Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

We should be hoping it works out for him for the sole reason it will focus the club on the necessity of getting u20s in the first team systematically (rather than just sub appearances when we are desperate for a goal).

Cadden only got a start because we took a 6-0 doing from Hearts. Our own young players apparently have to go above and beyond to earn a first team start which is crazy when we are spending a fortune on bringing in dross like Lucas, Bowman, Clay, Chalmers, Blyth etc.

The number of U20s that make the step up to the first team in any club is minimal.

Given the massive intolerance fans have to mistakes even the youngsters make, I'm not surprised Scottish clubs across the board struggle to integrate them.

I constantly read people on here saying they want to give youngsters a run out - until they get a run out and then it's a case of posting about how useless they are. The issues run deeper than that, though. Our entire Scottish Football model is set up for short term survival and high financial penalties for failure. I don't see that changing soon.

• Like 2

One of my pals reckons it's a massive mistake letting Thomas go and another is completely "meh" about it.

I value both their opinions on football so will be interesting to see which one is right.

Personally I value Stephen Craigan's assessment. If he doesn't know the player's capabilities and weaknesses then who does.

Was 100 % correct decision imo to let him go as never took any of the few chances he got and as way down pecking order this season as McLean ,Tanner , and Frear all in front of him. If he knuckles down at Killie you never know he might come a player but will need to improve his attitude as seemed to have an attitude problem with us but maybe a change in scenery will change his attitude . Time will tell but definitely best outcome for both parties to try pastures new .

Interesting. Darren Randolph getting set to sign for Middlesbrough. Will keep another of our ex players Ripley out of the Boro side.

There was talk of Newcastle if West Ham got Joe Hart as number 1. 'Boro in the championship is a bit of a downgrade. He'll want to be number 1 wherever he goes to keep his place with Ireland if they qualify for the World Cup.

Interesting. Darren Randolph getting set to sign for Middlesbrough. Will keep another of our ex players Ripley out of the Boro side.

Boro' paid 5 million for him. And nobody wanted him when we were touting him around.

A couple of papers reporting that McDonald is about to sign for Dundee Utd.

If so, a bit disappointing he's went to another Scottish club, but won't directly affect us at least, unless we get them in the cup, as we almost certainly will now!

I was ok with him not resigning so I'm not really fussed where he ended up.

I found him more frustrating than not last season. Constantly moaning in less than constructive ways, missing crucial passes more, touch going, and losing the ball more than he used to.

He did still contribute to the team very well at times and scored 11 odd goals for us and I do realise the importance of that though.

However, at 34 this August, without another preseason, the fact he wanted to walk in January when we still needed him I'm content he's away. Signing for a Championship team tells a lot also I think.

• Like 1

After being told he was too fat and ditched by them previously, it's good to see he doesn't hold any grudges. :)

Anyway all the best to him, think his best days are well behind him.. still doesn't stop me from hoping we don't get them in either Cup though... :)

I'd love to say good luck to McDonald but I'm afraid you're like turncoat MCGee. You can fuck off you badge kissing wee cunt. Take you're attitude and fuck off. No longer s well player so can say what I feel and you're bad for the dressing room so fuck off.

There that feels better. Next on the list the over rated washes thief McMannus. He's for the same whe he goes. That's if he doesn't go to the press first.

• Like 1