Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hamilton Sat 17 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

A fantastic 3 points and a much needed win. The first 30 minutes were sensational and a joy to watch.

Was it just me or did we then make it unnecessarily stressful for ourselves at 3-0 and 4-1? If Accies had made it 3-2 or 4-3 as I was certain they would then I'm not convinced we would've held on for the win.

Several players (Lasley, Clay and Bowman) seemed to noticeably tire and were crying out for more changes than just Ainsworth who was pretty ineffective when he came on.

He should've got a shout for his wayward header that lead to Accies first but I thought Tait had a nightmare and it's not the first time this season I've thought that about him. Real concerns about him. Samson continues to give me the fear. Spilled yet another shot and generally didn't command his area at all.

Anything at Firhill next week and we're sitting as well as we could hope to be all things considered. Sitting relatively content despite a few concerns.

P.s Imrie should be hammered for his deliberate blasting of the ball into the crowd like that. I remember John Brown did that Old Rangers years ago and he knew exactly what he was doing. Unacceptable and the mark of a true scumbag.

Gutted that I missed the game, ended up doing overtime, so at least the Xmas kitty is building up nicely. :)

Great result although by the sounds of things Accies could've had another couple as well. However 3 points and a win in the first Derby of the season, that'll do me nicely.

I don't think there is anyway that Imrie can be punished...it's impossible to prove it was deliberate, even though we all know that it was. The last player I can remember doing something was similar was Gio Van Bronkhurst (or was it Barry Ferguson?) umpteen years ago, and skelped an old-timer clean on the coupon. 'One' (not taking the blame) of our fans had skelped one of their players on the face after the ball had came into the stand and the player tried to retrieve that ball...Imrie today though fired the ball into an area where many kids were sitting. Not an animal, just a fucking idiot.

As for Crawford...if he is a 'well fan we should be pulling out the stops to get him signed up

P.s Imrie should be hammered for his deliberate blasting of the ball into the crowd like that. I remember John Brown did that Old Rangers years ago and he knew exactly what he was doing. Unacceptable and the mark of a true scumbag.

Accies official twitter claiming he's sorry and that he didn't mean it.

He's a very lucky guy - if that had hit a wean it's not something that could be ignored.

Moults disallowed goal looked onside

Yeah looked on, not the first time that assistant has robbed us of a goal. Thankfully tho we netted a min or so later.

Loved the simplicity of the first goal, long punt by Samson flick on by Bowman and Moult clean through to slot home. Great cross by Tait for the 2nd.

I would take Ali Crawford too. Not sure what his contractual situation is ?

What a game. Moult was and is a genius. The new faster and less heavy Higdon...

We did let Accies into game. Hardly surprising. I thought Bowman was OK. Felt he lacked SPFL fitness but he gave 100%. That is what counts.

Collum was a dickhead as per. 2 tackles from behind unpunished.

Fuckin best team in the world.

• Like 1

Difficult day for Bowman, hopefully he'll improve.

Can't agree with this, the guy headed on for Moults first and then won a penalty for his forth two assists is a good return. He was wrong footed later in the game to miss what should be a sitter but not a bad game from him as far as I'm concerned.

As much as he's exactly what we need, I suspect there's next to no chance of us getting Crawford. The lad is quality and I'm surprised he's still there actually.

I know skippy can be frustrating but he never hid today, yeah his passing isn't the best but he's a striker not CM playmaker. The lad Bowman should be pleased with his performance today and i look forward to seeing how he beds into the side.

I don't think Tait was as bad as some are saying. Yeh, should've done better with their first but he's not solely culpable, he and the CBs stood off and gave way to much space.

With the second, it was good movement and a cracking finish from Crawford but he should have been picked up. Again, ball watching.

I absolutely fucking love Louise Moult, the lads attitude is second to none. I suspect he'll have a point to prove and will be going all out for his big move. I think he is and always has been a more valuable player for us than Marv and it's great to see him back AND with such a bang.

Midfield resilience still and issue but I'm feeling quite optimistic for the months ahead

• Like 1

A fantastic 3 points and a much needed win. The first 30 minutes were sensational and a joy to watch.

Was it just me or did we then make it unnecessarily stressful for ourselves at 3-0 and 4-1? If Accies had made it 3-2 or 4-3 as I was certain they would then I'm not convinced we would've held on for the win.

Several players (Lasley, Clay and Bowman) seemed to noticeably tire and were crying out for more changes than just Ainsworth who was pretty ineffective when he came on.

He should've got a shout for his wayward header that lead to Accies first but I thought Tait had a nightmare and it's not the first time this season I've thought that about him. Real concerns about him. Samson continues to give me the fear. Spilled yet another shot and generally didn't command his area at all.

A good summing up for me. A great morale boosting win but we did make it unnecessarily hard for ourselves. For the first 35 minutes or so we blew Accies away and played some scintillating and clinical football. Moult, Cadden Bowman and Clay all stood out. However for the last 10 minutes before the break we took our foot off the gas as Accies fought doggedly to seize control of midfield and they didn't relinquish that until forced to do so by the final whistle. We defended far too deeply and gave them the freedom of Fir Park to showcase their talents and the impressive Crawford was very grateful for that.

Over the piece, I thought Moult was MOTM for his 4 goals and impressive forward play. Bowman too put in a good shift and seemed to work well with Moult. I felt a bit sorry for MacDonald as he was played a bit deeper than he likes and was less effective as a result. Cadden too had a good game and provided an outlet through his surging runs. Both full backs, especially Tait were poor and Accies capitalised on that and made life difficult for our central defenders. I thought we'd struggle in midfield and so we did. Although Clay was impressive in the first half hour he inexplicably faded badly after that and in the second 45 was often caught in possession by the terrier like Accies engine room. Lasley disappeared without trace. I appreciate that part of this was down to tactics but we really do need a more combative and creative midfield who can compete and last 90 minutes. For whatever reason we simply didn't work anything like hard enough off the ball.

Plenty of positives to be taken from the game especially the return of Moult and the power of Cadden and Bowman, but also some glaring weaknesses to be addressed. A special mention too for Ben Heneghan for his goaline clearance. Craig Clay continues to baffle me - he had a great first half hour but then faded badly. i just don't get it - surely he's fit enough to last for more than 30 minutes?

Some perceptive posters rightly pointed out that the assistant referee who chalked off Moult's legitimate effort also chalked off a perfectly good goal by Ainsworth a couple of seasons ago.

Some light relief was provided by Eamonn Brophy with his absolutely outrageous penalty box dive which I was sure would earn him a yellow card but Willie Collum must have taken pity on him.

Sticking Lionel on the left doesn't give us any real benefit.

Mark McGhee did the business today as evidenced by the result but the whilst Accies substitutions aided their cause, the introduction of Ainsworth had the opposite effect for us. I agree that it was right to take a tired Moult off but surely the introduction of someone like Lucas or even Thomas would have been more beneficial. As has been proved in the past, Ainsworth just can't play on the left wing and when he came on he contributed nothing.

Well that to me was a great game. 3-0 up and cruising. Then nervous as he'll as they came into it.

Could have finished 6 all with all the chances.

Moult is phenomenal.

Not just as goal scorer but his tracking back and fighting for everything.

Camden was superb again also.

One thing though that really boiled my blood was that arsehole Imrie.

2nd half he booted the Ball into the crowd at East stand. Clearly meant it when all that it needed was a tap.

He almost hit a guy sitting with his daughter on his lap.

Shocking behaviour.

We all hate him but to do that when kids are in that area shows how much of an arsehole he is.

Scum plain and simple.

I wonder how many songs about your dad being a peado it takes before you might do something silly?

It would probably be a lot less than 90 minutes worth for me.

Sorry mate no excuses - for Imrie. Hasn't happened in previous games where they've won comfortably. Suddenly the shoe was on the other foot and he couldn't take it. He could have seriously injured someone today with his show of petulance.

Seems like some on here who have had previous dealings with Imrie have been right - an arsehole of a player - and man.

Sorry mate no excuses - for Imrie. Hasn't happened in previous games where they've won comfortably. Suddenly the shoe was on the other foot and he couldn't take it. He could have seriously injured someone today with his show of petulance.

Seems like some on here who have had previous dealings with Imrie have been right - an arsehole of a player - and man.

I'm not excusing it or condoning it.I'm asking if anyone will be honest enough to say they could go about their work if people were singing about their dad being a peado.

I'm not excusing it or condoning it.I'm asking if anyone will be honest enough to say they could go about their work if people were singing about their dad being a peado.

That's what football is all about players take abuse that's what happens, no excuses for it someone could have been seriously injured and he claimed he never meant it he was clearing his lines, it was intent and deliberate and hit with real force, would be a lot worse circumstances if it was a fan to player