Parking At The Stadium

Last post by:

You can literally park on any of the residential streets that are 5 minutes walk from the stadium for free?

Aye, we have parked in the street since the 70s. Even for games with 20k crowds there was always space. Never been a problem and, like you say, only 5 mins or less away.

You throw away £60 per season to park in a school next to the ground (I assume it'll either be Knowetop or Fir Park primary) when there is a plethora of places and streets you can park a car within 5 minutes walking distance to the stadium (and they cost £60 less than your "season ticket").

You must have plenty of money to play with if you can piss it away like that. I also see next to no benefit, considering if you go straight to your car after the game, you'll need to drive through a big crowd of people who are walking out of the very ground you've parked next to.

You throw away £60 per season to park in a school next to the ground (I assume it'll either be Knowetop or Fir Park primary) when there is a plethora of places and streets you can park a car within 5 minutes walking distance to the stadium (and they cost £60 less than your "season ticket").

You must have plenty of money to play with if you can piss it away like that. I also see next to no benefit, considering if you go straight to your car after the game, you'll need to drive through a big crowd of people who are walking out of the very ground you've parked next to.

No need to tell us about parking in streets near Fir Park as we've attended games there for decades. Most of us were also brought up in these very streets. The cost to us per head per game is about 50p and how we choose to spend our money is our concern. By way of comparison, we don't indulge in pre match drinks before games for example, unlike many fans (thats their right and their own business) - how much beer or spirits do you think they would get if they asked for 50p's worth before a match in a local hostelry? Unlike donations to local publicans, who benefit from MFC's support but don't put much if anything back in return, our cash goes to the club and doesn't line third parties' pockets. Presumably you also think that buying a weekly lottery ticket for example is a sign of reckless financial extravagance?

Our money is our concern not yours and how we choose to spend it is our business. You have no idea about our finances and its of no concern to you. However I don't think spending 50p or thereabouts per home game on parking is throwing money about.

We also have other reasons for parking where we do but I'm not prepared to discuss them in a public forum.

How people spend their hard earned cash is up to them - live and let live I say.

• Like 7

I pay the £60 as well, but I do have a nice big Bentley..

I was under the impression the schools carparks were for disabled/elderly supporters...could be wrong though!

Was also sponsors, visiting club big wigs and the like for the hospitality boxes. Even the stewards (back in the days out was in house) couldn't get parked there