Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

The loan player v perm youth player has, and always will be an argument.   For me, whether that perm youth players is someone who we signed at 20 or 21, or who has been with us since they were 12....makes no difference.

But, there's a balance to be had I think with the reserve team.  Majority should be our own youth but I'm ok with a couple of first team players playing to either get fitness/try and get them firing/keep ticking over.

Also...maybe this thread should be called 'Reserves' now to reflect the change?

I'd rather the reserves were used to develop our young players than Robinson's surplus signings.
I've got the impression that Aygeman hasn't played much this season. He should be a priority over Sammon.
I get what you are saying, but Sammon and Johnson got much needed game time and came off after an hour, the youngsters had a tough game on Saturday, and Scott and Agyman both got a run out, Sammon scores twice which will do him good, we score 5, Broque Watson was outstanding, Mbulu strolls it and scores again, Livingston scores a cracker, oh and by the way Turnbull and Maguire weren't there as they were training with the first team today, one would presume they will feature on Saturday. I would say thats all pretty positive wouldn't you?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clackscat said:

I get what you are saying, but Sammon and Johnson got much needed game time and came off after an hour, the youngsters had a tough game on Saturday, and Scott and Agyman both got a run out, Sammon scores twice which will do him good, we score 5, Broque Watson was outstanding, Mbulu strolls it and scores again, Livingston scores a cracker, oh and by the way Turnbull and Maguire weren't there as they were training with the first team today, one would presume they will feature on Saturday. I would say thats all pretty positive wouldn't you?

This does not fit the current narrative. Please reconsider.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Both of them haven't been playing in the reserves (the Iron Bru Cup the exception) for a few weeks as they have been training with the first team, and that still didn't get them into the first team!!!!

15 hours ago, superward said:

Some very nice goals today. 

Broque Watson always seems to be involved. Could be a good find. 

You have to be good at something when your parents call you "Broque" - seems to have been doing well recently.

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

Semple was on the bench on Saturday, he's only 17/18 i believe so is playing second fiddle to James Scott.

Cheers. I'd seen on here that he was away with a Scottish age group squad ( under 18s?) but if he was involved on Saturday then all the better.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, steelboy said:

Ross County at Fir Park tomorrow.

Turnbull is away with Scotland but I wonder if we might see Campbell playing as he's still young enough.

With the previous talk about him needing a rest, I’d like to think that he gets a break and some time off rather than getting thrown into this game. 

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I meant the Scotland team is u20. But looking at it there is quite a few 20 year olds in the squad.

Ah, sorry. But yes, International age-group rules are confusing, too. I don’t know how the Scotland u20s operate, but I know for the u21s you have to be under 21 at the start of the calendar year when a two-year Euro Championships qualifying campaign begins, which means players can actually be playing for the u21s when they have turned 23!

Clearly missed having Turnbull in the middle today. Ross County are physically stronger and have probably been the better team but we've been strong at the back and restricted them to one real chance, a header at a set piece. While we've not been as fluent as against Sligo we've probably created more chances than Ross County. Hastie and Watson have caused problems when they have got the ball and Scott has put in an impressive shift. We are just lacking that Turnbull factor. Wouldn't mind Rehman coming on as I thought he looked more comfortable on the ball than Brown or Semple. Need to keep the ball a wee bit better or picked up more 2nd balls cos I think Ross County have had too much possession and eventually that will tell. Plus we've proved we can cause them problems with probably less possession. Just need to get on the ball that extra 5%.