Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Conor Ripley's on loan to Bury. Seems to be slipping back down the leagues.

I always felt he was a decent young keeper but got an easier time than other keepers wed had because he wasnt Twardzic or Long. He made a few howlers during his season with us. I certainly wouldnt swap Carson for him.

• Like 1

Ripleys move to Burton didnt seem to turn out great, although Im not sure if he was brought in as a backup or whether he was meant to be a starter. However his season at Oldham he was brilliant, equalling Oldhams clean sheet record of 18 and making the League One team of the season. Think he was pretty decent with us, despite being prone to the odd mistake. If he can gain a consistency in his level of performance he could probably end up at a low to mid table championship club and make a pretty decent career of it.

I see Chris Humphrey now at barrow bit of a downward spiral for him recently .

As much as I loved Chris Humphrey (and I loved him a lot) and as much as he improved in his time at Fir Park, his biggest asset was his pace. When that's the case with a player, their careers tend to dip earlier than other players...

Talking about McGhee, he was spotted sitting next to another former manager Alex McLeish at Charltons Tuesday night checkatrade cup tie at the valley.

Its being reported that McLeish is heading up a consortium to take over ownership of Charlton with his mate former Rangers director Donald Muir as a key player.

Understandably, Charlton fans are shitting themselves that McGhees connection may lead to his appointment as manager. Bizarrely, theyre up for McLeish taking charge....oh how little do they know.

Also Charlton related, Connor Ripley was Burys best player today as they fell to their 8th straight defeat against the Addicks. As good as he is, theres nothing he can do for a team that has now gone 754 minutes without a goal.

With Jason Cummings on his way to Rangers on loan, I was just wondering how long until King Louis Moult is sent out on loan?

Wheres the link? A good few players have left Scotland in recent years and done just fine. Cummings meanwhile wanted to go to Ibrox in the summer but Hibs obviously wouldnt sell to them.

If Moult manages to keep himself fit and Preston switch to two strikers, he will do just fine.