Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Rangers V Motherwell Sat 21 Jan 12:30

Toxteth O'Grady

Aye, think he's got at least 2 years on his contact.

Anyway, as is usually the case, a huge part of this will be mentality.

The last game at Ibrox we should have taken at least a draw, but for incorrect subs and a slack pass.

We have the players to damage them and their defence is as dodgy as ours.

Need to believe we can win.

SPFA scheduling really should be held to account next summer. The 3 home OF games reduced to two resulted in a 50-50 split among our fans, add together a shocking December run where we play Aberdeen twice in a fortnight, and head to Inverness on the one fixture you'd hope to keep local-ish.

Aberdeen v Motherwell Tue 13 Dec 19:45

St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 17 Dec 15:00

Motherwell v Aberdeen Fri 23 Dec 19:45

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Motherwell Wed 28 Dec 19:45

Hamilton Academical v Motherwell Sat 31 Dec 13:00

I know ICT and Ross County have far to travel every second week, however nothing to stop them being given St. Johnstone and Aberdeen to mitigate the travel.

At Hogmanay, ICT vs RC, St Johnstone vs Dundee and Aberdeen vs Hearts would keep most pretty happy at all clubs involved.

This time of year is bumper revenue gathering when the family diaspora returns home and our league governing body seems to be oblivious.

Now over two weeks we're looking at 3x 12pm kickoffs after no domestic football for 3 weeks.

And I'm going to refrain from mentioning Currants vs the Unwashed on Hogmanay, as if A&E's aren't full of eejits already at this time of year.

• Like 1

ICT/Ross county at Aberdeen isn't the easiest of journeys to be fair.

Is it not actually easier and quicker to get to Perth?

I also get that ICT, Ross county and Aberdeen can't just play each other all the time, but with st Johnstone and the 2 Dundee clubs in the league, there are surely slightly better ties logistically they could've arranged.

We've played Patrick thistle between Christmas and new year recently, and took a big crowd over there.

Without going over it again (it was done to death when they came out in the summer)...the league could have done much better and have hidden behind the crap excuse of 'the computer chose. But as we know...they get altered all the time.

What annoys me more is the amount of home games we get on TV v amount of away games in TV. Especially post Christmas this time around it will further impact home and away attendance.

Without going over it again (it was done to death when they came out in the summer)...the league could have done much better and have hidden behind the crap excuse of 'the computer chose. But as we know...they get altered all the time.

Plus, of course, computers only do what folk tell them to. No reason it couldn't be told to have a swatch at Google Maps and come up with some better suggestions in the first place.

ICT/Ross county at Aberdeen isn't the easiest of journeys to be fair.

I'm just talking about when games have to be played midweek and also at this sensitive time of year, something could be done to avoid a ICT vs Kilmarnock or Hearts vs Ross County. I thought the whole strategy we were discussing was about improving things for fans.

While not the easiest, I'm sure Ross County and their fans would have preferred to go to or host Aberdeen on the 28th opposed to Parkhead. That way Mrs McTeuchter from Dingwall gets to see her son who lives in London opposed to him being out the door from 8am till 10pm

Sadly you are kidding yourself if you think Rangers can't afford Cadden. St. Johnstone supporters said the same over O'Halloran.

They are sitting second in the league, will probably be back in European competition next year, have just saved a huge sum cutting Barton out the pay roll and will likely sell Waghorn for a decent fee in the window. Probably one of those is enough to raise the sort of money they'd be looking to make a realistic bid for Cadden.

The impediments to the transfer will be 1 - Do Rangers want him, 2 - Does Cadden want to go there and 3 - Do we need to sell?

Sadly you are kidding yourself if you think Rangers can't afford Cadden. St. Johnstone supporters said the same over O'Halloran.

They are sitting second in the league, will probably be back in European competition next year, have just saved a huge sum cutting Barton out the pay roll and will likely sell Waghorn for a decent fee in the window. Probably one of those is enough to raise the sort of money they'd be looking to make a realistic bid for Cadden.

The impediments to the transfer will be 1 - Do Rangers want him, 2 - Does Cadden want to go there and 3 - Do we need to sell?

They couldn't afford O'Halloran. They need loans to make it to the end of the season and they haven't even paid for him yet.
  • Like 1

They couldn't afford O'Halloran. They need loans to make it to the end of the season and they haven't even paid for him yet.

Since then they have paid out big wages to Barton and Kranjcar and paid fees for various other players including 1.5 million for James Garner.

I'm sure they will want to cement 2nd place this term and show to the supporters that they mean business so I can see them spending in January.

Personally though I see a defender or a striker being more of a priority than a midfielder. They have plenty of midfielders currently.

I never said they couldn't afford him, I said I wouldn't trust them to pay us everything owed over (as is normal in these transactions) a period of time. They are a huge credit risk right now.

In the same way banks wouldn't give us credit after administration, we need to treat Rangers the same way.

If they want to pay cash up front, that's fine.