Scottish Premiership Partick Thistle V Motherwell Sat 24 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Abdul Osman will be suspended after being sent off yesterday which will be a blow for them.

They've not had a great start to the season but our last few performances at Firhill have been abysmal, then again we've got Louis Moult so 3-0 Motherwell. Moult x2 and Bowman with the other.

Cerny's out for them as well so it depends whether they stick with Scully in goals or they give Stuckmann a debut. The last few visits to Firhill have been eye bleedingly bad but I was encouraged by the shape McGhee went with yesterday and could see Bowman having a bit of joy against Thistle's centre halves as thus far they've been nowhere near as solid as the defence that pushed them up the league a bit last season.

Atrocious record at Firhill and the last match there must rank as one of the worst football matches ever seen with human eyes but you know what, I'll still be there.

Not only that but I think we can win!

The madness of football.

Thistle seem to have been our bogey team for as long as I have been watching Motherwell. Just in case it wasn't as bad as I thought, I checked out our head-to-head on Statto.com - and it's actually a little worse than I thought. That'll learn me.

73 Thistle league wins compared to our 64, with 47 draws. We have won at Firhill 21 times out of 91 in the league.

I think we can make this 22, but it will be tough.

I was fortunate to be in hospitality that day, sitting at the back of the Thistle stand. Got a few glares when celebrating the goals but our host fully expected to celebrate, so we did.

It's my local game but unfortunately I'm going to miss it as I'm away for a few days. We've been shocking there recently and I'd like to think we're due a win. Both teams deserved points taken off them last time, it was that bad.

Defense will need to tighten up. Lawless has hit a bit of form.

He nicked a goal at the weekend but other than that Lawless hasn't done much at all this season. Their form player by a mile has been Erskine & tbh I'd be more worried about Doolan getting a tap in when our centre halves lose him and Samson inevitably spills a shot.

Having said that they're without Cerny, Osman, Doumbuya and Bannigan while their defence is as much a shambles as ours so there's every chance Moult, Bowman and McDonald could have a lovely old time on Saturday.