Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

Very disappointing performance from almost all of the Well team.  Basic passing and control absent and too easily beaten in challenges.  A harsh lesson and absolutely no sign that anyone anywhere near stepping up to first team squad.  

We also only had three subs and one was goalie.  

48 minutes ago, purestate said:

Very disappointing performance from almost all of the Well team.  Basic passing and control absent and too easily beaten in challenges.  A harsh lesson and absolutely no sign that anyone anywhere near stepping up to first team squad.  

Yep, my view too basically.  Clear to see some very new and young lads out there. No Semple or Cornelius.

Thought Devine showed he was more progressed than  most of his team mates and had a decent game. Thought our number 2 also showed a lot of promise.

Got a free tunnocks wafer though, so that was good.

Very young and inexperienced team with only 3 subs one of which was a goalkeeper ????

The young boys did not disgrace themselves and had a good shape to the team and tried to play football 

Couple of basic mistakes for couple of Clyde’s goals which Goodwillie punished the boys

All in all a good learning curve and good experience for them, all about learning at this stage in their career 

You heard it here first from his overall performance and the way he moved demanded the ball, his distribution of it and strength he showed agains some good experienced pro’s

our next young prospect WILL be MATHEW McDONALD this boy has got something about him ………… and he is only 16 years old

• Thanks 1

No harm in getting a lesson at this, or indeed any, level. As long as the lesson is learned.

A shame that we will go no further in this competition as I really enjoyed our decent run last season, but the key with this team is really about developing players for the future.

When you look at the difference in the teams between last night and last season, it's incredible. Last years team had Rohan ferguson, Jake hastie, David Turnbull, James scott, Barry mcguire, Liam Brown, Mbulu, we even seen Alex gorrin, and Jamie semple was the youngster, fast forward a year and it's a team of 16 year old boys. 

10 hours ago, purestate said:

I personally think your review above is absolutely ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, purestate said:

It was literally men against boys. You need to take a step back, take a deep breath and come back to the real world. This isn't a computer game or a tv show.

At no point have I called for managers to be fired, players crucified or punted, etc.  

Don’t understand the comment on computer game or TV show  

I get to see a reasonable amount of development level football so feel I have a perspective to differentiate between basic technique and application and fully fledged experience and guile.  

I recognise it was a young team against more seasoned professionals but since Clyde have had a less than stellar start to their season I don’t see why the result and most of the performances cannot be characterised as disappointing?   

It is important for younger players to get this experience and there are ways of getting it  - this competition being one  so  part of my personal disappointment is that Motherwell FC didn’t seem to take it seriously enough   Evidence only 3 subs  - Jamie Sempie (scorer last week and not a likely starter on Friday) was there so why not at least on bench   

I think regardless of there start to the season, they are facing up against 16 and 17 year old boys, David goodwillie gave our first team the run around only last summer, in fact Clyde gave our first team a very nervous 90 minutes last summer. I understand the Jamie Semple point, but you would have to think there is a reason for this, cornelius as well wasn't in either squad however did Maurice Ross not mention last week that even at the early stages of there career these boys were training with the first team more often than not and weren't viewed as reserves/u21/colts despite there age?

19 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

See the reserves drew 3-3 today with Ross County. Double for Dean Cornelius and one for comeback man Tanner. Tanner also played full 90 mins.

Really disappointing coverage by the club however with not a thing mentioned until the end of the game. Piss poor. 

The club media has gone seriously downhill this year!

18 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

See the reserves drew 3-3 today with Ross County. Double for Dean Cornelius and one for comeback man Tanner. Tanner also played full 90 mins.

Really disappointing coverage by the club however with not a thing mentioned until the end of the game. Piss poor. 

not enough interactions, club media channels are only about profile and statistics now,

pretty pissed off at it, but said my piece and they are not interested, in what I regard as the basics

website is poor ,  basics keep getting missed, and football match coverage almost non existent,

the professionals have won the argument, marketing profile is raised, some viral hits every now and again are enjoyable, probably offers potential for revenue through advertising

shame there is no football product to keep customers involved

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

First time Dean Cornelius headers a ball and we won’t get to see it? Poor show.

Good to hear he scored 2 goals. That will surely do his confidence the world of good.  Hopefully Craig Tanner is on the road to recovery although it remains to be seen if he regains full fitness.