Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Rangers V Motherwell Sat 21 Jan 12:30

Toxteth O'Grady

Maybe we will by then?

Entirely possible that McHugh will be back, Lucas may be fit and if rumours and massive hints are to be believed, Pearson might be back.

I need to believe that the ineffectual pairing of Lasley and Clay is only being deployed out of necessity.

I'm hoping for an improved midfield in January and liked the look of McHugh before his injury but he did play in that league cup game against Rangers when our midfield was totally overrun. I know that was our first competitive match and almost like a pre - season game but it's likely that this cup game could be McHugh's first game since early August.

More likely to get pumped in both games. Aside from the marvellous 2 performances in the play offs we usually roll over against them. Can't honestly see any different happening this season. We've huffed and puffed and blew nobody's house down so far this season. At least we make a few quid from it.

All depends on ours (McGhees) mentality in the games. Will he play to OUR strengths or will we try and I say try to combat their strengths.

Play it like a cup tie, right in their face at high tempo then we will have a chance.

Sit back and play deep, defensive with 5 in the middle allowing them all the ball to hit on the counter then we won't have a chance in my opinion.

• Like 1

I hope the usual suspects within our squad dont start coming out with"its been too long since the club won something and the fans deserve better" or bringing up the 91 team.i hope we just stay focused and go to ibrox and get into that shite.

They were absolutely diabolical tonight, no reason why we can't go there and win.

Indeed. I thought Hearts were excellent. Harried and chased everything. Won literally every tackle and should've had a penalty.

Sadly, at the moment, we don't have the players who can play with that level of energy and intensity.

That boy cleared yet another one of the line tonight also!

So much for the local paper supporting the local team, tough draw my arse they are pish as tonights result confirms, show them no respect and get right in their faces and we will win. coyw

That's not exactly true though, is it? We've reached two cup finals and numerous semi finals since then, which I would class as doing well in cups.

We have reached finals/semi finals, however, no one members the gallant losers, or the semi-final also rans. I hope they can prove me wrong this season.

They were absolutely diabolical tonight, no reason why we can't go there and win.

There's one good reason. We aren't Hearts.

Rangers lost 2-0, we lost 3-0 on the same ground to the same team.

I don't think Rangers are very good. When I saw Hearts play us I knew they would beat Rangers because they were really pretty good against us. However we are lacking in perhaps the most crucial area on the field, central midfield, and Rangers, while not hugely better than us, have better players and more options.

We'll see how Aberdeen do at Ibrox at the weekend. There is definitely a bit of pressure on Warbuton and team at the moment, if they lose that pressure will only increase, but if they win they will take a lot of confidence. The game after that is Hearts again and they also have matches away to St. Johnstone and Accies. The lead up to the winter break could see Rangers pull away in 2nd or fall right back.

I don't think they can afford to bring in a number of players unless they offload some first. They need loans to make it to the end of the season as it is.

Barton is away, and Waghorn appears to be trying to get out. The good news for us is that any new signings won't have had any competitive football to bed in.

There's one good reason. We aren't Hearts.

Exactly, Hearts are a physically stronger side than us and don’t wilt at the first sign of pressure.

I don't think Rangers are very good.

Agreed, however, they are playing us and it’s in the cup.

We'll see how Aberdeen do at Ibrox at the weekend.

Aberdeen are mentally weak and could succumb to the Ibrox crowd. The jury is out for me on this one.

Barton is away, and Waghorn appears to be trying to get out. The good news for us is that any new signings won't have had any competitive football to bed in.

Even with both of them away they're still not close to breaking even. They also need to minimise their losses for the rest of the season as they'll need special dispensation from UEFA to be allowed to compete in Europe (if they qualify) as they don't meet the FFP criteria.

As I thought, the mentally weak Aberdeen succumbed to the blue hordes. Hopefully we can be mentally stronger than them as Rangers are a truly average side.

If we can approach the match with similar tactics and mentality to yesterday, we should have an extremely good chance at progressing as they're not even in the same league (figuratively) as Celtic. Hearts showed that the way to deal with the zombies is to press them hard and high and put their defence under pressure.

• Like 2