Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

Unlucky defeat.  Hinged on the sending off of Mbulu immediately after our excellent equalizer.  I didn't seen the incident so I'm not going to say the ref got it wrong but his overall performance was mince and I'd be surprised if he saw more of it than me.

All things considered to be competitive against a strong Ross County side that might well win the Championship this season, with 10 men for almost half the match and missing our best player, Turnbull, it was a decent performance.

For me, there is a lot of potential there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Realistically, who could we see in the first time sooner rather than later? Livingstone? Maguire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost nothing in defeat today, ref waisted it there is no way the ref saw what happened if anything did happen.

For me McGuire, Brown, Hastie and Livingstone would not look out of place in the first team.

Thought our boys did extremely well today against a team of really "old" heads who got away with a lot from a referee who seemed not to see their holding and pushing. Where do these refs come from? We seem to get the thick end of the stick from most of them. Ross County players fouled all the game but nothing really happened yet our boy is sent off. Can't say too much sbot it because I did not see what happened but our supporters were really mad with Cowie. Seemed to me that they cheated against our young colts.

On another theme, these lads certainly showed guts with their performance with 10 men unlike the lily livered first team at Ibrox last week. I hope they watched and felt burning shame for themselves

Congratulations to the Colts they did really well and deserved the ovation they got  from the fans who were there, pity a few more could not have turned up!

22 minutes ago, BAZ said:

Thought our boys did extremely well today against a team of really "old" heads who got away with a lot from a referee who seemed not to see their holding and pushing. Where do these refs come from? We seem to get the thick end of the stick from most of them. Ross County players fouled all the game but nothing really happened yet our boy is sent off. Can't say too much sbot it because I did not see what happened but our supporters were really mad with Cowie. Seemed to me that they cheated against our young colts.

On another theme, these lads certainly showed guts with their performance with 10 men unlike the lily livered first team at Ibrox last week. I hope they watched and felt burning shame for themselves

Congratulations to the Colts they did really well and deserved the ovation they got  from the fans who were there, pity a few more could not have turned up!

Fully agree, very proud of them today. I’ve no idea how the ref saw the incident that saw our player sent off, he seemed to take the word of the County players which was crazy.  They were a niggly  bunch for sure but probably just had a bit too much in the end. Well done guys.

Just now, WishyWell said:

Not quite a fair comparison of performances then. 

Neither is the comment about playing better than the first team with 10 men. Just another one of the endlessly negative posts from an endlessly negative poster.

Apples and oranges.

10 hours ago, weeyin said:

Neither is the comment about playing better than the first team with 10 men. Just another one of the endlessly negative posts from an endlessly negative poster.

Apples and oranges.

Wow!

You can literally count the positive posts from this entire forum, including yourself,  on the fingers of one hand regarding the first team in recent months.

What an utter hypocrite!

A good effort by our young lads and a few took the opportunity to promote themselves.  Overall a lot of positives.

The red card was nothing short of ridiculous.  At the most a yellow card was warranted and going by what we see week in week out even that would have been harsh.  The referee was not going to take any action until he was badgered by the County players and Cowie's reaction was farcical -  a yellow card would have been in order for simulation.  I don't condone Mbulu's action but he didn't do it do for no reason.   Players such as Cowie should be setting a good example to youngsters but instead he sets a poor exapmple and was no doubt congratulated by his manager when in point of fact he was probably congratulated.  

A sour end to a fine cup run.  Good on our youngsters though. 

I think we need to take off our Claret and Amber specs somewhat. The only person to blame for the red card is Mbulu. If he hadn't stupidly barged Cowie, then Cowie would not have done his dying swan routine, and the ref would not have had a decision to make.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. County were a big step up on Sligo, and the boys performed admirally, Livingstone's free kick was quite special. I liked the attitude of the team with 10 men, heads did not go down.

The future is bright, although at the moment I think only Maguire, Hastie and Livingstone are ready to get their chance. I like Scott, Krones, and Watson and hopefully they and the others will continue to develop.

No failures on the day, other than big Christian (who was playing well) for his moment of stupidity.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Not suite the U20s, but the reserves (perhaps a change of title needed)....

Good 3-1 win at Hamilton yesterday for Maurice Ross albeit with a strong line up as hinted may be the case by Robinson a couple of days earlier - Donnelly, Livingston, ATS, Mbulu, Bigi and McCormack all getting a run 

Good to see Scott with a stoater of a goal, and McCormack with a nice pass to McKinstry who made a great run and finish.