Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 19 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Did you miss the part where McGhee said that the ambition is to bring the young players through and put us in a position where they will be winning every week?

We can't have it both ways. If we are truly committed to a youth policy (which I am) we also need to accept inconsistent performances along the way. If it pays off, then it will be worth it.

Hopefully a run of games will help us get back in the groove. Good to hear that our long term absentees are starting to return to fitness.

Another defeat, in front of a lower crowd than we would normally get via Thistle. My Thistle mate who usually goes to this game is not going due to the traffic problems surrounding M74 closure. A few of his fellow supporters have also indicated that they are not going due to this as well. 2-1 Thistle I’m afraid. :(

Couple of interesting stats from the BBC match preview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37959731

• Motherwell have never lost a home match to Partick in the Scottish Premiership (W6 D4).
  • Thistle have won their last two Scottish Premiership away matches. They have never won three on the bounce.

Get your money on an away win.

Did you miss the part where McGhee said that the ambition is to bring the young players through and put us in a position where they will be winning every week?

We can't have it both ways. If we are truly committed to a youth policy (which I am) we also need to accept inconsistent performances along the way. If it pays off, then it will be worth it.

Hopefully a run of games will help us get back in the groove. Good to hear that our long term absentees are starting to return to fitness.

And why must we accept inconsistent performances? Many teams find a way to blood youngsters whilst still achieving decent results. We aren't asking for mountains to be moved here. This rubbish about this being his only remit is a recent phenomena which is being used as an excuse to justify rubbish performances. We need to be sensible about things, firstly we need to look at results. Like you, I'm hopeful that the decent run of games coming up can be a turning point but I am still wary if we don't string a couple of results together we could be back to square one.

Another defeat, in front of a lower crowd than we would normally get via Thistle. My Thistle mate who usually goes to this game is not going due to the traffic problems surrounding M74 closure. A few of his fellow supporters have also indicated that they are not going due to this as well. 2-1 Thistle Im afraid. :(

I think they're looking for excuses - plenty of options. I will be driving past Firhill and will either leave early and continue along the M8, take the M74 to Cambuslang or even the M77 to East Kilbride. Not decided yet!

I think we would all accept inconsistency but that has not happened due to a youth policy.

McGhee would be aswell just talking about Scotland in his press conferences and he's bullshitting all of us.

A Lasley/Clay midfield has yielded hee haw. It doesn't work and it's not going to. Slow, predictable and just generally poor.

I've given up on McManus and Samson ever getting dropped.

Joke of a starting 11.

Looks like a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 to combat thistle's system.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Ferguson McMillan

Clay Lasley Cadden

Moult Mcdonald

Won't Ferguson play left back, McMillan move up and Cadden play on the right?

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Ferguson

Cadden Clay Lasley McMillan

Moult McDonald

No wonder the traffic is down on the site, the resident Drearies out already making even looking at this site an utterly depressing experience.

*** WE COULD GO TOP 6 TODAY **

• Like 2

The tactical genius strikes again....

Indeed. The 352/532 may work today but too often in the past when McGhee has tried to be clever or adjusted the formation to counteract the opposition, it has blown up in his face.

On another note, hands up who didn't foresee Ainsworth getting scapegoated for the last defeat? Anybody???

Depressing reading it may well make but at first glance at the team I think there is justification in wondering where chances are going to be created.

Unless the intention is simply to get the ball up to the front two quickly then then there's a huge onus in Cadden and Tait.

I also agree that it appears Ainsworth has absolutely no margin for error in comparison to many of his team mates. There remains the argument of course he's being purposely held back to come on later in the game but given the frequency he's the first to be chopped after things don't go well, well...