Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 19 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Only half time but an excellent and convincing performance so far - could easily be 4 5 6 up. Partick have been a shambles at the back but we've defended well up till now and pressed the ball high up the park.

Might be of interest to a few pre match doom merchants that Lasley has be excellent today and the team shape has worked well.

Only half time though an other 45 minutes of hard work required.

I hope we don't think the game is won and and just try to keep the score at 2-0 Looks like it could be a tight league this year so every game is not just about the points but alaso about goals for and against as well. No point in starting to think about goal difference with a few games left to go. That should be in McGhee's mind all the time. So here's hoping we can rattle in a few more goals second half.

We are playing well and a good game to watch, but anyone know what's happening with Lucas as he is a class player and the boy belic?

The guys on the Motherwell Mixlr commentary just said they can't share the info they have about Belic but they don't think we'll be seeing him in a Motherwell jersey. Very odd.

The guys on the Motherwell Mixlr commentary just said they can't share the info they have about Belic but they don't think we'll be seeing him in a Motherwell jersey. Very odd.

Aye, sounds like one of those "internal matters" that ends up in players disappearing from view.

Pretty much what one or two on here have said, too. I dare say we'll find out eventually.

Must confess recent shitty gutless previous performances put me off big time. Frozen outside, that and Micky Flanagan tickets on sale made it a no no for me. Mind you cheaper gate prices and a less insipid performance than previously and I would have gone. But football prices forget we have other choices so there loss yet again. That's a separate thread.

Delighted with the result, can't comment on performance. Results also went our way big time.

Onwards and upwards we have the players time they proved it

On a side note and yes i know off topic but Micky Flanagan was £32 indoors warm, with over priced beer. Toilets that aren't overflowing and FUCK me have hot water. (Infection control MFC give us hot water to wash our hands FFS) also stewards that don't think they are part time bounces. Anyhoo point made

On a side note and yes i know off topic but Micky Flanagan was £32 indoors warm, with over priced beer. Toilets that aren't overflowing and FUCK me have hot water. (Infection control MFC give us hot water to wash our hands FFS) also stewards that don't think they are part time bounces. Anyhoo point made

Did you get a free feather boa as well?

• Like 1

The Drearies will have to wait until next week to complain relentlessly because this week we played well, scored a great goal and went Top 6.

I gave my opinion of the first half earlier but in summary it was an excellent performance where we could easily scored 3, 4, 5 goals.

Second half was a little bit strange, Partick threw everything at us to try and get back into the game and we defended deeper and as a result the game became very stretched, it was like the last 10 minutes of the 90 from 45 minutes in. We had a couple of good chances earlier in the second half and Tait and Cadden were both unlucky not to put the points in the bag. McDonald, who was absolutely immense today, should have been greedier rather than trying to pass to Cadden and he'd probably have scored as well.

Otherwise though it was about seeing out the lead. Thought we defended well throughout and I think McMillan acquitted himself well again. Ferguson had a couple of hairy moments when he got turned but overall stood up to Azeez quit well in the physical battle.

• Like 2

Funny game. Didn't think we played all that well but looked pretty comfortable which says a lot about how poor Partick were. At 2-0 down, they reminded me of us 2-0 down recently. No belief, no real apparent urgency.

On to us. No one really stood out for us. A few people had good games without being outstanding. Thought Tait benefited from the change of system, given he seems a better full back going forward than defensively. McMillan again stood up well. Didn't too anything too flash but looks comfortable on the ball and physically strong enough to cope in the SPL. Also thought Lasley had his best game in a while, making loads of good blocks and interceptions. Cadden has had better games but even today you could see Partick were wary whenever he got the ball. Ferguson got turned a couple of times but didn't look out of his depth albeit against a poor Partick side.

And I'm not a fan of his, but McDonald had an excellent game despite his final ball letting him down at times. I think that's what frustrates about him. You know the ability he has, he just shows it so rarely...