Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

Watching a bit of the Scotland Under 21's against Estonia and Don Thomas has had some impact since he came on. Running riot down the right hand side.

Hopefully we see this version of him at Fir Park sooner rather than later.

Watching a bit of the Scotland Under 21's against Estonia and Don Thomas has had some impact since he came on. Running riot down the right hand side.

Hopefully we see this version of him at Fir Park sooner rather than later.

Great to hear. We've all expected big things for quite a few years now, I think when he's appearing for the u21's it's a good reminder that while he's been in and around our first team for what feels like a while he is still young and learning the game. Still got big hopes for him.

I see our Under have only 3 named subs tonight. Surely we could have picked one or two more?

Maybe it was a message to those that didn't get a run out?

Put a few thousand punters in the ground for some noise and those lads are far better value than what gets served up normally at Fir park

Different levels aside , at least the kids try and knock it about and do they know how to score! , couple of really fine goals , delight to see keepers tested at Fir park again.

• Like 2

Maybe it was a message to those that didn't get a run out?

Put a few thousand punters in the ground for some noise and those lads are far better value than what gets served up normally at Fir park

Different levels aside , at least the kids try and knock it about and do they know how to score! , couple of really fine goals , delight to see keepers tested at Fir park again.

I agree with this 100%

I see our Under have only 3 named subs tonight. Surely we could have picked one or two more?

Craigan has injuries to Luke Watt, Peter Morrison, Barry Maguire, Ross MacLean and Dylan Falconer hence his lack of subs, it's not the first time he's had only 3 subs to name this season.

Great to watch, but as the youngsters who have been out on loan have testified on various occasions, a million miles away from a competitive game in front of paying fans expecting a win.

Delighted the 'farm' is in good shape, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Chalmers performs well at that level, he was like an old pro shepherding the young boys through the game. Faddy unfortunately did not look head and shoulders above those around him, but also talked the boys through the game.

Just watched the highlights - thought Alfie Agyeman looked a handful. I just read he's only 15? Have we had anyone else that age play in the 20s?

Also - when was the last time Fadles played for the 20's and anyone know why he was included today? I hate to make comment likes this but it did look like he's 'physically not quite in shape' so I'm assuming it wasn't to get match sharp for a surprise inclusion on Saturday.

Just watched the highlights - thought Alfie Agyeman looked a handful. I just read he's only 15? Have we had anyone else that age play in the 20s?

Also - when was the last time Fadles played for the 20's and anyone know why he was included today? I hate to make comment likes this but it did look like he's 'physically not quite in shape' so I'm assuming it wasn't to get match sharp for a surprise inclusion on Saturday.

The final sub was aged 14

Think a subbie that came on today was only 14!!

Agyeman certainly looked a handful in the highlights. Fine strike from Semple too, think he is 16. Cole Starrs just 14.

Good to see Turnbull notch another terrific goal. Thought he was a shade unlucky not to get a game ahead of Shea Gordon on Saturday. The way we are playing, we could do with a threat from outside the box.