Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Stuart McCall is appointed the new manager of Scunthorpe United. Kenny Black will be his assistant.

Didn't pick up on Black; sorry.

Edited by Cumbaeyabas
Posted about McCall, didn't spot the Black reference. Will give myself a right ticking off......

38 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Don't ask me how or why I stumbled across the information, but it appears that Luke Watt and Robbie Leitch both appear to have signed for the same Croatian third division side. Anyone any idea how that came to pass? Seems a strange one to me...

Extended working holiday? Croatia is very nice.

1 hour ago, daver said:

Quite a few Wigan fans on their forum saying Cedric was their man of the match today. Sounds as though he's doing well down there.

Great to hear the big man is doing well - also good for our chance of making a lot more money off him when he makes his move to the premiership 

On 9/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, stuwell said:

Great to hear the big man is doing well - also good for our chance of making a lot more money off him when he makes his move to the premiership 

Do we definitely have a sell on % in the deal? The way I saw reports worded, not explicitly calling out a sell on fee, but talking about performance related installments left me wondering.

2 hours ago, superward said:

Do we definitely have a sell on % in the deal? The way I saw reports worded, not explicitly calling out a sell on fee, but talking about performance related installments left me wondering.

It’s our normal in our transfers now and I’m sure Alan Burrows said something about its potential bring in more cash in his recent podcast 

4 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

Last night’s Scotland v Belgium result proves yet again what Motherwell fans have known for a long time : McLeish is mince as a manager.

Last night's result showed the massive difference in class and ability between Belgium and Scotland. The lack of grass roots development in the Scottish game has little to do with McLeish as a manager and more to do with the failure of our adminstrators to manage the sport.

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Last night's result showed the massive difference in class and ability between Belgium and Scotland. The lack of grass roots development in the Scottish game has little to do with McLeish as a manager and more to do with the failure of our adminstrators to manage the sport.

Naw McLeish is mince 

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Yeah but everyone in the media was happy when we binned our own grass root program because you know Walter Smith and Archie Knox knew more than Voghts and Bonhoff :wallbash:

3 hours ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Yeah but everyone in the media was happy when we binned our own grass root program because you know Walter Smith and Archie Knox knew more than Voghts and Bonhoff :wallbash:

It's well worth remembering that Belgium had been in the footballing wilderness since the 70s until quite recently, when they revolutionised their footballing development with a visionary programme. Before that they had been a spent force, like Hungary, and much worse off even than us.

Unfortunately, the words "revolutionised" and "visionary programme" are concepts beyond the ken of the blazers and the Scottish footballing establishment. I was particularly disgruntled today listening to Ian Gordon trying to smooth over last night's humiliation: a circling of the wagons around McLeish, the establishment place-man who certainly won't rock the boat too much.  Certainly, the genius who decided that playing  the third-best team in the world  was a good idea just before an important qualifying game, should  be "reassigned" to other duties. If the motive was financial then it clearly failed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

It's well worth remembering that Belgium had been in the footballing wilderness since the 70s until quite recently,.

Since 1980 they have failed to qualify for two world cups. They have qualified for eight finals in that period and only failed to get out of their group once. They have gone on to finish fourth in 1986 and third in 2018. If they consider that the footballing wilderness then Goid alone knows what they would make of Scotland's performances over the same period.

• Like 1