Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 19 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Central midfield, still think with Lucas (particularly in light of superb display vs Ross County) and McHugh still to come back from injury we've got options. I don't think Lasley and Clay together are the best of those, and Cadden is clearly better as a driving wide midfielder a la early Pearo as he showed yesterday. Looked a load more comfy when he did get out wide, and got bogged down somewhat in the middle at times.

There is no doubt in my mind that central midfield has been our biggest problem this season. Last two home games we have done better in that area and hence we've taken six points. Lucas and Clay were very good against County. Yesterday Lasley, Cadden and Clay were much better than the Thistle midfield three in the first half - not that they were perfect and there were mistakes but they were good enough. In the second half Thistle edged that area of the field but we were good enough that we were tough to break down. Hopefully McGhee will have learned that if that is our weakest area of the game, we need to give ourselves the best chance of mitigating that weakness by playing three in there. I think if we do that, only the better teams in the league will overrun us.

Great result yesterday but I really get fed up with the Anti McGhee talk at the games. Ye I know he isn't most popular and I also get annoyed with some of his interviews but at end of the day he got us to top 6 last season and is continuing to give youth a chance. Should have brought sub on yesterday but didn't but hey didn't have any bearing on final score. COYW!!!

• Like 3

That they were, but in their next 2 games since then they've got a credible point v Rangers and then a convincing win away to St Johnstone. 2 results I'd love us to get!

Everyone is very inconsistent. If any team could put any sort of run together they'll pull away.

Hopefully it'll be us.

Love it when McGhee goes on Scotland Duty and then spends time with the family down south.

McGhee's line up ? McGhees tatics ? No becuase he wasn't there at training. McGhees substitution policy ? No doubt !!

In response to a similar points raised on Twitter I noticed Graham Barnstaple respond McGhee was at Fir Park all week.

• Like 1

Love it when McGhee goes on Scotland Duty and then spends time with the family down south.

McGhee's line up ? McGhees tatics ? No becuase he wasn't there at training. McGhees substitution policy ? No doubt !!

Weird that you're raging we won.

Central midfield, still think with Lucas (particularly in light of superb display vs Ross County) and McHugh still to come back from injury we've got options. I don't think Lasley and Clay together are the best of those, and Cadden is clearly better as a driving wide midfielder a la early Pearo as he showed yesterday. Looked a load more comfy when he did get out wide, and got bogged down somewhat in the middle at times.

Cadden reminding me more of Pearo every time I see him. Not got a good enough first touch to play in the middle yet but could see him in that position in a few years.

Huge fan of him at the moment, his development has been great to watch.

• Like 5

Of course it was McGhee's tactics and McGhee's lineup. It was also McGhee's idea to have double training on Tuesday.

Lots of modern managers don't run training sessions. McGhee is more hands on than many.

Before the match we had 3 pages of moaning and doom mongering, after a match we could have scored 7 or 8 goals we get about one page worth of grudging approval but even then mainly due to the opponents being so poor.

No wonder 95% of the Motherwell support doesn't post here.

To add to that the two arseholes at the front of the East Stand on Saturday, Patrick got the ball at the halfway line with a minute to go and one of the bawbags booed! Booing the team/McGhee/Fuck knows while winning 2-0 with a minute to go in a must win game, first time in a while I've had a pop at one of our own fans but what else are some of them wanting!?

The other one with his incessant moaning "that's no good enough" "yeez are playing shite", the best one(or the ten times he said it) when we comfortable in possession passing the ball around defence and back to the keeper "Cmon tae fuck Motherwell we're no Rangers btw!"

I absolutely despair with the doom mongerers and the absolute roasters in our support, for a club that's not won a trophy in 25 years and not won the league since 1932 you'd think a win would go down well

I absolutely despair with the doom mongerers and the absolute roasters in our support, for a club that's not won a trophy in 25 years and not won the league since 1932 you'd think a win would go down well

I can't say that I like doom mongering but I'm not the world's biggest optimist myself. When diehard fans are totally immersed in games they show it in different ways - not everyone cheers incessantly. I say live and let live unless the fan sitting next to you is roaring down your ear; cursing and oathing or taking exception to your cheering (yes its happened to me). I suppose for many folk the football is a release from the trials and tribulations of their normal lives and a way to let off steam. I had a work colleague who was a committed Ayr fan and the nicest guy you meet but for 90 minutes he just lost it. After the match he could discuss it in a rational and calm way! It takes all kinds.

• Like 3

Some of the posts on here before a baw was kicked are laughable.

We are playing well and a good game to watch, but anyone know what's happening with Lucas as he is a class player and the boy belic?

And carl mchugh

Lucas was in chatting to Peter Elder in hospitality before the game and says he tweaked a ligament in his knee, but will be back in training on Monday.

I was in the south stand hospitality and Lucas and McHugh came in with Elder, Lucas got done by Moult in training and McHugh is starting to train, looking to be back after the old firm friendly break.

I thought we were excellent on Saturday, was really expecting a Partick win given their recent form. As a few have said, hats up off to McGhee, his tactics seem to work a treat. I thought up front Scott McDonald was unplayable, that's the best performance I have seen from him in a long time and he was truly a class above. Often winning balls from under the nose of defenders double his size and linked up with Moult really well. I thought the difference generally across the pitch was simply the hard work everyone put in, every ball was chased down and the pressure shown by the team was outstanding. One thing I did find strange was the lack of substitutions to forward players to kill the game when a few of them were dead on their feet. I'm no football manager but don't really understand the logic in this.

Over the moon to see us in 6th place but we are still only 3 points off bottom so let's not get carried away. Especially with Hearts then Celtic in our next two games. At the moment, we seem to have two types of fans, those who do not like our manager and those who excuse him at every opportunity. Let's try and find a middle ground. Some of the happy clappers saying 'told you so' after one result is getting pretty grating to be honest. It comes across about as childish as those who slate him at every turn. Let's get behind the boys and hope this can be the start of a positive string of results.

On reviewing the highlights, it was interesting to have confirmed that we had a stonewall penalty turned down, when Louis Moult, I think, was manhandled to the deck. Another potentially costly refereeing error.

They should have had a boy sent off for that challenge on Ferguson in the 1st half as well, we never even get a free kick.