Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

15 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Is he not cup tied with us so he can't play for Alloa 

Yes.  He has played in both round 1 and 2 for us.  

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

Dunfermline knock out Boreham Wood so no away day in London for the youngsters.

Sutton United are from London.  They knocked out Airdrie.  

Good tie for the boys, they will fear nobody in this cup competition,  I believe it's played during the next international break so hopefully they let them have the game at Fir Park.

I see Connor Sammon plays for the reserves today, I suspect that's due to he cant play on Saturday because of the loan arrangement I reckon.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I'm sure it will be at Fir Park. I think I read somewhere that a tenner is the lowest ticket price for this cup. Hopefully we get a decent crowd in.

Chic Young mentioned a tenner being the lowest price allowed, as he thought it was too much to pay to watch  the St. Mirren U21s v Accies U21s at the weekend.

17 hours ago, steelboy said:

Maybe if both clubs agree it can go lower.

Would Sligo agree with their travel costs?

There was an arrangement put in place when the Welsh and Northern Irish sides that a certain amount (a figure of up to £4k comes to mind) that would be allocated for each of the teams that had to travel to Wales or NI. I'm sure that would have been extended when English and teams from the Republic of Ireland were added.

For the Airdrie Challenge Cup game at Fir Park, they were in the South Stand and we had the POD Stand.  That might just have been because it was Airdrie though.  Even if there was a need to segregate you could probably still comfortably fit everyone into the POD and save on costs.

For the Airdrie Challenge Cup game at Fir Park, they were in the South Stand and we had the POD Stand.  That might just have been because it was Airdrie though.  Even if there was a need to segregate you could probably still comfortably fit everyone into the POD and save on costs.
Dunno Andy, I have a feeling there will be a decent turn out for this, think also opening the Hunter or Cooper might be a good option

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I too think there will be a decent turnout, international week against some 'overseas' opposition in the latter stages of a cup, not forgetting its a saturday 3pm kick off and very well priced. Massive test for the youngsters but after last seasons showing against crusaders we can go into it with some confidence, particularly on our own turf in front of hopefully a decent crowd.

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of going to the game this weekend.  Decent price and I think we stand an alright chance.  Least a chance to bring some excitement back to Motherwell.  

Also the seethe it creates with those who think it makes our game a laughing stock - despite 6 of the top 7 leagues in Europe having colt(s) in their league system(only England don't). 

No there is seethe because "it shows us how much of a laughing stock we are and why should we play a Premier League (not Old Firm) Colt Team it just downgrades the league."

Again lets just forget that of the big 7 leagues (Spain, Germany, England, Italy, France, Russia and Portugal) only England have not introduced them to the league pyramid.   And last time I looked 24 of the top 30 did.