Mcghee Out?

postiejim

His interview after game proves he dosnt give a shit starts by saying tait Heneghan and hammell were out sorry Mark but I'm sure Heneghan was playing and finishes by saying will be same defence next week sorry but McGuire and Ferguson from under 20s must be better than what's on display currently to lose 5 goals in 45 minutes and then to say will go with same next week shows he has totally lost it .

I actually thought there was a smirk on his face at the start of the interview. Noticed he wasn't asked by the interviewer about the protest taking place outside.

Craigan to be manager with Lasley as assistant would be the perfect solution in my mind. Really good record this season with U20s (6/26 lost) and the way that the U20s are playing is really impressive, really good first touch on the lot of them. Poor show from McGhee, humping after humping but its aw good coz he's having wee jokes with the fourth official

Can't really see any real way McGhee's position can be anything other than untenable now. You could maybe have passed the 7-2 at Pittodrie as a collective shitemare but to follow it up 2 games later by shipping 5 in the first half at home to Dundee then, aye...time's up.

I've largely been positive about McGhee, he turned things round last season no doubt but looking where we are at the moment (not in terms of the league, just generally); lost 7-2 & 5-1 in quick succession, he's a manager who's out of contract in the summer and surely won't be getting that renewed, in addition he's got a 2nd suspension coming up after the Pittodrie incident then it's actually difficult to see what the point in keeping him around at the club now.

Based on that performance today it looks like he's also lost the players. At that point then the ball's pretty much on the slates. With his contract expiring and the woeful performances of late his position leaves him as this weird elephant in the room character. The smart thing to do given the circumstances would simply say "thanks for your time" and try and move on with hopefully a fresh voice and perspective.

Looks like:

Chairman James McMahon, Chief Operating Officer Alan Burrows, Company Secretary Graham Keys, Director Douglas Dickie, Director Tom Feeley, Director Leanne Thomas

Taking from Wiki but sort of ties in with this statement last March

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/03/15/club-statement-ownership/

I've always liked McGhee and I've long thought calls for his head were premature, but the last few weeks have seen my opinion of him fall off a cliff for a few reasons:

The lack of viable options at the back is a debacle that falls directly at his door. Yes we've been unlucky with the three injuries, but we've been playing with fire for a while with the lack of competition at the back and it's come back to bite us on the arse. To release Laing (who was an able deputy) and sign a 20 year old with zero first team experience and expect him to replace Heneghan or McManus is bonkers beyond belief. Jules has been hung out to dry and I worry that his experience at Motherwell will do more than damage than good.

Cadden hasn't been performing for months, yet his McGhee's treatment of Ainsworth has seen him fall so far out of the first team squad that Cadden can't get the time out he may need.

His perseverance with Joe Chalmers. Need I say more.

This is within the context of actually being able to pay for players, having wages leftover in the January window and no financial pressure to sell a player.

"I wasn't bothered about being 4 down" at Pittodrie and his repetitive rants about red cards simply seemed like someone who wasn't coping with pressure.

• Like 3

Ok so who makes decision from that list not being funny but I haven't a clue who has final decision .

Legally, a board of directors is a single entity, so all decisions are made by the board as a whole, not by any individuals. In practice, I'd guess the chairman would get the casting vote if need be, but whatever he decided would still be the decision of "the board".

McMahon surely has the final decision. We won't make an announcement until we know what direction are we heading in. Will it be Craigan/Robinson or will it be an external appointment? Personally, I think the club is in such a rut we need a completely fresh approach. Unfortunately however, the timing is not great and we need someone that can hit the ground running and keep Motherwell in the Premiership.

IIRC, Burrows talked McCall out of resigning after the 3-1 Dundee game, hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake again.

I've always liked McGhee and I've long thought calls for his head were premature, but the last few weeks have seen my opinion of him fall off a cliff for a few reasons:

The lack of viable options at the back is a debacle that falls directly at his door. Yes we've been unlucky with the three injuries, but we've been playing with fire for a while with the lack of competition at the back and it's come back to bite us on the arse. To release Laing (who was an able deputy) and sign a 20 year old with zero first team experience and expect him to replace Heneghan or McManus is bonkers beyond belief. Jules has been hung out to dry and I worry that his experience at Motherwell will do more than damage than good.

Cadden hasn't been performing for months, yet his McGhee's treatment of Ainsworth has seen him fall so far out of the first team squad that Cadden can't get the time out he may need.

His perseverance with Joe Chalmers. Need I say more.

This is within the context of actually being able to pay for players, having wages leftover in the January window and no financial pressure to sell a player.

"I wasn't bothered about being 4 down" at Pittodrie and his repetitive rants about red cards simply seemed like someone who wasn't coping with pressure.

I couldn't put it any better.

Right up until this morning I was supportive of McGee, but when I looked at the team sheet I was wondering when the hammering would come.

If Laing, Kennedy, Watt, McMillan, Ferguson or, the young McGuire, is it? - well, if none of them are better than Jules and Chalmers in McGee's opinion then it is game over.

Chalmers is the worst player I've ever seen in a Motherwell jersey. Makes Kevin Christie look like Cafu.

Mark McGhee admits he is under pressure after Motherwell's 5-1 home thrashing by Dundee left them three points off bottom spot in the Premiership.

But the Well boss will not walk away from the relegation battle.

"I'd be arrogant if I thought a 7-2 defeat at Aberdeen and a 5-1 loss at home doesn't put me under pressure - of course it does," McGhee told BBC Scotland.

"But I believe we've got a decent group of players here."

Motherwell were without experienced defenders Stephen McManus, Stevie Hammell and Richard Tait through injury and their replacements failed to handle the threat of the Dundee attack.

In fact, Fir Park centre back Zak Jules started the scoring for Dundee with an early own goal.

"We've been slightly undermined by the loss of experienced defenders and we've suffered from that today," added McGhee, who was the target of a fans' protest outside Fir Park after the match.

Motherwell fans voiced their displeasure with boss Mark McGhee after the defeat to Dundee

Motherwell fans voiced their displeasure with boss Mark McGhee after the defeat to Dundee

"The first half defensively was poor and they didn't cope with anything that was thrown into the box. We were too easy to score against and we actually didn't look like a back four until we changed it around and Carl McHugh went into centre half later in the game.

"But otherwise I will take the team out there in the week and look at the video of what happened and we'll try and help Joe Chalmers and Zak Jules and Jack McMillan to improve on what happened today.

"They're three young players with very little experience between them but we've got to make sure in experiencing defeat like that they improve. That's all I can do.

"Until somebody tells me something different I'll be here on Monday to do that with Steve Robinson and James McFadden."

Relegation battle

Despite having won only two of their last 13 Premiership matches, McGhee still feels his squad has the capabilities to escape relegation.

He said: "Of course we do, there are six other teams in the heat of the relegation battle so we know at some point we're going to have to win games.

"But all we can do is on the training ground, pick the strongest team we have available and go to Kilmarnock next week and try and win."

He aint going. Tosser

Of the many things I disagree with on with McGhee the latest would be the number of teams in the relegation fight.

If today's capitulation wasn't bad enough, Killie and Thistles wins have pretty much rendered the relegation fight between us, Ross County, Accies and Inverness.

Although not mathematically safe I'd say Dundee, Killie and Thistle won't be involved in the dogfight at the bottom.

Of the many things I disagree with on with McGhee the latest would be the number of teams in the relegation fight.

If today's capitulation wasn't bad enough, Killie and Thistles wins have pretty much rendered the relegation fight between us, Ross County, Accies and Inverness.

Although not mathematically safe I'd say Dundee, Killie and Thistle won't be involved in the dogfight at the bottom.

Pish, there is only a 9 point spread from Dundee in 6th to Inverness in 12th with 21 points still up for grabs before the split so any 1 of the 7 teams could be involved in the relegation fight. Granted Dundee, killie and Partick seem to have a bit of momentum just now so that may see them all right but all it takes is 1 or 2 defeats for them over the nest 7 games and they are back in the mix. This will go all the way to the end of the season its that tight.

Clubs needs wiped out from top to bottom. Allowing the old guard to have a job for life is not in the interest of Motherwell FC. It's a no from me.

I am 100% McGhee needs to go, but don't agree on wipe top to bottom.

We need people to promote our brand and policy. The ambassadors are Craigan, Mcfadden, Lasley and Hammell - the problem is ineffective succession planning and tactically incompetent manager who has turned away from playing to the strengths of an effective attack (Moult, McDonald, Cadden, Ainsworth, Pearson) into a defensive experiment. He needs the bullet before its too late.

We might just have an effective pipeline of players to come through but if the McGhee experiment gets us relegated Moult, Cadden, Heneghan (sellable assets) could become part of a firesale, and may set back the future SPFL vision for our club.

We need to attract fans, but Mcghee's brand is driving many away.

Let's starts with Mcghee out and see if we can get steady the ship.

Sorry about repeating myself guys ,but who is actually calling the shots at Motherwell, Alan Burrows and or the board. And who actually are "the board".

your sounding like a pathetic Ally Mccoist, Jim.

the board are the board, if you are on a computer it takes about ten seconds to find out at companies house

no need for them to be listed when emotions are raised, and pretty patheitc of all these fan 'owners' wanting a say but not even interested enough to pay attention outwith a crisis.

Edit: Ps pretty sure the board will be 'considering the position' I'd be pretty concerned if they had an instant reaction to some social media rages and a 100-200 protestors

they need to have a route out of the crisis, as they are legally and morally responsible for the business, pretty sure a few of them are hurting too, but they need to be detached from the howling rants and take business decisions, that means it could be hours , days or weeks, but almost certainly it wouldn't be when some howling mad radgers are at the front door - that wouldnt be a sound decision

• Like 3

We should do a deal. If we get relegated he agrees to hand back half his wages for the season. At least that would soften the blow if he takes us down. How much do we pay him again?

Not much of a deal if he's already got a contract for an agreed amount which we've already paid him. Would need to be something in it for him, which in reality would mean offering him more to avoid relegation, which is a ludicrous proportion considering he was paid to do that job in the first place

• Like 1

Clubs needs wiped out from top to bottom. Allowing the old guard to have a job for life is not in the interest of Motherwell FC. It's a no from me.

Lets move to East Kilbride too and just go the whole hog, fukin behave yourself.

the club needs in every dept to have some continuity, football, hospitality, ticket sales, sponsor interactions, all of it needs to be managed change otherwise its just sone American type franchise shite

at least this shite is part of all of us :ph34r:

your sounding like a pathetic Ally Mccoist, Jim.

the board are the board, if you are on a computer it takes about ten seconds to find out at companies house

no need for them to be listed when emotions are raised, and pretty patheitc of all these fan 'owners' wanting a say but not even interested enough to pay attention outwith a crisis.

Edit: Ps pretty sure the board will be 'considering the position' I'd be pretty concerned if they had an instant reaction to some social media rages and a 100-200 hundred protestors

they need to have a route out of the crisis, as they are legally and morally responsible for the business, pretty sure a few of them are hurting too, but they need to be detached from the howling rants and take business decisions, that means it could be hours , days or weeks, but almost certainly it wouldn't be when some howling mad radgers are at the front door - that wouldnt be a sound decision

From you Ian I can take criticism no problem.

• Like 1

From you Ian I can take criticism no problem.

Ach you know its only my form of rant

This current crop of shite, be it managers, players, fan engagement, catering, bars, mascots, surveys whatever the fuk is riling anyone is temporary, the club needs to be permanant, or we've all shed tears and there is nothing left.

Folk shouting about cutting well society contributions are fukwits, if they're skint fair enough, but if its because Mcghee is taking the piss by hanging rank players like chalmers out to dry, then I reiterate they are blowhard fukwits who would rather harm the long term existence of the club to protest an arrogant twat, I'd say they are pretty full of it themselves if they think acting like a poor mans Donald Trump is supporting the club.

sure voice an opinion, Hell I've wanted rid of him since he signed a long term contract, but I want a club to handover to the poor fekers we all introduce as fans, hell we've suffered, so the next generation should too!

to that end , McGhee OUT!

but I prefer to leave all the other threats/concerns to the appropriate forums and moments in time

• Like 1