Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Rangers V Motherwell Sat 21 Jan 12:30

Toxteth O'Grady

There was talk of 800 being sold a week ago so that's disappointing. I know people have their reasons for not going there but I had hoped we'd take more than we had at the play-off.

To be fair 800 isn't bad since we are only getting about 3,000 at home matches.

Lots of other factors coming into play - we play them twice in two weeks, it's January, it's not a nice place to go, its on TV, etc.

There was talk of 800 being sold a week ago so that's disappointing. I know people have their reasons for not going there but I had hoped we'd take more than we had at the play-off.

For better or for worse, there's far less at stake for us this weekend than there was in the playoff. Our recent cup record and the live TV coverage is hardly likely to encourage any fair weather fans along either.

Our cup record is poor, however, with our recent history I would rather be going into a game as underdogs than favourites. I spoke to my Thistle mate last night and he said that Rangers were dreadful against them and only snatched the three points with an undeserved injury time goal. With that in mind, we have a decent enough squad to win this one and hopefully progress into the next round. However, in order to achieve that we will need to be at our best. A hopeful 2-1 to the good guys.

I've been waiting all my life tae see us beat Rangers in the Scottish cup,the last time we beat them in this competition was season 60/61 when we beat them 5-2 at Ibrox. Time tae get this done guys....

I'm old enough and lucky enough to have been there that night. I hasten to add I was there with my dad as I was only 10. Typical Motherwell we lost 1-0 at home to Airdrie in the next round.

I've been waiting all my life tae see us beat Rangers in the Scottish cup,the last time we beat them in this competition was season 60/61 when we beat them 5-2 at Ibrox. Time tae get this done guys....

I think it was 2-2 in the first leg.

We also beat Morton in a replay at Ibrox in 1969. I remember going with my dad. I think Jumbo Muir scored the only goal.

Did we not beat Hibs at Ibrox in the cup 1/4 final 1976 on a Monday night,the second replay after the infamous "dart" game at Fir Park?????

Yes we did 2-1 (with a flu ridden squad, we had attempted to have the match postponed because we had insufficient fit players, still enough to stuff the Hibees mind you) - quite a rumpus in the Copeland Road end that night.

• Like 1

Yes we did 2-1 (with a flu ridden squad, we had attempted to have the match postponed because we had insufficient fit players, still enough to stuff the Hibees mind you) - quite a rumpus in the Copeland Road end that night.

Marinello penalty for the winner, wasn't it ?

I remember being off school sick that day and my old man wasn't going to take me that night cause he thought I was dogging it.

Had to promise to go back the next day. Great night. School rector was a Hibby and was sat right behind me.

Took me 20 years to get over the result in the semi though.............

Thompson hasn't been great for us either. Wasn't it him who sent off 3 well players at Easter Road?

Was the 3 reds not Dougie McDonald?

It was indeed Dougie McDonald.He loved brandishing a red card, mostly at us, and did it with great frequency.

Marinello penalty for the winner, wasn't it ?

I remember being off school sick that day and my old man wasn't going to take me that night cause he thought I was dogging it.

Had to promise to go back the next day. Great night. School rector was a Hibby and was sat right behind me.

Took me 20 years to get over the result in the semi though.............

Need to check that one, but you could be right - my first reaction was Ian Taylor, but I might be wrong.

You just had to mention "that game" though..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Need to check that one, but you could be right - my first reaction was Ian Taylor, but I might be wrong.

You just had to mention "that game" though..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marinello scored the penalty and Taylor got the other. I had it in my head that the penalty was the winning goal, when I looked it had Taylor as scoring the winner.

And...what other game?

• Like 1

This match and result ranks as one of the best I've ever seen from a Well side. We defied all the odds to get the win.

This match and result ranks as one of the best I've ever seen from a Well side. We defied all the odds to get the win.

Only made the original tie at FP......but can remember talk with guys the year above me at Dalziel it was pretty mental at Ibrox that night with 3 sets of different supporters all in the Copland Road end !!!!!

No fear please.

Interesting choice of word there - 'fear'. I'm excited about tomorrow and whilst I think it's a difficult ask for us and you would generally go to most games at Ibrox very apprehensive I find myself anything but fearful.

I think that having poked the evil beast in the eye as it were in the play-offs when there was a whole lot more at stake by comparison this tie is small beer in the pressure stakes.

I'm quietly confident.

• Like 1