Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I'd love to say good luck to McDonald but I'm afraid you're like turncoat MCGee. You can fuck off you badge kissing wee cunt. Take you're attitude and fuck off. No longer s well player so can say what I feel and you're bad for the dressing room so fuck off.

There that feels better. Next on the list the over rated washes thief McMannus. He's for the same whe he goes. That's if he doesn't go to the press first.

Haha...fuck sake.

McDonalds time with Motherwell came to a natural conclusion this year as far as I'm concerned, clearly his performances were on the wain, and he obviously didnt see eye-to-eye with the gaffer. Great player for us in 2 spells, decent goalscoring record, and I hate to think where we'd have ended up if he wasnt in our squad for the past 3 seasons.

Yes, he clearly has his down sides, the very public moaning on the pitch and fannying about each season over contract renewals, as well as the rumours of him being an unsettling influence in the dressing room, and I'm not at all upset that hes gone BUT, I'll not be booing him if/when he returns to face us at Fir Park.

As for McManus, hes harshly treated by the Motherwell fans in my book...if he is injury-free and can get his fitness up, I reckon he has another year in him.

McGhee is a different kettle of fish entirely

• Like 6

As for McManus, hes harshly treated by the Motherwell fans in my book...if he is injury-free and can get his fitness up, I reckon he has another year in him.

You wouldn't have been saying that if you had been there last night - a f....n centre half that thinks he's half Pirlo and half Alonso, sadly he isn't close to being either.

Haha...fuck sake.

McDonalds time with Motherwell came to a natural conclusion this year as far as I'm concerned, clearly his performances were on the wain, and he obviously didnt see eye-to-eye with the gaffer. Great player for us in 2 spells, decent goalscoring record, and I hate to think where we'd have ended up if he wasnt in our squad for the past 3 seasons.

Yes, he clearly has his down sides, the very public moaning on the pitch and fannying about each season over contract renewals, as well as the rumours of him being an unsettling influence in the dressing room, and I'm not at all upset that hes gone BUT, I'll not be booing him if/when he returns to face us at Fir Park.

McGhee is a different kettle of fish entirely

This for me

Agree with most of the Skippy comments. Never seemed to give less than 100% when he was playing, and made a significant contribution.

Like Pearson (and McFadden), his time came to a natural end. I think he has his ideal gig now for this stage in his career - decent Championship team + media work.

You wouldn't have been saying that if you had been there last night - a f....n centre half that thinks he's half Pirlo and half Alonso, sadly he isn't close to being either.

I don't think we've ever had a centre-back that hasnt made mistakes.

I think part of the problem with McManus and how he is viewed by a portion of the support is where he has been in his career prior to coming to us. He played for Celtic, winning leagues and playing in Europe regularly, captained Scotland, played at a decent level down south...but for me, that type of exposure was probably always beyond him...he was playing above his level I reckon for most of his career, but for us he is more than adequate I'd have thought.

I don't think we've ever had a centre-back that hasnt made mistakes.

I think part of the problem with McManus and how he is viewed by a portion of the support is where he has been in his career prior to coming to us. He played for Celtic, winning leagues and playing in Europe regularly, captained Scotland, played at a decent level down south...but for me, that type of exposure was probably always beyond him...he was playing above his level I reckon for most of his career, but for us he is more than adequate I'd have thought.

That's the thing for me too with McManus. As critical as I have been of him over his time here, if you judge him on his supposed pedigree of Scotland caps, Champion's League appearances, titles and seven figure transfer fees then he's probably came up a bit short. However, if you judge him as a Motherwell centre back in his 30s, then he's probably the done the job expected of that bracket reasonably well.

• Like 2