Steelmenonline Traffic

Kmcalpin

As a late joiner and well devotee in exile, I bloody love this forum. Yeah, there's a lot of negativity on here but having grown up in the east stand (standing and sitting) Large sections of Motherwell fans have always been that way. I noticed more so after all seated.

There are more trolls than just CMwellfan on here and we know who they are, yet (and I'm very guilty of it) we still respond to them.

I see no reason why people would feel the need to troll as I guess I have enough in my life to entertain me without the need to infiltrate a largely friendly online community and purposely noise it up.

I guess it says more about the troll than the community/forum.

I know nothing about email marketing or have any particular view on how this forum should boost its usage. What I do know is that without it, I wouldn't be anywhere near as well informed about my beloved football team and to the moderators who facilitate it, I am grateful.

• Like 4

If you click on your user name at the top of the page (beside the Sign Out link), you will see a Manage Ignore Prefs option.

On the Ignore page, if you start typing the name of the person you want to ignore it will bring up a list of matches, and you can select who you like.

Smashing stuff. Cheers.

I think its safe to say the reason many (including myself) are a tad dismayed on here is how the previous 20 odd posts have gone.

While flawed, CM did try to offer a solution and was smacked down for it. And that smacking snowballed. Granted the method and the justification leaves a lot to be desired, the crux of his point was positive and optimistic in its foundation.

CM, your point would have been better served with an offer to help and not using the shaky results of a google search to give gravitas.

To be fair I did say that I could post a hundred links proving the point re email marketing. My mistake in not drilling down the search to within the last week, month, whatever.

Entertaining that anyone thinks that link being 18 months old makes a blind bit of difference.

I did offer to help. I offered to meet with a mod and show him how to do it. Hey, I'd even be quite happy to pay someone to set it up on behalf of the forum.

Here's the core issue.

This forum could be a driving force behind increasing fan engagement and attendance at Fir Park.

I get the impression that Yabba's is the forum owner?

If so - his replies and track record over the last few months prove that he has neither the imagination or ability to take this forum in the right direction. That direction is NOT TO BE A BUSINESS - but to BE IN THE BUSINESS OF DRIVING INTEREST AND SUPPORT IN MOTHERWELL FC.

If I were Yabba I'd be all over this like a rash. He and the moderating team here could make a serious difference to the club future backed by marketing experts like me and professionals I could/would hire in.

Alas - he's wallowing in a sea of stupidity. Stupid can't be helped, but if the penny drops, he's welcome to pm me so we can discuss how to help the club.

Until I get that pm, I'm not returning to this subject.

2017 will be the year of the interactive email

http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/21/2017-will-be-the-year-of-interactive-email/

That link is a day old - I noticed a couple of dozen more in the last three days.

One of us knows what he's talking about.

Nothing I can do if the forum is full of fuckwit howlers.

As it clearly is.

However - I bet one bright spark will be looking at this and investigating what I'm saying. After all, it's me that's sitting on the Pacific Coast while many of you are up early to get the bus to work.

I know who I'd be listening to.

Until I get that pm, I'm not returning to this subject.

NOBODY PM HIM

That link is a day old - I noticed a couple of dozen more in the last three days.

As it clearly is.

However - I bet one bright spark will be looking at this and investigating what I'm saying. After all, it's me that's sitting on the Pacific Coast while many of you are up early to get the bus to work.

Oh.

As it clearly is.

Its unfortunate you think so lowly of other site users. I guess the solution is to neither visit nor contribute to this site anymore. Personal attacks are unwarranted and does nothing for how others perceive you. Save yourself the hassle.

I guess of course, with your strong business acumen and extensive marketing knowledge, customer/trader perception of you and your product is paramount? Isn't it?

So I'm curious. Why, given your apparent (and admirable) conviction towards 'selling' your argument on how to best 'sell' this site and Motherwell football club to a wider audience, do you think it best to adopt a belittling and/or confrontational stance to those you seek to convince?

Please feel free to attack or belittle me, but I spend (whilst we're on the topic of employment) most of my working life leading negotiations in board rooms and from experience, being pleasant opens more doors than it closes....even when the chips are down. Tell me where I'm going wrong.

Please feel free to tell us just how you have made your fortune and in which industries. Eradicate any need to become frustrated. Help us understand.

• Like 2

To be fair...

Fixed it for you...

No matter what anyone says, thinks or claims to know from their experience/education/work, I know best cause I'm a self-made superstar taxi driver using my millions for globetrotting while I educate all the silly little 'howlers' in the ways of the world.

As I'm the definitive knowledge on all things internet in the world, if you disagree with me I will only get angrier AND ANGRIER AND START SHOUTING AND CALLING YOU ALL NAMES CAUSE YOU ARE IDIOTS FOR NOT LISTENING TO ME AND USING MY EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE TO ENSURE STEELMENONLINE CAN SUCCESSFULLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD AND DRIVE ATTENDANCES AT FIR PARK UP TO 50,000 PER WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so easy to do and I will show you how in 5mins. I will use emails which is a infallible cutting edge communication tool. And if you find facts that this statement is not correct, WELL YOU ARE WRONG cause my three pals told me.

Not talking about it anymore cause your all howlers. In fact, scrap that. Your all fuckwit howlers.

Please listen to me....

• Like 1

CMWellfan

You are either;

-Les Hutchison

-Fergus McCann

-Donald Trump

or

You are hiding your pills under your tongue when Nurse Ratched does her meds rounds.

Your omniscience is so overwhelming , but I'd be happy for you to spend a bit of time sorting world hunger/ the Middle East/ Brexit/ global Warming. Shouldn't take someone of your talents too long.

Give us a shout when you're through that lot.

• Like 1

As it clearly is.

I've read through this thread and sort of swung from side to side on people's opinions but the fuckin bus comment really got to me! I do get the bus but it doesn't make me a loser and any poorer in knowledge, so what if I'm in Motherwell and you're at the Pacific Coast we're all heading for the same place at the end of the day. Be abit more pragmatic and less of a prick

I've read through this thread and sort of swung from side to side on people's opinions but the fuckin bus comment really got to me! I do get the bus but it doesn't make me a loser and any poorer in knowledge, so what if I'm in Motherwell and you're at the Pacific Coast we're all heading for the same place at the end of the day. Be abit more pragmatic and less of a prick

I get the feeling that the Pacific Coast is the closest he can be to any of his clients or colleagues without getting lamped.

• Like 1