Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hamilton Sat 17 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I must admit, I think we'll give this shower of shite a long overdue drubbing. 4-1 Motherwell, from behind, after that irritating wee twerp Crawford scores.

Bowman will open his account with a brace.

Really looking forward to this after an international break which held as much interest for me as a soggy sausage supper and an away game in the arse end of nowhere.

Really looking forward to this after an international break which held as much interest for me as a soggy sausage supper and an away game in the arse end of nowhere.

Ditto. International breaks simply disrupt the season as far as I'm concerned. Its start, stop, start, stop and clubs can't build up much momentum. Looking forward to giving the Acciecomicals a drubbing.

• Like 1

Starting to get the fear about this game mainly as we really have to win it and I hate games like that!

We've currently registered 1 win from games v Killie, St Johnstone, Dundee and Ross County. If we are still on 1 win after adding Accies to that list then it will near impossible to put any sort of positive slant on our start to the season.

Desperately need a win here, feel as if we haven't really started this season. We have been decent in spells but had a couple of horror shows too.

We have no excuses now that Moult is back. Keen to see Bowman/Belik to see what they can offer. As I've said before I'd like to see Ainsworth be a key team member from the start and not just off the bench. With Johnson away we are limited in terms of creative outlets. We need to make the most of the guy's like him who can provide assists.

Thought it was interesting McGhee saying Hamilton have a bigger budget than us, pretty worrying if that is the case. I know we aren't in the best of shape financially but given the crowd difference I thought we would ahead of them wages wise. Accies don't have the greatest team at the moment but they have guys that will work hard and experience in Donati in the middle of the park. Say what you want of them but they have turned us over a few times in recent memory, hopeful of good win tomorrow to kick start our season.

P.s let's see if Hamilton can bring more than the usual 300 away fans, frankly the fact the can't bring atleast 1k over the dual carriageway is shameful.

I do not know for a FACT but I would think there was zero chance of Accies having a bigger budget than us. If he said Ross County maybe...

We have cut back as we have had little choice, but up to that point we would have had a bigger budget than most if not all provincial sides.

Anyway here's hoping we can get a much needed win tomorrow.

• Like 1

We have no excuses now that Moult is back. Keen to see Bowman/Belik to see what they can offer. As I've said before I'd like to see Ainsworth be a key team member from the start and not just off the bench. With Johnson away we are limited in terms of creative outlets. We need to make the most of the guy's like him who can provide assists.

Thought it was interesting McGhee saying Hamilton have a bigger budget than us, pretty worrying if that is the case. I know we aren't in the best of shape financially but given the crowd difference I thought we would ahead of them wages wise. Accies don't have the greatest team at the moment but they have guys that will work hard and experience in Donati in the middle of the park. Say what you want of them but they have turned us over a few times in recent memory, hopeful of good win tomorrow to kick start our season.

We'll struggle in midfield. Until we see what Belic can deliver and McHugh is fully fit we won't have a settled and 100% strongest side on the pitch. The chances are that Accies will best us in midfield although we have a better strikeforce. Ideally you'd want Cadden or Ainsworth on the right (few will prefer Ainsworth over Cadden I'd warrant), Lasley (if fit) and Clay in the middle and Belic on the left. I still think we're weak defensively and creatively in the midfield and that'll be our achilles heel. Accies will be up for a fight and I hope we can match them. All that said we can beat them, but if we don't I won't be overly concerned until we have our best 11 on the pitch, which could be a week or two away.

Like Welldaft I'd be very surprised if Accies have a larger budget than us.

Out of curiosity where has this idea that Belic is a left sided player come from? The footage I've seen of him he's playing predominately as a centre forward/#10 and is clearly right footed.

I thought that I'd picked up somewhere that he was left sided and could play through the middle or on the wing. If that isn't the case, then we have a problem on our left flank. Thomas is the only other one with first team experience who can play there, if we elect to play 4 in midfield unless of course we deploy Chalmers there, and he is currently struggling with injury. Even at that he lacks pace and is defensive. If we decide to set up 4-3-3 then we lack the midfielders play that way.

It'll be interesting tomorrow to find out our formation and midfield line up.

I thought that I'd picked up somewhere that he was left sided and could play through the middle or on the wing. If that isn't the case, then we have a problem on our left flank. Thomas is the only other one with first team experience who can play there, if we elect to play 4 in midfield unless of course we deploy Chalmers there, and he is currently struggling with injury. Even at that he lacks pace and is defensive. If we decide to set up 4-3-3 then we lack the midfielders play that way.

It'll be interesting tomorrow to find out our formation and midfield line up.

When he arrived it was mentioned by various press agencies and the club themselves that he's a winger but he's definitely right footed.

It's old footage I'll grant you but there's little here to suggest that he's a naturally left sided player. I'd say he'd be more likely to play in one of the channels and drift wide or deeper into a #10 role than start off as a winger. https://youtu.be/IbCUsIlQnxo

Edit: Here's some more recent footage of him playing with West Ham, you should be able to pick him out for the most part. https://youtu.be/qgjim2aP-B8

It's old footage I'll grant you but there's little here to suggest that he's a naturally left sided player. I'd say he'd be more likely to play in one of the channels and drift wide or deeper into a #10 role than start off as a winger.

It seems that you're right going by this evidence. That begs the question why we signed another right sided player. In any event I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't featured yet, even on the bench, given that he's only signed on loan till the end of the year. Its not giving him much time to make an impression is it?

It seems that you're right going by this evidence. That begs the question why we signed another right sided player. In any event I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't featured yet, even on the bench, given that he's only signed on loan till the end of the year. Its not giving him much time to make an impression is it?

In fairness we've only played one first team game since he signed. Though having said that I thought he might have had a run out with the 20s against United during the week.

but if we don't I won't be overly concerned until we have our best 11 on the pitch, which could be a week or two away.

I like a lot of your posts and you do give a lot of valid points but I just can't with this. With whatever team we have out we should be beating this shower, also with other comments it's as if we're playing a team akin to Aberdeen or Hearts.

It's like this place has its excuses ready for us getting beat, we are better than this team and I don't care about our form, the players out on the park or whatever. We will beat this lot tomorrow, abit more positively going into this would be good to see

• Like 1

With whatever team we have out we should be beating this shower, also with other comments it's as if we're playing a team akin to Aberdeen or Hearts.

It's like this place has its excuses ready for us getting beat, we are better than this team and I don't care about our form, the players out on the park or whatever. We will beat this lot tomorrow, abit more positively going into this would be good to see

I agree on paper we should be beating Accies but I've witnessed enough derbies to know that they usually raise their game to the point where they're fired up and get stuck into anything that moves, legally or illegally. I've seen too many such games where we've lost unexpectedly to take anything for granted. We'll have a decent array of firepower at our disposal today and given the right service that should be enough to win us the 3 points. Our defence isn't great, especially the full backs, but its no worse than theirs. Its the midfield that worries me. As a unit, so far this season it hasn't supported the striker(s) or shielded the defence. Now thats down to injury to an extent ie McHugh but also down to the makeup of the midfield. We're on the same pointage as Accies being one goal better off, so there's nothing between us although its far too early to draw conclusions.

Its usually about the end of September before you can draw conclusions about the squad and I still want to see McHugh and Belic in action. We've also to see what Blyth and Bowman can do. So from that point of view there's a few unknowns. Over the years I've seen quite a few superior Well sides getting beaten by poorer Accies elevens due to lack of fight on the day. Can we win today - of course. Will we win today - that depends on which of our teams turns up. If our lads are fired up, and Willie Collum permitting, up they'll win.

Belic is doing the signing zone thing in the club shop from 1:30pm today which I presume means he won't be in the squad again.

Accies usually seem to be more fired up for these games than our guys do but I firmly believe man for man we are a superior team and being at home we should be disappointed not to take all 3 points.

I'll say 3-1 to Motherwell - Mcdonald, Moult and Heneghan on the scoresheet. Imrie for them obviously.

I'm not sure how much you can read into who is in charge but in the two games we've faced Accies since McGhee has been in charge the attitude and application on the park has been everything you would want it to be. Could we say that was the case under McCall and Barraclough? Open to debate.

If that's the case again I would like to think that will put us in a strong position to win the game.

Getting one over Motherwell is clearly a big thing for your average Accies fan and whilst I consider our games with them "a" Lanarkshire derby rather than "the" Lanarkshire derby I do think there's a wee nudge up on the importance level of a game against say a St Johnstone or Kilmarnock. Perhaps it is because our record in derby games is much poorer than it should be given the respective levels of all the Lanakrshire sides over the years but I must admit I do enjoy a derby win and putting whoever it is in their place. And in that respect much as I want three points it is always quite satisfying to see them trudge away in disappointment after a defeat. Make it so Motherwell!!

• Like 1

Belic is doing the signing zone thing in the club shop from 1:30pm today which I presume means he won't be in the squad again.

Accies usually seem to be more fired up for these games than our guys do but I firmly believe man for man we are a superior team and being at home we should be disappointed not to take all 3 points.

I'll say 3-1 to Motherwell - Mcdonald, Moult and Heneghan on the scoresheet. Imrie for them obviously.