Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

The football crags has the boys playing is good to watch

I thought mackin was poor last night which is unusual

I really like the one touch stuff and due to the low crowds you could hear brill, faddy and craigan talking the boys through every step of the game

There seems a real focus on passing and also making the boys comfortable whilst in possession

I'd recommend it to anyone to go along and watch them

• Like 1

The football crags has the boys playing is good to watch

I thought mackin was poor last night which is unusual

I really like the one touch stuff and due to the low crowds you could hear brill, faddy and craigan talking the boys through every step of the game

There seems a real focus on passing and also making the boys comfortable whilst in possession

I'd recommend it to anyone to go along and watch them

Agree with all of this. I've been along to a few of the games this season and it's fair to say that both Craigan and Lasley seem to be doing a good job. The players seem pretty switched on and comfortable with the ball at their feet and aren't afraid to keep hold of the ball.

The fact that the games are kicking off early evening these days make them a bit easier to get along to as well.

Ayr fan that goes to the Scotland games with us suggests Dom Thomas is headed to Somerset Park. Presumably this will be on loan to January with the option to review.

Overdue but very necessary I'd say. They should benefit from a hungry player with lots to prove.

Ayr fan that goes to the Scotland games with us suggests Dom Thomas is headed to Somerset Park. Presumably this will be on loan to January with the option to review.

Overdue but very necessary I'd say. They should benefit from a hungry player with lots to prove.

Take it it'd be classed as an emergency loan then? Minimum 28 days, maximum 93 days. That'd mean he'd be back in January.

McGhee had high hopes for him this season going by his comments at the sponsors night last year. Thomas gives the impression of a daft wee laddie who's more interested in going out with his mates on a Saturday night than using the natural abilities he clearly has to carve a decent career for himself. Maybe being presumptuous and a tad judgemental based on his social media activity and chat within the club but he has time this season to prove me wrong and I'd be delighted if he did

• 3 weeks later...

He's been there since the end of the transfer window: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/08/31/watt-signs-for-stranraer-on-loan/

Unless I'm being totally whooshed about something here.

Hahaha. Ignore me.

You know what....I saw the story come up on something today and thought "I was sure he was on loan alrewdy somewhere else"...

What a fanny.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly not the correct place to put this seeing as he's still eligible for the U16's but I've been watching a bit of Scotland vs Wales in the victory shield while working from home this afternoon which is being streamed live on Facebook.

30 mins in and Jamie Semple has a double. The second a cracking left foot volley after one touch to kill a cross field ball. Haven't seen him before but read a bit about him and he seems a cracking prospect. Just a shame he's likely to be away down south before he gets near the first team.

Again we don't know how much truth there is to is or whether perhaps it was a reaction to the young boy with Celtic who played for their 20's but McGhee did say if he was allowed he would have had him involved with the first team.

The statement could be intended as a carrot for Semple, a suggestion to his parents that Motherwell is the place to be for him to develop or maybe it could even genuinely mean he would consider him for inclusion at some point.

Certainly seems to be picking up positive headlines anyway.