Scottish Premiership St Johnstone V Motherwell Sat 17 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

St Johnstone's home form isn't all that great. Thistle, County and Killie have all beat them at McDairmid this season. That said our away form is pretty poor so it's difficult to be too confident. Having said that the past couple of visits up there we've taken the lead and Moult seems to like a goal against them at their place.

At the very least I'd hope that the abandonment of the Aberdeen game might give those who've been touch and go fitness-wise a chance to recover, especially Cadden.

Was interesting to see Bowman get a start, I'll admit that I didn't see that one coming.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if McGhee allowed in dugout on Saturday as McManus booking counts from last night so if that counted as a game for that should it count as a game for McGhee so ban over .

He should be but its the SFA were talking about here and they don't often do consistency.

In order to give ourselves a chance of getting anything from this game, for me we can't play Clay AND Lasley in the same team.

I agree 100% but it depends on what kind of player Lucas is. Is a defensive sort or an offensive type or indeed an all rounder. I haven't seen enough of him to judge but MM will know. That will determine who he replaces. As to our tactics on the day a lot will depend on who is fit.

Our record at Perth has been shocking since our last victory in Nov 2012....... No points......we haven't got a point of any of the top five this season...........convincing away victory then !!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to be fair, we humped County then they humped the Saints a couple of weeks later. You've a point about our record up there though, horrible

A very tough game is in prospect tomorrow and those who go shouldn't expect a classic. As Louis Moult acknowledged St Johnstone are a very physical team and we'll need to conjure up something a bit different if we are to return with any points. They remind me very much of John Lambie's Partick Thistle side of a good few years ago. They'll be well organised, extremely hardworking and very streetwise. They'll bite, scratch and claw their way to a result and Tom Wright won't be overly fussed how they do it so long as they aren't caught. At the very worst, it'll be a great learning experience for the likes of MacMillan, Ferguson and perhaps Hastie.

Willie Collum's appointment isn't the best of news for us but we'll just need to get on with it. Our long injury and perhaps illness list will determine who plays and who doesn't ansd also our tactics but it would be very satisfying to return home with 3 points or at least a draw. We are long overdue a decent result in Perth so why shouldn't we start tomorrow?

Our record at Perth has been shocking since our last victory in Nov 2012....... No points......we haven't got a point of any of the top five this season...........convincing away victory then !!!!!!

St. Johnstone in recent times have been pretty strong at home. This season that record has slipped a bit.

They have a very small squad and I think they could be dragged into 'The Pack' if they aren't careful.

They are coming off what looks like a fairly comfortable 3-0 against Inverness but before that there were losses to Ross County, Partick and Kilmarnock at McDiarmid.

I think this is our best chance to win up there in a while but our away record recently isn't exactly stellar either.

I think this is our best chance to win up there in a while but our away record recently isn't exactly stellar either.

If we go out tomorrow and work damned hard off the ball for 90 + minutes (not 45), compete and don't make mistakes we'll take a point at the very least. A tall order?.....time will tell.

Have horrible memories of Murtion Park in the early seventies ........my mums big brother lived in Cupar and we always went up and stayed overnight .......allways seemed to be around the September weekend and getting pumped.......my big cousin was a dick.....had his subbuteo park ironed and on a bit of hardboard ..........well done the undertones!!!!!!

Have horrible memories of Murtion Park in the early seventies ........my mums big brother lived in Cupar and we always went up and stayed overnight .......allways seemed to be around the September weekend and getting pumped.......my big cousin was a dick.....had his subbuteo park ironed and on a bit of hardboard ..........well done the undertones!!!!!!

As someone who had their subbuteo park ironed and on a bit of hardboard I'm saying the dicks where the lads with the floodlights and stadium round the pitch.

As someone who had their subbuteo park ironed and on a bit of hardboard I'm saying the dicks where the lads with the floodlights and stadium round the pitch.

Living room carpet. No floodlights or stadium. Every team with at least one player carrying the "knelt on" injury.

• Like 2