Mascots

DosserJoe

Aye, We should have asked Noel Fielding to design it. He loves a batshit mental Mighty Boosh type thing.

"Boaby Steele, fell into smoldering hot Iron pit in the 'Craig 1984. Back to haunt his local team for not moving up there mid 2000's"

• Like 5

Absolutely, 100% better be as batshit mental as Thistle's deathspark or Queens Park's Papa Lazarou tribute spider.

If it's anything sensible I'll be fucking furious.

I doubt it will be anything too crazy as it was designed by a kid in a competition run by the club. So unless we have a young David Shrigley in our support I am expecting the obvious Steelman (complete with hard hat/new kit) or perhaps a fir tree.

Got to agree with this. Pointless tick box exercise for our Fan Engagement Officer.

The only valid reason for changing the mascot would be to bring in sponsorship and promotion ala Thistle.

Well, that or the bear costumes were old and smelly and nobody wanted to wear them any more.

Seems like a harmless initiative to get kids more interested, so not as much pointless as just not relevant to posters on here.

I'd rather we avoided a Partick style joke because we're shite at banter, but outside of that I have no cares.

Just read this thread - major opportunity missed by the club, and I mean major.

Worldwide interest in the so-called Viking chant. The Iceland fans admitted they got it from the Well Bois.

Copyright the chant for the benefit of the club. Get the right mascot in place - get in contact with the Chinese manufacturers, and produce a chanting version of the mascot. Easy done.

Sell the licence to other football clubs so they can produce their own versions in their club colours.

Copyright application is cheap and easy.

The Scottish government, Chinese embassy and other agencies will assist in locating the manufacturer. The British Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai are also very good.

As per usual, too much for the halfwit brigade on this forum to take in. It's hard enough for them to remember what spreading cheese they like for their piece, and what bus to catch to work.

I bet ya someone in the commercial department reads this and says "dafuq, why did we not think of that?"

Naturally, once they do it I'll be taking the credit on here, just to wind ya'll up.

Which is easy.

No, they are more likely to read it and go "dafuq, that cunt doesn't have a clue on copyright law"

Not to mention putting the club up against every club in the world. There is a reason the bigger clubs haven't copyrighted chants...

• Like 3

Copyright the chant for the benefit of the club. Get the right mascot in place - get in contact with the Chinese manufacturers, and produce a chanting version of the mascot. Easy done.

Sell the licence to other football clubs so they can produce their own versions in their club colours.

Copyright application is cheap and easy.

The Scottish government, Chinese embassy and other agencies will assist in locating the manufacturer. The British Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai are also very good.

The polis in Scotland won't challenge fans for poor behaviour and sectarian singing, and you want them to be steaming in and lifting folk for copying our chant?! This could be your best shout yet!

• Like 1

Even if you wanted to take this seriously, the writers of a song are granted copyright automatically. The writers were not the club.

Was a very entertaining post though, even if I'd expect a digital marketing guru to know something about copyright.

Even if you wanted to take this seriously, the writers of a song are granted copyright automatically. The writers were not the club.

Was a very entertaining post though, even if I'd expect a digital marketing guru to know something about copyright.

There should be a thread on this forum's front page dedicated to copyrighting songs for the club, get on it mods.