Mcghee Out?

postiejim

McGhee has three seasons at the club and our lowest finish is 7th. He's got a decent track record, a lot of experience and has done well in terms of bringing youth players through.

Getting rid of the manager does nothing to change the fact that we are running a professional football club on a small budget, that we will only be able to afford mostly mediocre players, that about half the clubs in the league are operating on a completely different financial scale and a bunch of other factors that put us where we are.

I don't think a lot of our fans really appreciate what a tremendously difficult job Mark McGhee is doing right now. Maybe when he does leave it will suddenly sink in and we get some new Barraclough type.

Remember St. Mirren fans hounding Danny Lennon out because the football wasn't good enough and they ought to be Top 6? They will be playing in a league where the average attendance is a 300 or so next season.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 8

No secret I have a personal dislike for McGhee, something that I've tried to put to the side this time round despite thinking he has performed below par this season.

Today, he has left me scunnered with his overly cautious tactics, tactics that seen us beat before we go on the park. The indefensible decision to replace Chalmers with a right back rookie underlined our inferiority complex.

I'm not naive enough to think we will ditch him just now but I'd be very disappointed to see us offer him a new contract. Don't get me wrong, he has done well at complying with the club blueprint in terms of developing Hall, Cadden and one or two others. That said, as one of the better paid managers in the league and having inherited some talented players, he has underperformed imo. If he was likeable guy with a bit of bottle I'd maybe give him the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately he's not.

Now that was quick.... I didn't expect to see that question just yet.

I have a feeling that although the fans feel the nail loosening the Board may not. Especially as we'd have to pay him off.

Only 12 games till the split and I think we've got him no matter what happens. imho the present team is worse than the team that won the play off. Yes we can still stay up, lots to play for but it's getting tight.

McGhee has three seasons at the club and our lowest finish is 7th. He's got a decent track record, a lot of experience and has done well in terms of bringing youth players through.

Getting rid of the manager does nothing to change the fact that we are running a professional football club on a small budget, that we will only be able to afford mostly mediocre players, that about half the clubs in the league are operating on a completely different financial scale and a bunch of other factors that put us where we are.

I don't think a lot of our fans really appreciate what a tremendously difficult job Mark McGhee is doing right now. Maybe when he does leave it will suddenly sink in and we get some new Barraclough type.

Remember St. Mirren fans hounding Danny Lennon out because the football wasn't good enough and they ought to be Top 6? They will be playing in a league where the average attendance is a 300 or so next season.

Be careful what you wish for.

Very hard not to agree with all of this

Wouldn't get rid of him until the end of the season but if any Motherwell fan thinks he is doing a good job I think you are kidding yourself.

Granted, we had good finish's the previous two seasons, it is clear this season McGhee has took his eye of the ball. Staying down south and coming up to train the players on a Wednesday is not acceptable and clearly a factor in why the stamina of the players is so bad. He hung Mcmillan out to dry today. He has given the youth a chance but to bring a RB back on at left mid completely killed the game for us and his arrogance meant he didn't change it until they scored. The sooner he leaves the club the better at the end of the season with us hopefully still in the top flight.

I agree with ya beezers post to some extent. However he is not doing himself any favours with some of his selections and tactics - one up front with a 50yard gap to Craig clay Chris cadden and jack McMillan who we are relying on for creativity. Clay well we all know he is garbage, cadden is woefully out of form and jack McMillan is a right back playing left wing. We would struggle to break down championship teams with that fairing.

Key aim for the season? I would say staying up. Do i think McGhee will keep us up? Yes, I do. So quite happy for him to stay. He won't be fired any way, so it's a non discussion really.

There are however some seriously worrying points. The players don't seem as fit as their rivals. This is a surprise given McGhee's 1st spell in charge.

He has signed some utter dross, we're getting near Baraclough levels of throwing enough shite at the wall and hoping some it sticks.

Let's see what shape we're in come the end of this window. There will come a time when it is best for us to part ways, now is not it.

• Like 1

He gets to the end of the season for me. If we sacked managers every time we play poorly against Rangers we'd need 3 or 4 managers a season

How we have performed the last couple of seasons is about average for us in the SP(F)L. I'm disappointed with the overall form, but more encouraged by the young players we have brought through.

We have missed Marvin more than I thought so hopefully the new winger will give us that extra dimension we are missing from last season.

Wouldn't get rid of him until the end of the season but if any Motherwell fan thinks he is doing a good job I think you are kidding yourself.

Granted, we had good finish's the previous two seasons, it is clear this season McGhee has took his eye of the ball. Staying down south and coming up to train the players on a Wednesday is not acceptable and clearly a factor in why the stamina of the players is so bad. He hung Mcmillan out to dry today. He has given the youth a chance but to bring a RB back on at left mid completely killed the game for us and his arrogance meant he didn't change it until they scored. The sooner he leaves the club the better at the end of the season with us hopefully still in the top flight.

WTF has McGhees commute to work got to do with the players stammina are you suggesting that the dont try at training unless he is there? And bringing on Mcmillan never killed the game our midfield being utter pish and the rest of the team sitting back and letting Rangers pass us of the park killed the game.

WTF has McGhees commute to work got to do with the players stammina are you suggesting that the dont try at training unless he is there? And bringing on Mcmillan never killed the game our midfield being utter pish and the rest of the team sitting back and letting Rangers pass us of the park killed the game.

Yes. McGhee is in charge of making sure the team is fit for the level we are playing at and if he isn't there to oversee it and the stamina is as bad as it is there has to be an element of that which is down to our manager not being there to train them.

We clearly watched a different game then as every time the ball went to the left mcmillan had to turn in and the momentum stopped. Not the boys fault but the fact he isn't a left winger.

• Like 1

The manager not turning up sets the tone.

Easy money for everyone at the club, very little effort required.

The manager not turning up sets the tone.

Easy money for everyone at the club, very little effort required.

Sounds about right to me.

If you are happy non-contesting games against the old firm, McGhee gets us by.

However, fans are paying extra at the gate or in the season book for these games, so we are being shortchanged and have a right to question negative / clueless tactics.

I would agree with that. Shocking that McGhee gets a full time wage to fuck off to England and see his family for extended periods. It should have been made clear at the start. Move your family up or dont take the job.

I moved away from my Mrs and kids for work and had to see them in my own time! Id have fucking loved to be able to piss off for a couple days a week to see them and get paid for doing so

Burrows is more culpable than McGhee. He sanctioned the signings at one point of 8 players aged 32 and over in our squad.

They can both go together.

Wondered when he would get the blame

You employ a manager for a reason, you have to trust that manager to mould ,develop and build the team. Unless you think your mr Romanov then I don't think you should be stepping in as a Chief operating officer and passing judgment on a players age.

Nothing to do with burrows,unfair to blame him for "sanctioning" players who are under performing

Just my opinion mind you

• Like 1