but did Nicky Walker and Andy Dornan not sign for us on the same day? As I say I could be a mile out!

I am sure someone will correct me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

I thought Dornan arrived with Andy Harrow but my memory is shot too. Could be the Aberlour right enough.

Yes you are right, I better step up my medication.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, clueless said:

Hugh Sproat was a McLeod signing. Was it not Cammy Duncan who replaced Nicky Walker?

Indeed he was. I am suggesting that Walker replaced Sproat, not vice versa. As for who replaced Walker, the mention of Dornan and Harrow reminded me that we picked up a few fringe players from Aberdeen around the early to mid eighties, including John Gardner. I think Cammy Duncan was just a bit later.

A quick check online has confirmed that Gardner joined us around then, though from Dundee United rather than Aberdeen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I misread your post.  And I obviously blanked the Gardner years from my memory.  

I just had a look through the excellent Motherwellnet site, which I think somebody on here set up?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Hall debuting for Linfield on the iPlayer just now against Larne in the Irish Cup.  
 

Christy Manzinga booked after 4 minutes and lucky not to be off for kick at a Larne defender.

Jake Hastie on the bench for the Blues as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

Ben Hall debuting for Linfield on the iPlayer just now against Larne in the Irish Cup.  
 

Christy Manzinga booked after 4 minutes and lucky not to be off for kick at a Larne defender.

Jake Hastie on the bench for the Blues as well. 

 

and Rohan Ferguson was on the bench for Larne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Liam Polworth again an unused sub for Kilmarnock last night.

How the mighty have fallen eh? He actually looked a player when he first came to us but just didn’t show it nearly enough as time went on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Gallagher is on the bench for Aberdeen. Is he not getting much game time then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linfield have just signed Mich'el Parker, they love an ex well player these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed Louis Moult gets a start for Burton Albion today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Got the Luton game on but Campbell on the bench. 

Getting the last 5 minutes to savour the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×