Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

12 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Watt and Mulgrew weren't part of the team humped by Celtic. They were both on the bench for some reason. (don't suit Jack Ross??) 

They were in the team then. No wiggling out of that then,  bench or not. Hope it was worse watching it from the bench .

1 hour ago, real dosser said:

Watt and Mulgrew weren't part of the team humped by Celtic. They were both on the bench for some reason. (don't suit Jack Ross??) 

I think the reason they were on the bench was due to Jack Ross trying to shake up the team after they lost 14 goals to 1 in the previous three games.

Didn't quite work out.

11 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Love to see him back

Don't think that Louis Moult is available. The one available now is a few injury ravaged years older.

Just reading a bit about Darren Randolph there. Just shows the monumental gulf in wages on offer. It’s obscene the guy has only played 5 games in almost 3yrs

Darren Randolph signed a 4 year / £8,400,000 contract with the West Ham United F.C., including an annual average salary of £2,100,000. In 2022, Randolph will earn a base salary of £2,100,000, while carrying a cap hit of £2,100,000.

15 hours ago, mio said:

Just reading a bit about Darren Randolph there. Just shows the monumental gulf in wages on offer. It’s obscene the guy has only played 5 games in almost 3yrs

Darren Randolph signed a 4 year / £8,400,000 contract with the West Ham United F.C., including an annual average salary of £2,100,000. In 2022, Randolph will earn a base salary of £2,100,000, while carrying a cap hit of £2,100,000.

Aye, if you can pay your third choice goalkeeper £40k a week...

16 hours ago, mio said:

I agree but many fans are quite happy to subsidise his, and other EPL players' wages through TV subscriptions. Cost of living crisis???

On 9/3/2022 at 2:18 PM, weeyin said:

Turnbull scoring the easiest goal of his career.

It amazes me that a coach thinks it is sensible for a defender to take a bye kick by passing it to the goalie. Madness- surely an outfield player is better with the ball at his feet than a goalie

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

That is true , if we were playing Celtic today with Carson, Gallagher, Tait, Dunne, main and O’Hara we would probably be 3 or 4 goals down by this stage 

We’d be 2-0 down within the first 15 minutes. Aside from the obvious gulf in quality, there has been a serious issue with bottle in games against them and Rangers over the past few years, especially more so at Fir Park.

Just now, weeyin said:

If you 'd rather we played more like Robinson's St Mirren than Hammell's Motherwell you are in for a long season of disappointment.

Where and when did I say that I’d rather play like Robinson’s St.Mirren? Show me where I said that. I know you won’t, because you can’t, because I didn’t say that or anything like that.

I watched Robinson’s Motherwell for three and a half years with many of the players he has at St.Mirren now and we never got close to a result like Saints got today in that time. And I’ve watched us under two different managers lose our last twelve (at least) straight games against Celtic and haven’t recorded a victory over them since 2015.

More often than not we are beaten before a ball is  kicked in these games.