Society Board Vacancy

Kmcalpin

You'd have thought so, but nope.

Well hopefully, whoever is elected is one of those who could be contacted.

Not sure about the post match boardroom hospitality debate but it is tradition for the home directors to entertain the away directors after a game. If this isn't done or the away party refuse to attend it usually hits the headlines.

Cheers folks.

Once I've actually joined officially and been to next month's board meeting, I'll be keen to discuss any issues or criticism about the Society with folk - either on here, by e-mail (jay.henderson@outlook.com) or via Twitter (@jay_mfc). Communication remains a particular bug bear of mine so I'm keen to be available to any 'Well fan who is looking to ask questions, get involved, or just vent about the Society (which I've made a habit of myself). That's probably something for the coming months though, given I know just as much as anyone else looking from the outside in at the moment, but feel free to get in touch with anything Society related from pretty much now onwards.

In the meantime, if anyone is bored at work and wants to read some thoughts on fan-ownership that I wrote for the MFC Podcast book last year (which true to form has a go at the Well Society), feel free: https://tookadeflection.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/the-future-can-still-be-ours/

• Like 5

I understand it's an annul ritual and the opposition are always invited to join in. Found it very uncomfortable viewing however, particularly with McMahon and Kirkpatrick seemingly lapping up their time in the Blue room.

I suspect you mean Kilpatrick however the three I saw were Tom Feely, Jim McMahon and Les' daughter.

It's essentially a first foot and it would have been churlish to insist on not taking part. Some people need to get over that part.

It did look like a blend and not a single malt so their financial troubles are not over yet.

I suspect you mean Kilpatrick however the three I saw were Tom Feely, Jim McMahon and Les' daughter.

It's essentially a first foot and it would have been churlish to insist on not taking part. Some people need to get over that part.

It did look like a blend and not a single malt so their financial troubles are not over yet.

My mistake, Tom Feely.

Well done Jay, well earned appointment.

• Like 1

Cheers for the posts folks. As I said on the previous page, I don't know any more at this stage than any one else but moving forward I certainly have no intention to stop being as active on social media, the podcast, blogs, and on here as before (I'll need to actually be more active on here again - don't post as much these days but read daily!) - so any issues or comments or questions or whatever it is, fire them my way.

Congratulations Jay, well deserved!

As for that Loving Cup presentation at Ibrox, it's nothing short of a disgrace that our club took part in this.

"Many years have past since then and so it is, to this day, in the Blue Room in Ibrox, before the first home game of each New Year, the Toast to the health of the reigning Monarch is celebrated by the Rangers board members and the board members of the visiting team of the day."

Considering we are now a fan owned club we should be ensuring that we represent the views of our paying members. To be toasting the reigning Monarch is absolute cavemen stuff and something we could have politely declined.

Jay, I wish you all the best in your new position. Please make it a priority to have a word and clarify we don't need to bend over to please other clubs, especially the Old Firm, at every opportunity.

• Like 3

As for that Loving Cup presentation at Ibrox, it's nothing short of a disgrace that our club took part in this.

"Many years have past since then and so it is, to this day, in the Blue Room in Ibrox, before the first home game of each New Year, the Toast to the health of the reigning Monarch is celebrated by the Rangers board members and the board members of the visiting team of the day."

Considering we are now a fan owned club we should be ensuring that we represent the views of our paying members. To be toasting the reigning Monarch is absolute cavemen stuff and something we could have politely declined.

Jay, I wish you all the best in your new position. Please make it a priority to have a word and clarify we don't need to bend over to please other clubs, especially the Old Firm, at every opportunity.

A bit bizarre I admit Dee. However we have to tread carefully here. There may have been more to this than meets the eye and if I have missed some of the details behind this then I apologise. Whilst I would not actively advocate such a ceremony at Fir Park, I don't see anything wrong with what our Directors did and I presume that our representatives were indeed acting in their capacity as Directors of MFC and not the Well Society. I trust that if there was something unsavoury or inadvisable about the ceremony then the club Directors would have politely said their goodbyes and left. However they didn't. I'm as aware of the political and religious sensitivities of toasting our Head of State as then next Well fan but the ceremony could also be viewed as being a simple act of toasting the monarch. Had the club Directors politely declined and left that act in itself could be seen as being politically or religiously motivated and would have caused even more controversy.

You also raise another issue and that is the views of the Society membership. Does anyone actually know what they were or indeed are with respect to this particular issue? We have over 2,000 members after all. It was clearly not feasible to ballot the members about this in advance. There will be many other such issues which will arise in future but again we have to distinguish between Society Directors and Club Directors. Its simply not practical to consult Society members on every such issue.

Finally, I strongly believe that the Society must be totally politically and religiously neutral and I have faith in the Directors of the Society that it will continue to be so.

• Like 4