Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

No idea why teams seem to do what they like in this Hibs v Celtic postponed today as Hibs requested it seems to happen a lot at this level surely should be made to play at a given time not when it suits them. No idea if Hibs maybe played some under 20s yesterday or not but dosnt seem right to cancel a game when no weather or pitch problems .

Hibs youth teams decimated by virus. Couldn't field a team.

One thing I am curious about. I know overage players are not allowed but what other rules are there. For instance Celtic are buying million pound 19 year olds, Rangers latest loans are I believe 19, Kilmarnock have taken a under age player from Celtic. Seems very unfair to me if these are eligible and outwith the spirit of a youth cup. Shouldn't be surprised it is the SFA after all.

had a look at the Under 20 league to see hoe far up we are compared to Ross County (I was speaking to a County Fan who was telling me they were top of that league but only because they play the max over agers every game) and saw Celtic mid table as they are 6 games behind everyone? And the cup semi`s are "To be played before Feb 26th".

How in the name of fuck are we to develop youth in this country when we have one "Top Team" who use a development league to give game time to the massive number of rank average foreign signings they have over homegrown talent, while the countries top Club just fanny around and play whenever they feel like it. Whats the point of a fixture list and schedule if you can just bin games any time you cant be arsed?

We should have set dates in the calendar, you cant play because your fannying around getting pumped by euro kids teams or the like? Fine, 3-0 win to you opponent and a £250k fine for bringing our game into disrepute. Fucking does my head in pandering to these odious cunts

We should have set dates in the calendar, you cant play because your fannying around getting pumped by euro kids teams or the like? Fine, 3-0 win to you opponent and a £250k fine for bringing our game into disrepute. Fucking does my head in pandering to these odious cunts

I think the Youth Champions League is an official competition now so the games get postponed. Hopefully Celtic lose a few games when their fixtures start to pile up.

Luke Watt seems to be racking up the assists. I'd like to see him nearer first team. Obviously there have been doubts over his attitude/application but from what I've seen, he's far more accomplished than the likes of Ferguson and McMillan.

I'm surprised he isn't more of a regular around the first team. He got a few first team starts when Barraclough first came in and I thought he didn't look out of place....... (that can be taken either way - I mean it as a compliment).

Enjoyed that this evening. Thought the Accies boy who got the 2nd red absolutely sold the jerseys. The way it was going at 3-1 with 20 to go there's a reasonable chance they'd have seen it out however once they went down to 9 it was shootie in. Ridiculous challenge on Fry and a nailed on red card.

Cracking goal from Hastie to win it though.

It baffles me why McMillan is ahead of Watt. He was streets ahead tonight and regardless of attitude should be a lot closer to the first team in my opinion.

It's an interesting one. He seems to have fallen so far down the pecking order that it's difficult to see a way back for him at Fir Park. Yet a lot of people who watch the U20s say he stands out.

There's a part of me that thinks as long as his alleged attitude problems don't affect his fitness or ability, is it something we tolerate or would that damage team spirit?