Mcghee Out?

postiejim

I don't think there's any point in giving him the Killie game. Even if we were to somehow win it would be merely papering over the cracks of the dross that has preceded it.

The longer the board appear to be doing nothing over this, the more their ability to lead comes under question.

I seen someone on Twitter tweet flow and the board asking "how long must the fans put up with this tactic roulette". Quite.

We have Aberdeen the week after Killie and we could be 11th or bottom after this. IMHO this is too late for change and we would struggle to get out of this. Yes there may only be a short "mythical managerial bounce" but given the players attitude under McGhee and the fact that the bottom 6 are still relatively closely packed it must be worth trying a new man at the helm now.

• Like 1

Burrows should encourage mcgee to walk now for the sake of the club. Then follow him straight out the door. Get someone in who cares more about running the club and less about how he is being perceived by the media. Should hibs and Dundee utd get promotion and we go down the championship would be a league with no real big games and very poor attendances. financially I don't think we could ever recover from relegation. The rest of this season really could have a definitive affect on the history of our club.

Who are you talking about here mcghee or burrows? Both?

Sadly I think you are 100% right on your other point

Premiership Form

Pts Last 6

Celtic 18

Aberdeen 15

Dundee 11

Killie 9

St.J 9

Thistle 8

Hearts 7

ICT 6

Accies 5

Ross C 4

Rangers 4

M'Well 3

Relegation form if ever I seen it, especially when you see a number of the teams around us significantly above us. Even worse than Rangers on current form, and that is saying something.

I've not posted much since yesterday as I don't think it's usually helpful to post with emotions running high.

But, yesterday was the final nail in the coffin I reckon.

I wasnt going to be surprised if McGhee went after Aberdeen. But watching the full Celtic game - and we actually did ok. So, I was positive about yesterday to an extent and not surprised to see the same back 4, especially with Tait not fit.

A few striking things which has all the hall marks of a manager on the way out

- Not changing things earlier in the first half when 90% of managers would have.
- The same team coming out after half time. You could argue at maybe 1-3 you give the same 11 another go. Not at 1-5.
- Only 1 sub the full game...
- Hiding in the dug out most of the game and letting Faddy and Robinson do the shouting. A major sign.
- His post match interview was all over the place and rings of a defeated man looking for excuses. Saying we missed Tait, Mick and Hammell, who shipped 7 to the Dons....is just ridiculous. Just admit the back 4, who did ok against Celtic were shit. Mixing up names of who was actually missing. Saying he has no other options. Of course he did, as he evidenced. It took until an hour to come up with McHugh into the back 4?

I wouldn't usually be recommending getting shot of a manager in February but he's lost the majority of the fan base, looks defeated, trots out the same excuses, and it looks like starting to lose some of the players from the on field shouts that could be heard from the main stand back to the dugout.

For what it's worth I don't think sacking him on a Saturday night would do anyone any good. Have the board conversation ASAP, make the decision, have the fall back/temp position agreed and then communicate it.

I've got confidence Jim McMahon, as chairman, will do the right thing. I've also confidence Alan Burrows has the club at heart (which is madness to question if you've listened to the guy) and ultimately will do the right thing over any friendship.

Burrows better do the right thing soon then. Going by the unhappy hordes in the Hunter stand yesterday. As fans stop coming through the gates direct debits to the well society will be getting cancelled also. Then where the hell will our club be? Does anyone really think fan ownership will generate enough funds to survive if we go down. The board need to start being proactive soon. Before its to late.

The board should be able to act quickly here. If they are in any way competent they will have had the discussion over McGhee's future at some point since the Aberdeen game and will have contingency plans in place with regard to both short term and long term options. Yesterday's result should be the trigger for them to act.

The board should be able to act quickly here. If they are in any way competent they will have had the discussion over McGhee's future at some point since the Aberdeen game and will have contingency plans in place with regard to both short term and long term options. Yesterday's result should be the trigger for them to act.

I'd like to think discussions have been ongoing since the trip to Ibrox. His handling of the McDonald situation and his post match interview set the alarm bells ringing.

I've got confidence Jim McMahon, as chairman, will do the right thing. I've also confidence Alan Burrows has the club at heart (which is madness to question if you've listened to the guy) and ultimately will do the right thing over any friendship.

I hope your correct. I like Flow and there is no doubt that he bleeds claret and amber. However, now is the time change it because if we don’t I can only see one outcome and it’s not pretty.

He sat in the dugout while Hartley was out screaming at his players even when they were 1-5 up. This says he's gave up, no subs and McDonald looking to the bench says the players know it too. No way this can improve unless he goes.

He talks about hero to Zero at Aberdeen. Yes he was a massive hero at Aberdeen and deserves better. He undid this by leaving them firmly in the shit, fans are fickle and remember this.

McCall ran out of ideas and left no hatred towards him, McGee is undoing previous good work by staying and we will end up hating him as much as the sheep.

Won 20% drawn 20% LOST 60% since he came to us. This can no longer be accepted

• Like 1

I fear we're down even if he does go.

We're now in a deathspin whilst our rivals have an upwards trajectory. Accies are shite, but they're still very difficult to beat and have still picked up more points than us in 2017. This time next week we could very well be sitting bottom and it's no more than is deserved and/or predicted.

Our squad is littered with inadequate and/or gutless players and that's all the new guy will have to work with. McGhee should've been punted in December to give the new guy the January window to freshen up.

The spectacular failure that the January transfer window was for us may prove pivotal.

I think people generally overestimate the ability of managers to influence the course of a game or even a season. That's not to say they aren't important but they might make a difference over a few percentage points of performance and that might be less significant than other factors. That being said, there comes a time when there is little or no confidence in a manager within an organisation the negative effect on performance becomes substantially larger. On that basis, regardless of how good a manager McGhee is, he has become toxic and needs to go.

Edited by Tcg

I still firmly believe we have enough quality in the squad to stay up however we need to get the basics of tactics team selections and an organised unit correct .

That looks unlikely to happen under McGhee. He went into hiding yesterday, Robinsons influence was telling Frear where to stand at a shy and Faddy spent the game bickering with the 4 th official. No attempt was made in the first half by any of the 3 of them to change things and even at half time he doesn't change a thing. We have been crying out for a left back and a keeper all season yet McGhee and however oversees our signings decide to bring in a poor mans Dom Thomas and another centre midfielder in January .

Surely the board/ burrows can't stick their heads in the sand any longer ?

I still firmly believe we have enough quality in the squad to stay up however we need to get the basics of tactics team selections and an organised unit correct .

That looks unlikely to happen under McGhee. He went into hiding yesterday, Robinsons influence was telling Frear where to stand at a shy and Faddy spent the game bickering with the 4 th official. No attempt was made in the first half by any of the 3 of them to change things and even at half time he doesn't change a thing. We have been crying out for a left back and a keeper all season yet McGhee and however oversees our signings decide to bring in a poor mans Dom Thomas and another centre midfielder in January .

Surely the board/ burrows can't stick their heads in the sand any longer ?

I think that's harsh on McFadden for yesterday. He was the one man standing and barking orders out of the dugout in the first 45 while McGhee hid. If you think he was just bickering with the 4th official for 90 mins you weren't watching.

Only reason I am sure on the above is I spent a lot of time looking down at the dugout from the main stand waitng for McGhee to pop is head out.

I agree McGhee, Burrows, the chairman and the board have to do something.

I fear we're down even if he does go.

We're now in a deathspin whilst our rivals have an upwards trajectory. Accies are shite, but they're still very difficult to beat and have still picked up more points than us in 2017. This time next week we could very well be sitting bottom and it's no more than is deserved and/or predicted.

Our squad is littered with inadequate and/or gutless players and that's all the new guy will have to work with. McGhee should've been punted in December to give the new guy the January window to freshen up.

The spectacular failure that the January transfer window was for us may prove pivotal.

And the good news Milo.

i can only go on the time i was there yesterday as i left when the fourth goal went in but from what i did see faddy was the only one shouting and trying to get instructions onto the players,with the current form were in mcghee should be glued to the touchline,trying to encourage and atleast show some sort of leadership but instead he goes into hiding,its no wonder skippy was looking across at the dugout yesterday as if to say what the fuck is happening here.

To be honest, I really don't think anyone should be surprised by the way this is going. Look at Mcghee's record in management. Good start, a season and a half later, he's struggling. When he arrived here the first time, he was all fresh and full of sports science and tactics (probably due to being out the game for a while). Great season then the slippery slope down hill and pissed a lot of fans off with his apparent whoring and giving off an aura of being too big for the job. His spell at Aberdeen left them arguably as shite as we are now. People seem to think he's a class manager cause he's managed a few teams bigger than us, but all that gives him is a record of failing at bigger clubs than us.

I'll be the first to admit that he exceeded expectations last year. Keeping us safely up was my expectation and we did better than that, but it looks like the players didn't train pre-season and his signings have been dire. We pay to bring in guys like Frear while leaving Ainsworth in the stand, we take players on loan who look like they've never played professional football before and we're heading for the split and still don't know our best line up or formation with the players we have. Smacks to me of a guy who's failing (again) but still believes he should be managing somewhere bigger. In my opinion. the guys career is over and I just hope he doesn't get the opportunity to finish us off with it.

• Like 3