Mcghee Out?

postiejim

For what it's worth, I think Mark McGhee is a good manager but his mouth wanders away with him at time and this has caused issues and in the last few weeks it seems to have snowballed out of all control.

This all started with his comments at Ibrox about Scott McDonald having a back injury from carrying the rest of the team. As a motivational tool it was an incredibly dense thing to have said. I actually thought we were unlucky to lose that game and it came from a crazy individual error. However those comments were proven a week later when McDonald was binned against Rangers and the players seemed to spend the last hour proving him right. But this was an incredibly negative outlook against a team who looked vulnerable.

Ross County was a good three points and I think that looked like being the hallmarks of a recovery but all seemed uneasy against Hearts. Carl McHugh's red card must have been divisive. It is clear McGhee wanted to appeal it (and I agree with him on this one) but the club pulled rank which made his post match comments seem ridiculous. Then came the 7-2. An absolute red neck of a night. We defended like a pub team (apologies to anyone who plays for one). We're 4-0 down and all over the place and he decides to call John McKendrick a 'fucking pantomime villain' (if my ears pick him up right on that infamous video) when we have an attacking free kick in the middle of the pitch. Just a bizarre undisciplined outburst and the way he reacted to the chap with the phone was outrageous. For all he was again right that the phone camera shouldn't have been there, his reaction was not that of a Premier League manager.

You get one 7-2 type result, you don't get two in less than a fortnight and Saturday was just a debacle too far. Zak Jules is in the Scotland set up and Joe Chalmers has been trained by Celtic. These guys may not be flavour of the month but they are not as bad as they played on Saturday - we looked like a team without a plan, without a heart, without a desire. It was clear that the fans had had enough and McGhee brought it all on himself with stupid comments. When that happens it only ends way and it was as well pre Kilmarnock as after it, irrespective of what happens on Saturday.

Also given the nature of the games coming - nervous - having your manager in the stand serving a ban for half of them is not helpful and that will no doubt have played a part in the decision making today.

No ill to McGhee from me, he had his faults, always has done but he has given us more good times than bad but the last month has been amateur time and we need to jump out of it quicksticks.

Watching Hamilton v Aberdeen tonight, 1-0 to Hamilton as I type but the Accies defence have jumped in front of everything, not let them win a header. We may have better players in our squad but their's clearly win when it comes to desire.

• Like 7