North Lanarkshire Sporting Hero

Brazilian

So the cooncil' are running a sporting hall of fame type thing for Ravenscraig, and they want nominations.

Who associated with Motherwell FC should be nominated?

https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=32765#584db61e0c8b6

Nominate North Lanarkshire's sporting heroes:

North Lanarkshire has a rich history of producing top class sportsmen, sportswomen, coaches, officials and other sports professionals. In order to recognise the invaluable contribution made by these individuals past and present, North Lanarkshire Council is creating our very own Sporting Hall of Fame located at Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility.

We need you to nominate your very own Sporting Hero a judging panel will then decide which individuals will be the first inductees.

Your details won't be passed on to anyone else, but your nomination will be considered by the judging panel. Everyone who nominates a candidate will be entered into a draw and two people will be invited to the North Lanarkshire Sporting Hall of Fame opening, which will take place in the New Year.

they ask 3 questions to help the selection:

1. Sporting discipline*
  2. Connection with North Lanarkshire * Born here, Lives here, Trains or Coaches here or Other'
  3. Why do you think this individual should be considered for inclusion? (Include all notable achievements and dates where possible.)*

Very loosely related to Lanarkshire sporting figures a wee work related matter had me looking at some streets in Ferniegair of all places.

It did make me wonder if the hand of a 'Well fan was at work noticing that Cooper Crescent leads into O'Donnell Drive.

Could of course be recognition of their SL roots but still street names after Motherwell players in that side of the motorway. Nice.

Very loosely related to Lanarkshire sporting figures a wee work related matter had me looking at some streets in Ferniegair of all places.

It did make me wonder if the hand of a 'Well fan was at work noticing that Cooper Crescent leads into O'Donnell Drive.

Could of course be recognition of their SL roots but still street names after Motherwell players in that side of the motorway. Nice.

Phil stayed in Barncluith area of Hamilton im sure, hence the naming of that street close by.
  • Like 1