Ins & Outs 2016/17 January Transfer Window Discussion

Lukemfc1

I would definatly like to see Bowman, Belic and Blyth shown the door. Louie Laing as well when he comes back from the loan spell. Id keep Lucas, hes shown enough in the county game alone that hes a decent player. I think if we bring moore back(if fit) then we have enough strikers with Mackin there as well. Pearson returning does not excite me one bit. We need another creative midfielder for sure. Been needing that for four seasons or so.

a midfielder who scored 10 goals last season does not excite you? that is exactly what we need! we don't have that in our midfield just now

Is he not contracted with St.Johnstone until the end of this season? If so, it would cost us to buy out the remainder of his contract. And we have NO MONEY.

im sure the deal will be an agree termination of his contract - St J probably happy to get him off the wage bill. And as much as this doesn't excite me, I do also think its definitely an area we need to look - we've not signed a competent LB since we re-signed Hammell

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. As with any of our squad, he's got to be for sale if the price is right. I've been very impressed with him for a young defender though, so I'd be sorry to see him go. But there's plenty left on his contract, so I'm sure we'd be in a good position to negotiate should anyone come asking.

What do we owe Boyle & Hutchinson? Around about £1m all in?

If there's any truth to these rumours, and we can generate anywhere near half of that for a guy who, IMO, is decent but is a million fucking miles away from being the finished product, then I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Would be sorry to see Ben leave so soon, but if Kennedy is back to fitness, he could slot in there while we count the fivers.

Agreed. We also have Ferguson who has been involved with the first team this season. McGuire is also playing well for the u20s, so there's options there if he were to move on.