Scottish Premiership Dundee V Motherwell Sat 5 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Motherwell and Dundee both with positive results at the weekend. If we play on the offensive and don't give the opposition too much respect, time and space we'll have a chance of taking all 3 points. Same team as Saturday and the same shorter game should see us through. A narrow victory. I'll go for 2-1 to Well, clean sheets are fairly elusive.

I would class this game as "must not lose" but if we do indeed draw, then really then need to beat Thistle in the next game. Otherwise Saturdays result/performance merely papers over the cracks and we're back to square 1.

Someone said on here on Saturday that with the league being so tight (at our end) a win every now and then isn't much use. We need to put a bit of a run together.

Surely it'll be the same team as v Ross County? No-one deserves to be dropped after that. Regardless of who may be fit again.

I'm a bit nervous about this game.

Motherwell and Dundee both with positive results at the weekend. If we play on the offensive and don't give the opposition too much respect, time and space we'll have a chance of taking all 3 points. Same team as Saturday and the same shorter game should see us through. A narrow victory. I'll go for 2-1 to Well, clean sheets are fairly elusive.

Obviously I wasn't at the Hamilton - Dundee match but it looks like our performance was a lot more impressive than Dundee's, who won, but maybe not in any style. Even there goal came about from the striker missing the ball, the keeper diving the wrong way and the ball trickling into the net.

Our record up there isn't bad, W3 D1 L2 this decade although those wins were a few years ago when we had a much better team but it was only a controversial late penalty that denied us last time. As always making sure we get the first goal will be huge as the crowd is bound to turn.

I'm hopeful of a positive result up at Dens after our performance at the weekend. Surely got to stick with the same lineup of everyone is available.

I watched Dundee against St J on BT a few weeks ago and they were abject. Nothing up front, with that Tijesse guy looking particularly guff (cue him getting a double on Saturday). If we can get control of the midfield I'm confident our forward players can get us the goals to bring back 3 points.

Not a chance are we keeping a clean sheet but if Ainsworth, McDonald et al can pick up where they left off at the weekend I'd hope we'd be able to score ourselves.

Agree with others, you'd hope that we'd go with the same set up as the weekend. The only mild concern is that we change things up to try and counter Dundee's 532. If we're looking to take heart from any performances against Dundee lately then the St Johnstone one is definitely the one to look at. They played their 442 and just kept the ball off them and ran out fairly comfortable winners.

Dundee have looked a decent team on the ball any time I have seen them but they seem to be lacking cutting edge up front with the two new boys they have. Given the form I think this should be a must win, if we don't we can kiss top six etc goodbye. Same team as we fielded against Ross County please. If we play like we did in that game 3 points won't be a problem. Not the easiest place to go but Dundee are certainly not firiing on all cylinders just now.

2-0 Motherwell.

Will need to score twice at least to win this 1 if Dundee convert penalty they get awarded by John Beaton as that's normal practice for him in Motherwell games. From memory had him once this season penalty given 3 times last season 2 given and only game I remember from previous season was Aberdeen when 2 given so in the 5 games I remember 5 pens given against us Finally just to rub it in assistant is Mulvanney who disallowed skippy,s goal at Firhill so will need to play well to win this 1 .For some reason I have great memory of decisions against us but can't remember what I ate last night lol .

Same team as last week. I think McGhee will go with that also.

Although County were not up to much at times the system worked well and players complimented each other.

A win today by a couple of goals, Inverness lose at Celtic and Killie fail to win at Accies puts us 6th. That be great thanks. However, there is also a combination of results thats can put us bottom at the end of the weekend. Very tight table at the moment both looking up and down the way so important game.

McGhee played the same side at Firhill after the 4-2 Accies game so I'd think (hope) he goes with the same side as last week today. I seem to remember him saying last season that his preference is to get a settled side out playing consistently (or words to that effect).

Given last week was, by all accounts, the first time this season we've put in a consistently good 90 mins then it'd make sense to give the same side a run.

The consensus in here and among my friends and family is the starting 11 today should be the same as last Saturday.

If it's the same and we don't win I think most people will still feel it was the right thing to do and if we do win there will have never been any doubt!

If McGhee changes it and we win I think most people will still feel it was the wrong decision but it will be pushed to the one side and we got the win,

If he changes it and we lose McGhee is going to take pelters, and with a degree of justification in the eyes of many.