International Call Ups

grizzlyg

22 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am bound to take stick for this but I think Cadden is baws. He's strong and reasonable when it comes to pace.

He's been found out at our level by most teams and hasn't put a decent cross in for ages.

Wouldn't disagree.

He's good at chasing balls but 9 times out of 10 he can't beat a man from a standing start.  He can't score (25 league appearances, 0 goals)  and he can't cross a ball either.

I'm repeating myself but I think Robinson's style of football has not helped his development.  All the good football Cadden played was for McGhee.  The decline of Cadden almost mirrors exactly the appointment of Robinson.

Cadden has regressed despite giving his all week in week out. For me, he has the attributes to score and create but the rwb shift isn’t going to get the best out of him.

I hope for his own development he gets a decent move in the summer but any chance of getting a £600k+ fee looks to be out the window at present. 

Not a great season in an attacking sense for Cadden and agree with the above that the way we play does not particularly suit him which is a big shame.  He was also carrying an injury for a good while which didn't really help.  He did start the season scoring though. 4 or 5 in the league cup group and v Ross County I think?  So it's in there somewhere. A strong end to the season for him should be the target....or it won't be long until the boo boys are out. Heard a few already sadly...

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Wouldn't disagree.

He's good at chasing balls but 9 times out of 10 he can't beat a man from a standing start.  He can't score (25 league appearances, 0 goals)  and he can't cross a ball either.

I'm repeating myself but I think Robinson's style of football has not helped his development.  All the good football Cadden played was for McGhee.  The decline of Cadden almost mirrors exactly the appointment of Robinson.

I'd agree with this. McGhee clearly lost the plot at some point in the 16/17 season and we're far better off with Robinson. However the way we were set up under McGhee definitely suited some players, with Cadden the obvious one. He's a weird player, but I still think his best position is somewhere between a central midfielder and an out an out winger, in that lopsided 4-3-3 McGhee played. I'm not sure if Cadden has actually regressed over the last year or just reverted back to the mean but it'll be interesting to see where him and Campbell are in five years.

19 hours ago, superward said:

Not a great season in an attacking sense for Cadden and agree with the above that the way we play does not particularly suit him which is a big shame.  He was also carrying an injury for a good while which didn't really help.  He did start the season scoring though. 4 or 5 in the league cup group and v Ross County I think?  So it's in there somewhere. A strong end to the season for him should be the target....or it won't be long until the boo boys are out. Heard a few already sadly...

Was niggling at me...so I did check it out.    In all competitions, Cadden has scored  4 goals which leaves him the 4th top scorer in the current squad (Tanner 9, Bowman 7, Main 5, Cadden 4.)) Could be said all lower league opposition except Ross County but important none the less   Also looked, and for assists, in the Premiership only (couldn't find all comp stats in the short time I have to look) Cadden is on 5 assists. Second only to Tait on 6 in the current squad and 3 behind most assists in the league.

Cadden does have his limitations as others have pointed out and the current system does not suit in my opinion but he clearly contributes.  I'd tend to agree with Yassin in that I don't think he has regressed but he has not progressed  either and his contribution has been patchy.  However, at only 21 I'm not ready to put him out to pasture quite yet....

I've mentioned this before. But, our system is a general bug bear of mine to be honest. Can't argue it's been relatively successful but it's essentially meant the likes of Cadden, Frear, MacLean who all have had success for in the past out wide are asked to play more defensive roles which either does not suit them and/or really restricts their movement forward.

12 hours ago, GazzyB said:

When is Kipre contracted until? Bigger clubs can't be far off trying to sign him.

Alan Burrows was on Twitter yesterday saying that there are "(Much) bigger clubs circling" and that Kipré is "courting interest from BIG clubs in England and abroad".

Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Alan Burrows was on Twitter yesterday saying that there are "(Much) bigger clubs circling" and that Kipré is "courting interest from BIG clubs in England and abroad".

Make of that what you will.

I have thought since January that our back three next season will be Dunne, Hartley and Aldred.  Which I could live with...

I have thought since January that our back three next season will be Dunne, Hartley and Aldred.  Which I could live with...

I could absolutely live with that but I’m not 100% convinced Dunne will still be here next season.

It’s all been suspiciously quiet regarding is contract extension the manager said he was only a few games away from triggering back in January, and given his performances since that time I wouldn’t be surprised if League One or lower Championship clubs would take a punt on him if they can get him for free. His power and pace suits that level of English football perfectly and he appears to be over his injury problems he had before he joined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the TwoPointOne

Cedric Kipre

Finally we have Kipre. The central defender joined Motherwell in the summer after he was released by Leicester City and immediately hit the ground running. We weren’t even passed the month of August before Motherwell had tied him down to a contract extension and as such he was on his way to becoming a hero with ‘Well fans.

If you were building a physical prototype of a centre back, this player wouldn’t look too far away from that prototype. Kipre is around 6ft 4in, exceptional body strength and is faster than most central midfield players, never mind centre backs.

Statistically, 21-year old Kipre is an absolute demon. From those CBs with over half the minutes played this season Kipre ranks a close second in the rate of defensive duels won, first in total interceptions and first in interceptions per 90 mins. Sure, defensive metrics can be generated by what style of team you play on – for example, a team with little possession is likely to have high defensive numbers due to how often they are without the ball – but Motherwell rank around mid-table in ball possession.

More impressive than what Kipre does is actually how he does it. The Motherwell defender gets so many interceptions because he’s incredibly proactive. Defenders tend to win the ball from strikers, but Kipre makes sure he has the ball before the striker can control it. His quickness of mind and foot allows him to start attacks and transitions for Motherwell. At 21 years old Kipre has huge potential and will hopefully bring a decent fee should Motherwell want to sell him.

Also in the article that Aldred is 3rd in the league for most aerial duels won