Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hearts Fri 30 Sep 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Maybe I am clutching at straw, but following the game online, we seemed to be well in it until the second goal.

Was never sure about Samson but thought he deserved a chance. As such, he has had it so time to give someone else a go. His inability to hold on to the ball is his most glaring fault but the lack of confidence he generally inspires is doing nothing for us.

Away at a family do so not there and didn't get to see it so can't comment on the performance but we were shocking 2nd half v Accies and laughably bad v Thistle up until the end when we then only improved very very slightly so it doesn't really surprise me.

Samson is a fucking liability and has already sold the jerseys costing us points v St Johnstone and needs dropped. If Moult was playing midfield as folk are suggesting then that's insanity! As usual McGhee waits till the game is beyond us before making changes and it isn't working and hasn't been, well, all season really.

Getting spanked at home by team that hasn't been setting the heather on fire is poor no matter what way you splice it.

As soon as it wa mentioned that we would go second if we won, I knew we were in for a hiding. Been Hereford and this always seems to be he way it goes.

McGhee needs to stop mucking around with clever tactics and find the best and simplist formation that works for our limited squad. That probably means four four two and it requires a change in goal.

I think you could get away with Hammell, Lasley or McManus, maybe even 2 of them, but all 3 are past their best and struggling.

Hammells lack of pace tonight was terribly exposed.

Samson isn't the worst shot stopper in the world, but pushes everything back in to danger. All 3 goals could be traced back to a Samson flap, and our inability to clear our lines.

• Like 1

As soon as it wa mentioned that we would go second if we won, I knew we were in for a hiding. Been Hereford and this always seems to be he way it goes.

McGhee needs to stop mucking around with clever tactics and find the best and simplist formation that works for our limited squad. That probably means four four two and it requires a change in goal.

I don't think he's being clever, I think he's genuinely unsure what the best formation is with the new players.

Having said that, I think he's proved the current front 3 doesn't work. If he wants to persist with that formation, I think one of them needs to be a wide man with a bit of pace - which means Ainsworth.

Seemed to be pretty poor across the board tonight, though.

Having said that, I think he's proved the current front 3 doesn't work. If he wants to persist with that formation, I think one of them needs to be a wide man with a bit of pace - which means Ainsworth.

Seemed to be pretty poor across the board tonight, though.

With all due respect I think this line of thought is rubbish.

We scored 5 against Hamilton (good goal chopped off), scored 2 against Partick (good goal chopped off) and scored 2 again tonight and had plenty chances (don't know if the chopped off goal was good or not).

Our wide players are just not good enough, and that includes Johnson when he was here. Before we went with Moult, McDonald, Bowman, we'd scored 2 goals in open play from 4 matches and not won any of them. Do you remember the Dundee game?

Anyone who thinks were are going to win games in midfield needs rattled on the forehead. Our biggest threat is our offensive threat and if we don't use it we'll be in trouble.

• Like 1

Felt we were very poor in the first half tonight but despite that we were one deflection away from getting in at half time at 0-0.

Thought we were creating some chances early in the second half although they always looked dangerous on the break. So I can understand why McGhee wasn't rushing to make changes. Of course when he did, he took off the one striker who was actually contributing anything. Feel that Bowman could feel very hard done by.

Watching Hammell and Lasley is making me hanker for the return of Chalmers and McHugh. McDonald was another that was desperately poor. It's also brutally obvious how crucial Cadden is to the team right now.

Tactically, we're narrow and predictable. Only Cadden seems capable of dragging defenders out of position. Could make a case for dropping one of the front three for Ainsworth to inject some pace and width. He blows hot and cold but at least his pace might make teams think about defending a bit deeper.

Some of the players were very poor tonight but, for me, none of their performances were worse than that of the manager...

• Like 1

Samson bashing is wildly unfair. We were unlucky tonight. Can't continue with 433 without either pace or passing range, the long ball to bowman plan will see us in bottom 6. Can see a rethink from maghee.

Samson gives me the fear big time in all honesty he hardly had a save to make tonight but any time he was called into action he did not look convincing, so any critisism he gets is well justified.

Felt we were very poor in the first half tonight but despite that we were one deflection away from getting in at half time at 0-0.

Felt we were ok in the first half and Hearts would have been the happier team getting in at 0-0. 3 bad mistakes for the goal with the worst one probably from Lasley.

I general we look nervous on the ball which is not helped by lack of running off the ball hence we just keep giving the ball away or howfing it up the park. Players basic skills and fitness look severly lacking. Managers tactics/formation doesn't help. While Samson made mistakes tonight I wouldn't blame him for the defeat but I would drop him as soon as possible before he does start to be culpable for us dropping points.

Hammel and Lasley really struggling, Skippy very poor. Very depressing viewing tonight.

Glad the international break is here.

First thing to say about tonight was the better team won, however with our tactical line up we didn't half make it easier for them than it should have been. Firstly Scott McDonald does not have the pace to play wide in a front 3 (never really had) and needs to play centrally or not at all. Secondly Louis Moult is a centre forward, in the first half he was regularly in the right back position. These two players in my opinion are the best forward players we have, so for god sake let's play them where they're at their best! Thirdly, sitting off Hearts in the 1st half was showing them far too much respect, we were at our best in the first 20/25 mins of the 2nd half when we pushed up and got Moult and McDonald closer together. Goalkeeper has had a nightmare at both the 1st and 2nd goals and should now be taken out of the firing line. Say what you want about Las, however in my opinion he has been our best centrally midfield by far in the last two games (despite be taken off in both games). In the whole MM has done a good job for us but his stubbornness to refuse he is wrong at times in seriously infuriating!

The tactics and formation were a shambles to start with. Moult on the wing, Skippy leading the line at times, Bowman miles out his depth (can't fault his effort though). It got worse when Lucas came on.

It's depressing that any dross from the Conference can come up and go straight into the team but our own youngsters don't get a look in. It'll be interesting to see if it's the usual international break week off for the players or if they are actually going to bother to go into work next week and try and improve.