Scottish Premiership Hamilton Academical V Motherwell Sat 31 Dec 13:00

Dezz

The commentary was the only way I had to keep in touch with the game today, and I really enjoyed it. I was screaming at the goal too. I actually like the fact that it's like you're sat next to a Motherwell fan, as opposed to a professional neutral commentator... although I get the fact that some people would prefer the latter. I'm also just grateful that someone takes the trouble to do it at all.

I don't think any of us are asking him to be neutral... just to remember in the heat of the moment that it's his job to tell us what's happening, rather than us having to figure it out from how loud he's shouting. I'm also very glad that somebody does it at all, but unfortunately he hasn't really improved much over the years.

• Like 1

I usually quite enjoy Mixlr. As others have said, its sometimes the only way to hear the game live. Today was OTT however. The reaction to the red card is ridiculous when you see the pictures and the constant harping about Hamilton parking the bus is chronic Old Firm patter. Accies are fighting for their survival. Perfectly entitled to try and win the points any way they can. That said, injury time equalisers are something special so I cant criticise the goal celebration! Hopefully they read this and tweek their coverage accordingly as its a great service they are providing for us fans that cant get there every week.

• Like 1

Quick post about the commentary. I think for me the biggest issue with the commentary is the sound quality. I dont know what kind of microphone they are using but I am assuming they arnt using any kind of condenser and perhaps not even a pop filter, which is the reason for your ears getting torn to shreds whenever they shout. I dont claim to be an expert by any stretch but I listen to the commentaries for pretty much every game that i cant attend and its certainly something that is very apparent. Tonight there were a few moments where I had to take my earphones off, not just because it was loud but because the sound coming through it was harsh. Dont get me wrong I am grateful for the ability to listen to the game live, as I was rather pissed off when the bbc stopped covering all the games.

I agree with all of that. My point wasn't about the substitution. Ainsworth has gone from one of the first names on the teamsheet to a bit-part player. It appears Mcghee sees a few in the squad as being a preferred option than him on the right or left.

I don't think Ainsworth's ability is up for question. His heart and commitment, however, is another question. Just one minute before the equaliser he had a 60/40 tackle in his favour and didn't even try to tackle. When we are 1-0 nil down and chasing the game then this level of effort is no good to anyone. Would not be disappoionted to see him leave during the transfer window.

It's not the quality of the microphone that makes them moan about a ref's decision for 15 minutes instead of describing the action.

It's compounded by the fact that often, like today, it looks like the ref was correct.

Oh dont get me wrong I agree. But its the moaning at volume on bad equipment that kills my ears that annoys me.

Are you referring to the McDonald incident in the corner? Never a sending off imo. McDonald knew exactly what he was doing, the wiley old fox that he is.

Yes, thats the one. Kurtaz lifted his hands to him and struck him in the face after play had stopped. Now thats a straight red card in my book. The referee should have ordered MacDonald off as he sustained a head knock but didn't. Skippy in fact went off voluntarily later to be checked by the doctor. I'm not saying he didn't make a meal of it, as he did. Lucas deserved to go for a two footed tackle but again Donati made a complete meal of it. He was so badly injured that he lasted the 90 minutes!

The game was played in difficult conditions on a dodgy pitch so it was never going to be a classic. As to the game itself, our line up suggested a cautious conservative approach with little creativity in midfield and thats how it turned out. We were the better side until Lucas' dismissal but after that Accies had all of the pressure. For all their pressing however, Woods was by far the busier keeper. We dug in well and deserved our point. I felt sorry for both full backs as they had little cover in front of them. Despite playing a 4 man midfield we were very narrow. I was very impressed by McHugh who did well again after a lengthy lay off. Campbell too did well in a very difficult debut. He's a real terrier who is not afraid to get stuck in and his off the ball work was very impressive - chasing, harrying and hassling. Thats a quality we lack as team. However he didn't seem to be the most creative of players - time will tell. I'd like to see him in a better balanced midfield with at least one creative player alongside him. Unsurprisingly we played the long ball to, our strikers a little much to my liking but being a man down its excusable.

All in all a deserved point against a streetwise Accies side who conned the ref a bit too often. It was gratifying to see Wood's blatant timewasting reap the reward it did.

There's only one Louis Moult!

We now enter a short break, with a cushion above 11th and 12th places, that should allow us to bring back some injured players and perhaps secure one or two new ones. Happy days!

• Like 1

I don't think Ainsworth's ability is up for question. His heart and commitment, however, is another question. Just one minute before the equaliser he had a 60/40 tackle in his favour and didn't even try to tackle. When we are 1-0 nil down and chasing the game then this level of effort is no good to anyone. Would not be disappoionted to see him leave during the transfer window.

Did he not step out of the tackle to win a throw in and from that sequence we scored?

I agree with all of that. My point wasn't about the substitution. Ainsworth has gone from one of the first names on the teamsheet to a bit-part player. It appears Mcghee sees a few in the squad as being a preferred option than him on the right or left.

He's played 18 out of 21 league matches this season and in the previous match McGhee put him on in the 26th minute to replace Cadden.

Some horses for courses going on, some trying to give young lads a chance as well but I don't really think he is a bit part player.

Some referees have given yellow card in similar circumstances, but by the letter of the law it was a red card. Only thing ref got right all day. He was utterly abysmal.

Also if you raise two hands that is deemed a red, so as wily as Skippy is his assailant could and should have seen red.

We were miles ahead when we had 11 men on the park. There was only going to be one winner, which makes Lucas moment of madness all the more frustrating.

Thought Macmillan struggled today, especially 2nd half, but then he is young and we were up against it. Clay was also ganting 2nd half - too many misplaced passes.

Moult was also having an off day, but he is a finisher more than anything else. His last minute goal was fantastic. Not enjoyed celebrating a goal that much this season. All that said we fully deserved a draw.

Great turn out from the fans. 2100 out of a crowd of 3500 is excellent. Glad they / we / I had something to celebrate come the end.

• Like 1

Also if you raise two hands that is deemed a red, so as wily as Skippy is his assailant could and should have seen red.

Had Kurtaz been rightfully shown a red card, the final 35 minutes or so would have been 10 V 10 and Accies would not have had it quite so comfortable. I recall Derek Adams being shown a red card in Perth for a slightly more minor indiscretion. Their playacting, diving and timewasting rattled me.

What a shambles it was trying to get in (and out of) there.

Especially for the folk that had gone to the bother of going to fir park to get a ticket, to have to stand in a queue with folk paying at the gate anyway. the turnstile operators w're painfully inefficient as well.

(Fuck me, I've never seen someone make such a meal of ripping a ticket out a book and finding 3 £1 coins!!!)

What a shambles it was trying to get in (and out of) there.

Especially for the folk that had gone to the bother of going to fir park to get a ticket, to have to stand in a queue with folk paying at the gate anyway. the turnstile operators w're painfully inefficient as well.

We were in the same boat. Despite having prepurchased tickets we had to wait in a general PATG queue; no when I think about it it wasn't a queue at all, just a general melee. I believe others queued up for over 20 minutes and missed kick off. Representations have been made by others to the club to pass on.

Not enjoyed celebrating a goal that much this season. All that said we fully deserved a draw.

Great turn out from the fans. 2100 out of a crowd of 3500 is excellent. Glad they / we / I had something to celebrate come the end.

Was the goal in front of the travelling support or up the far end?

Was the goal in front of the travelling support or up the far end?

It was infront of the 'Well fans. Great celebrations at the end.

Not a huge fan of Samson but to was great to see him sprinting the full length of the park and launching himself into the players/crowd after the goal. Looked like he fair enjoyed it, also thought he had a pretty decent game yesterday too.

• Like 3

Right in front of the 'well fans....

A turgid, horrible match for the vast majority of the 90 minutes...until Louis managed to take the last of his hatful of chances, absolutely fantastic celebrations.

McGhee took some pelters yesterday but he was completely vindicated in the fact we managed to get that last minute equaliser...it was a strange starting line up, but losing Lucas made it incredibly difficult to change it. He was never going to take Skippy or Moult off, and didn't want to take a defender out too early, and had no real option for the central midfield...so what did the halfwits want him to do? We were desperate for an outball, and Ainsworth was the only real option for that on the bench but bring him on too early and we lose a huge chunk of work rate and bravery (his drawers were full in that non incident discussed further up).

I thought McHugh was absolutely outstanding, Tait put in a power of a shift and clearly wears his heart on his sleeve.

We badly need width in the squad, and a competent, injury free left full back. Young McMillan isn't the answer there and is being hung out to dry.

Final word, is for Hamilton Accies...they offer absolutely nothing to the league, a horrible place to watch football on a shite park. It has nothing to do with rivalry for me (they would need us to fold, to be better than us) they are a tinpot team playing in a town that really can't be fucked with them and the sooner they fuck off and are replaced with a team that will enhance the league the better. And that black fella playing for them sums them up entirely...quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen at SPL level

• Like 2

Final word, is for Hamilton Accies...they offer absolutely nothing to the league, a horrible place to watch football on a shite park. It has nothing to do with rivalry for me (they would need us to fold, to be better than us) they are a tinpot team playing in a town that really can't be fucked with them and the sooner they fuck off and are replaced with a team that will enhance the league the better. And that black fella playing for them sums them up entirely...quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen at SPL level

Sitting with a pint, i fair enjoyed that last paragraph.

• Like 2

With all due respect (you know what's coming when someone starts with that) that sounds like the sort of guff you'd get from Rangers or Celtic fans.

The points column is the only thing that justifies Premiership status, not the park (which is shite) or the stadium (which is also). Accies therefore warrant their inclusion although that may change this season.

As I said earlier in the thread Accies deserve a lot of credit for competing at this level, just like, say Dumbarton, who turned Dundee Utd over in the last result, do for competing at Championship level.

Also I think the rivalry with Accies has grown again over their three year stay in the top division and gives us something more than just another fixture. Admit it, if we'd scored that last minute equaliser against any time it would have been celebrated, but didn't it mean just that little bit more because it was Accies?

Some celebration at the end.

Accies really did look like a team that hadn't won in 16 games or whatever it is. Still fancied our chances with 10 men at 0-0 but after conceding first delighted with the point, especially as there was a 15 minute spell where we couldn't pass for shit.

Would agree the rivalry has grown over the past few years but I couldnt care less about them. What I can't stand is those 30 wee fannies in the corner who spend the entire game trying to get a reaction haha. Equaliser was all the sweeter for knowing I woudldnt have to listen to their white anymore