Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Aberdeen Fri 23 Dec 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Aye, what's the problem here with playing Aberdeen on a Friday night in December? They have a large central-based support so the crowd will still be fairly decent I'd imagine.

Price incentives? How big a discount did Motherwell fans get for the game at Pittodrie last week?

They are going through their usual winter wobble. In about them from the start and we can get something from this.

2-1 Motherwell.

Unsure how this fixture can be described as a shambles? Strange analysis. If this isn't a good night for football i don't know when is?

Amazing night for a game and really looking forward to it. Christmas time, everyone has been paid, everyone is in the mood to get merry, alot of people off work, Friday night etc.

I think we should see a signifcantly increased home gate (hopefully 400+) and Aberdeen should bring down a couple of thousand given a lot people will have already have finished on the Friday.

Aberdeen are in terrible form just now, I think with a good crowd behind us we have a real chance of getting something out of this. The pressure on Del boy just now is very high.

All I want for Christmas is some sort of result against the sheep!

Apart from their mauling of Killie their form since the cup final defeat has fell off a cliff. Can we take advantage of this unexpected dip? Depends what team we put out. Along with a Lasley and Clay centre mid pairing my other pet hate is McDonald being played anywhere other than up top and through the middle.

I'd like to see Lucas start as well as he's now got more minutes under his belt the past few games.

I think we'l still lose but you never know.

Did someone mention the weather was going to be bad?

It will be a poor crowd on Friday due to a number of factors - televised game; predicted poor weather; 2 days before Christmas and a night out on the lash for some. That said, i don't know if the attendance would be much better if the match was to be played on Saturday. A lot of the problem over the entire season is this daft "winter break" which means fixtures have had to be shoehorned in to a shorter timespan.

• Like 1

Catching Aberdeen at the right time. Their recent record is not one befitting of a team challenging to be the 2nd best in the country. P9 W3 D1 L5. On the road they've lost at Accies, Ross County and Rangers and I think we can definitely get a win against them if we put in a performance.

The players that have separated them from the rest - McGinn, Hayes, Rooney, Shinnie - are all out of form if you ask me and haven't impressed recently.

We should be looking to go into the winter break on 20+ points so getting to 20 after the Aberdeen match would potentially set us up nicely for a decent end to the first half of the season with Inverness and Accies to come.