Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

I rushed to get a bet on the game after I seen the lineup was looking strong and featuring a few senior players, to realise I was about 20 minutes too late and we were already 2-0 up. Some good signs in the highlights from Sid, Fisher and Tanner. Did give away a few good chances at the other end by the look of things as well though.

Still it's great to see the U20's sat at the top of the table, and hearing young Livingstone saying that they want to win the league and do some damage in the youth cup makes me think Craggs is gonna do a fine job with the youngsters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to attend today's game against Dundee Utd at Stirling to find it had been postponed. I did check twitter before leaving with no news of the postponement, by the time I got to Stirling, there was a tweeter feed to say that due to injuries and illness for Dundee Utd players they requested it could be postponed. When we arrived at Stirling the girl said that the groundsman postponed it yesterday due to the condition of the park. Not sure who was telling the truth and not that bothered, but just hope the official MFC site is correct.

I know it was only an under 20's game but there a few of us attend these games and would appreciate that the club could inform supporters on social media/MFC website a little bit earlier to avoid unnecessary travel.

Went to attend today's game against Dundee Utd at Stirling to find it had been postponed. I did check twitter before leaving with no news of the postponement, by the time I got to Stirling, there was a tweeter feed to say that due to injuries and illness for Dundee Utd players they requested it could be postponed. When we arrived at Stirling the girl said that the groundsman postponed it yesterday due to the condition of the park. Not sure who was telling the truth and not that bothered, but just hope the official MFC site is correct.

I know it was only an under 20's game but there a few of us attend these games and would appreciate that the club could inform supporters on social media/MFC website a little bit earlier to avoid unnecessary travel.

The social media team posted the game had been postponed around 10am this morning, not the biggest warning but still not the worst.

The game had also been moved to Airdrie albeit never announced officially by the club on twitter but seen a response from Alan Burrows telling someone had the game gone ahead it was moved to Airdrie due to stirlings pitch being waterlogged.

I turned up for a game against Accies earlier in the season, I checked the website while in the car park, the game was still being advertised. It was the spfl site that told me it was off. No great hardship for me as I am local but a bit of a waste of time.

Crossed my mind while watching the game at Ibrox, that such a run usually has us calling for a youngster to get s chance. That doesnt seem to be the case this time.

I havent been able to pay close attention to the fortunes of the u20s this season but is anyone close to a breakthrough? Turnbull looked the bright prospect last season and Brown came highly rated, how they doing?

When Craigan was asked about our prospects on BT, Turnbull and Maguire were the two mentioned.

Crossed my mind while watching the game at Ibrox, that such a run usually has us calling for a youngster to get s chance. That doesnt seem to be the case this time.

I havent been able to pay close attention to the fortunes of the u20s this season but is anyone close to a breakthrough? Turnbull looked the bright prospect last season and Brown came highly rated, how they doing?

When Craigan was asked about our prospects on BT, Turnbull and Maguire were the two mentioned.

Craggs did a wee twitter Q&A a few weeks ago and I asked who he thought had the best chance of being the next to break into the first team. His reply was David Turnbull, Barry Maguire, Adam Livingston and Liam Brown.

Dont go to the U20s games myself but whenever I watch the highlights David Turnbull looks an excellent player for only being 17/18.

I think Ross MacLean can feel a little hard done by given that we're currently hardly awash with attacking midfielders. Other than him I don't know.

• 1 month later...

Went along to the under 20's game against Falkirk which we won comfortably 3-0, anyway Frear played 45 minutes and thought he played really well as did Ross McLean who would be my man of the match, but our friend Stephen Hendrie played the whole of the second half in place of Frear and have to say he was awful, as much as I would like to see him do well, I just don't see him even getting near the first team on that showing.

The other bright light in our under 20's is Alfie Ageman who in my opinion has a bright future ahead of him.

Went along to the under 20's game against Falkirk which we won comfortably 3-0, anyway Frear played 45 minutes and thought he played really well as did Ross McLean who would be my man of the match, but our friend Stephen Hendrie played the whole of the second half in place of Frear and have to say he was awful, as much as I would like to see him do well, I just don't see him even getting near the first team on that showing.

The other bright light in our under 20's is Alfie Ageman who in my opinion has a bright future ahead of him.

Who was our number 3 today?

He looked decent and put in an excellent ball for the 2nd goal.