January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

Probably I am in the minority but I do not get all this hype about O'Halloran. To me he is a ordinary player albeit with a bit of pace.

He was one of many ordinary players at St. Johnsone that Tommy Wright got the best out of. I wouldn't say he has been a failure at Ibrox but not a roaring success either, of course that's why he may be available. Much rather have an inform Ainsworth.

An inform Ainsworth,there is the big problem with him he is far too inconsistent you never get the same player 2 games in a row add that to his distinct reluctance to track back and defend when required and you get a player who at times is not the best asset to the team. Maybe McGhee sees that as well hence the interest in O'Halloran.

Probably I am in the minority but I do not get all this hype about O'Halloran. To me he is a ordinary player albeit with a bit of pace.

He was one of many ordinary players at St. Johnsone that Tommy Wright got the best out of. I wouldn't say he has been a failure at Ibrox but not a roaring success either, of course that's why he may be available. Much rather have an inform Ainsworth.

Agree with most of that but not your Ainsworth comment - he's too inconsistent for that. Tom Wright can take ordinary players with a bit of attitude and mould them into a decent side. More a reflection of his managerial skills than his players' talent.

In the past we've tended to show an interest in players nearing the end of their contracts with a view to a permanent signing if they do well enough but O'Halloran still has over 3 years left at Rangers so what is the point? Seems like they would see the most benefit from this kind of loan.

Once again a massive kick in the baws!!!

Really poor game I thought, very frustrating to watch, got slightly better in the 2nd half but 2 poor teams in my opinion and to make matters 100 times worse, those dinosaurs were there for the taking!!

Surely Ainsworth coming on as an outlet for us to use was glaringly obvious was it not??? A guy who gives defences problems with his pace and has done well at Ibrox in the past, struggle to understand why he didn't get on.

Fed up....miserable...cold.....time to drink

I agree re: Lionel. I have always liked him, but if he has become a player we can only bring on when the planets are aligned, we need to give that job to a youngster and find someone who can compete for a starting place.

If nothing else, both he and chalmers will be gone in the summer, but I'd really like to try and stay in the top division in the meantime.

Time tae rethink our signing policy a wee bit ,signing former players and non and lower league players fae England is all well and fine ,but for every Skippy and Moult there are half a dozen duds. We seem tae sign in bulk and hope for a gem amongst them.

I disagree, How many former players have let us down when they've come back? Off the top of my head not many. Alex Burns? Brian McClair? Henrik Ojamma? Can even chuck in Fraser Wishart if you want to go back a couple of decades. But each "mistake" if you want to call it that rectified within months.

You contrast that to the hundreds of games and the contributions we've had from Craigan, McDonald, Hammell, Lasley, Burley, O'Donnell, Pearson, Sutton and McFadden.

Despite the fury it seems to unleash in some folk for some unfathomable reason there is no absolutely no reason why a potential signing who it is felt could make a contribution should be discounted just because he's played for us before

And I don't see that much wrong with augmenting the increasing group of home grown players with calculated gambles from the lower end of the English game either. The very fact the biggest sale we've made in years in Johnson came from that route, and in the squad currently you've got Louis Moult who is surely likely to better that and even after a few months there have been murmurs of interest about Heneghan suggests it's a market to be explored and exploited further.

We're all hurting but lets just put the scattergun down as what to and who we are venting our frustrations at for a wee bit eh.

• Like 3

Well you've posted your opinion on a fitba forum Jim so it's kind of up to anyone reading your post to decide whether they agree or disagree with you and to how much length they want to go into if they choose to reply.

I wouldn't say your talking shit as you put it but I do disagree with your opion and have made it clear why. For the sake of discussion surely better that you know why I disagree, no?

But aye, nobody is falling out.

Once again a massive kick in the baws!!!

Really poor game I thought, very frustrating to watch, got slightly better in the 2nd half but 2 poor teams in my opinion and to make matters 100 times worse, those dinosaurs were there for the taking!!

Surely Ainsworth coming on as an outlet for us to use was glaringly obvious was it not??? A guy who gives defences problems with his pace and has done well at Ibrox in the past, struggle to understand why he didn't get on.

Fed up....miserable...cold.....time to drink

Whilst I agree that it's a massive waste that a talent like Ainsworth is sitting on our bench doing nothing, I think it would have been a risk bringing on a guy famed for not tracking back when Rangers were chasing the game.

While we have Joe fucking Chalmers on the left.

Time to let Ainsworth move, today we were crying out for pace and a bit of quality in the final third but McGhee clearly doesn't trust him.

Whilst I don't think Joe Chalmers is a long-term option, a short-term option, or even a guy you can stick there for 10 minutes, it's easy to be swayed by the fact Dom Thomas is playing well a level down. Hopefully the move sees him come back in the summer in a better position to compete for our first team, but we do have to remember he was ineffectual in several appearances for us prior to going out on loan.

• Like 2

Not Motherwell related but STV news are reporting Souleyman Coulibaly is in Egypt for discussions with 2 separate clubs.

Although he's blown hot and cold he's scored a fair few goals for Killie in the first half of the season and it'd certainly be a blow for them if he left.

Hopefully he goes, anything that weakens teams in our part of the league is most welcome.

Edit : fee believed to be in the region of £1m! Jesus!

Anyone heard any whispers on this guy from Forrest Green? I thought this would be a pretty straight forward deal. Would be nice to get someone in prior to Saturday to try and give the guys a bit of a lift. To me the O'Hallaron thing seems a bit unrealistic after seeing him play on Saturday. If we can get a wide man in, another centre mid, and a goalie i would be reasonably satisfied. Another defender would be nice too but trying to be somewhat realistic