Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 29 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

We have a centre midfielder who is composed on the ball.....! What a novelty.

Was going to mention this.

Clay gets grief in here, he may look pedestrian, but he's tidy on the ball and keep possession. As does Lucas.

They may not run around and fly into challenges like Lasley, but they do retain the ball and rarely give it away.

If we've got the ball, opposition can't score (bar a calamity).

• Like 1

Was going to mention this.

Clay gets grief in here, he may look pedestrian, but he's tidy on the ball and keep possession. As does Lucas.

They may not run around and fly into challenges like Lasley, but they do retain the ball and rarely give it away.

If we've got the ball, opposition can't score (bar a calamity).

I think they have both played well and are quite a good partnership in there, both keep the ball well and have been key to our success today

Ainsworth and Lucas were superb, the guys deserved their standing ovations today. Clay aswell deserves a mention, guy kept the ball well and never stopped.

The front 4 of Cadden/Ainsworth/McDonald/Moult should be starting every week, there's not many teams in the league with that ability up top. Days like today happen when they're all at it

Team changes made a big difference.

Lucas did well and McDonald and Ainsworth gave us a lot more attacking options, pace and movement. Heneghan improved immensely from Wednesday and McMillan has settled right in at left back and deserves credit.

A word of caution though, I thought Ross County were very poor. Can we perform like that against a better team?

Still a big boost for our confidence and hopefully we can go to Dundee next week and get at least a point.

• Like 1

Excellent performance. Plaudits will go to Ainsworth and McDonald who made a huge difference to Wednesday's shambles.

Lucas and Clay did well and utilised possession efficiently, got a grip of the match and put the foot in when required.

I feel it's just that Henaghan gets deserving praise for a superb performance.

What a difference, the whole team deserves credit. Playing players in there best positions works.

The midfield of Clay and Lucas were excellent.

It makes some difference to your Saturday night watching a performance like that.

County looked terrible but we were as good as they were bad. Great to see so many young guys playing there part.

Great that we had a game so soon after our last debacle as it allowed us to use the frustration felt by everyone in a positive way. It's been a frustrating stop/start season so far that hasn't helped the guys who need game time under their belts - the new faces and those returning from injury. Been very difficult to gain any sort of momentum.

Another 4 goal performance is very pleasing.

Great reaction, great performance, great 3 points. Ok the opposition were not the best but we were head and shoulders above where we have been all season.

Hate to say it, but we seemed better without Lasley in the middle.

Lionel, yes he can be hit or miss but really grabbed his chance today even though he was playing on the left. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Cadden was again very impressive. Lucas looks a player, and young mcmillan did well again. Moult and Skippy got to work through the middle without having to worry about going wide to accomodate Bowman.

All very good. Barring injuries, McGhee really needs to start that team next week.

*I wont complain if he changes the keeper.

Credit where credits due. I swithered about making the 200 mile round trip today after I made it on Wednesday but I'm glad I did.

Great reaction from the players with some excellent individual performances thrown in.

It's amazing what a good work ethic, attitude and the correct players being played in positions that allow them to play to their strengths can do eh? That has to be the starting 11 for Dens? Surely?

After being enormously critical of Clay after Wednesday I thought he was excellent today, possibly because Lucas is a better fit than Lasley? The midfield retained possession well and allowed Cadden and Ainsworth to get forward. That's the first time I've seen Lucas and was very impressed. Good range of passing and I can't remember him wasting a ball. Was very unlucky with his shot at the end. On the evidence of that today Lasley may have to be content with a spot on the bench.

McDonald, Moult and Ainsworth were brilliant, McDonald in particular showing when he is in the mood and/or on form what a great player he is.

I absolutely slaughtered everyone after Wednesday's debacle so it's only fair I heap praise on them today. We're not out the woods though, I'm still concerned and anxious about the season ahead and I just hope today hasn't just papered over the cracks as someone said on the way out! If we leave Dens with nothing then today was for nothing!

Results elsewhere weren't really kind to us were they?!?!

Lucas made one mistake in the second half where he was caught in possession but other than that he looked to make a pass and showed how simple it could be, very impressed. After sharing my thoughts on McManus during the week I thought he did ok today, still fiddled with his socks though.