Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

Only managed along for the first 60 or so minutes as I was playing 7s over at Toryglen but saw the first two goals. Fairly inexplicable shove on Blyth and a tidy, composed finish from Turnbull.

Thought Gordon did OK he kind of reminded me of Cadden, looks a strong runner and seems a lot more physical than I was expecting. Looked awkward on the right side of midfield, it wasn't a surprise to hear Craigan say post-match that he's more a central player. Took his goal well going by the highlights though.

Difficult to judge Blyth given how long he's been out for. He did a few things well, held the ball up and it was a good penalty but for someone his size you kind of expect him to dominate centre halfs a bit more and show a bit more presence.

The 60 mins or so that I saw was a weird game they were doing OK but didnt really looked as fluid as I've seen them before it's a credit to him that even with McHugh coming in they looked like they really missed Allan Campbell in midfield to keep the ball moving.

Only managed along for the first 60 or so minutes as I was playing 7s over at Toryglen but saw the first two goals. Fairly inexplicable shove on Blyth and a tidy, composed finish from Turnbull.

Thought Gordon did OK he kind of reminded me of Cadden, looks a strong runner and seems a lot more physical than I was expecting. Looked awkward on the right side of midfield, it wasn't a surprise to hear Craigan say post-match that he's more a central player. Took his goal well going by the highlights though.

Difficult to judge Blyth given how long he's been out for. He did a few things well, held the ball up and it was a good penalty but for someone his size you kind of expect him to dominate centre halfs a bit more and show a bit more presence.

The 60 mins or so that I saw was a weird game they were doing OK but didnt really looked as fluid as I've seen them before it's a credit to him that even with McHugh coming in they looked like they really missed Allan Campbell in midfield to keep the ball moving.

Here's hoping Campbell can get some 1st team exposure in the coming weeks.

How is the right back experiment with Tom Fry looking?

Here's hoping Campbell can get some 1st team exposure in the coming weeks.

How is the right back experiment with Tom Fry looking?

I've seen him play there a couple of times and he's done OK. He's clearly not a right back and I'd say he's been playing there out of necessity and a way to give him minutes rather than as any sort of long term "project". Watt's out injured and they've had a couple of first team players drop down for a game in the middle of the park recently; Lucas a couple of weeks ago, Pearson against Killie and McHugh last night. I'm not sure if Fry's played RB in all those games but he did reasonably well considering.

I've seen him play there a couple of times and he's done OK. He's clearly not a right back and I'd say he's been playing there out of necessity and a way to give him minutes rather than as any sort of long term "project". Watt's out injured and they've had a couple of first team players drop down for a game in the middle of the park recently; Lucas a couple of weeks ago, Pearson against Killie and McHugh last night. I'm not sure if Fry's played RB in all those games but he did reasonably well considering.

Cheers. IIRC, Annan are in need of a rb and their manager asked Craigan if we could try out Fry there in the Killie game.

Went along to the under 20's match v Dunfermline at Kelty Hearts junior ground, have to say Dunfermline played well and that No 3 Duthie for them , not only he had a cracking game and scored a brilliant goal for their 3rd goal.

I hate to say the most ineffective player on the pitch was Ainsworth, Blythe had a good first half, Lucas was average, we could have played an extra 45 minutes without scoring, they were terrible second half.

Have to say Kelty Hearts ground was a nice neat ground, but cold!!

Did you expect anything else from Ainsworth he's had plenty of chances this season but seems totally disinterested .

There were 2 managers that understood how to play Ainsworth and he was effective and fans were excited. Can't comment on today, but McGhee doesn't use Ainsworth like his predecessors and sadly the love for Ainsworth is gone.