Mcghee Out?

postiejim

...but in the grand scheme of things we're still roughly where we would hope to be in the league, and no worse than the rest of the bottom 7. As it stands, I think McGhee will keep us up...

Anyone should keep us up; Inverness hardly score, Hamilton rarely win and draw a lot. If you are a paying punter you want better than the dross being served up.

• Like 1

Let's see where we are come the split.

It may be too late then but as much as tonite was a shambles and Saturday is likely to be no better we should stand by him for now.

If nothing else to piss of the wanky Dons fans. Their hatred of him is irrational.

I never thought we would finish top 6 but still could. All the other sides will have to play Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts and are likely to take little off any of those teams.

• Like 1

I'm sure Mark will remind us in upcoming interviews that his remit is to keep us in the league.

Most irritating manager in my time. His discipline is a disgrace.

While I think there is good team, that should be capable of sixth place, McGhee is totally lost! Tactics and selections this season have been a joke.

There is zero entertainment / value for money and I have to question my season ticket purchase, not to mention, the embarrassment I have for encouraging some of family to take the 5 game package. Have no hope of getting them to return when it's done.

No more excuses, his time is up.

We havent got a good team mate open ur eyes a midfiled of has beens and a central defence that couldnt keep a pig out a tenement , a left back who is done and a keeper that flaps more than Orville Wright

• Like 1

Obviously capitulations like this are horrendous,no argument there, but in the grand scheme of things we're still roughly where we would hope to be in the league, and no worse than the rest of the bottom 7. As it stands, I think McGhee will keep us up and I don't think it's worth risking that on the back of bad defeats to three of the League's best teams. Maybe in the summer there could be a discussion but right now it would be knee jerk, despite the justified anger tonight.

It's not just about 3 defeats to the 3 of the leagues best teams, it's more the fact it's 2 wins in 12 games! And it's the way we are losing games as well. He's lost the plot and shouldn't be anywhere near Fir Park! However I don't think the board and those in charge will sack him.

I never thought we would finish top 6 but still could. All the other sides will have to play Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts and are likely to take little off any of those teams.

Thing is our record against the bottom six is excellent. So we should be miles ahead of them?

Fact that we're not suggests that other teams are managing to take points from Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers for that matter...

We havent got a good team mate open ur eyes a midfiled of has beens and a central defence that couldnt keep a pig out a tenement , a left back who is done and a keeper that flaps more than Orville Wright

-----------Samson--------

-----Ben ---McManus ---Jules----

Cadden--Lucas--McHugh---Person

-----------McDonald ------

------Moult---Bowman-----

Should be capable of winning more than we lose. Top 5 teams are distances in front, but there's 6 teams we should be beating.

Need a manager that will unleash the team and stop experimenting / playing defensive.

Yeah, we haven't lost to a team in the bottom seven since 5th November. We hadn't lost away game in the league since 26th November until tonight either. Our home record is dismal, our record against the top five is dismal.

I'm kind of torn at the moment - he can't play with the swagger we would like against the top teams because we'd be too open (the irony, I know) but he ends up leaving Moult exposed which means he drops deep and we just cannot get out. After a year I would have thought there would have been some signs of improvement - there are none. For a manager of over 900 games experience, a solution of sorts should have been found by now.

On the flip side, if we keep beating the other teams who are also fodder he'll keep us up comfortably and if he does it will be a case of target met. But if we get a couple of injuries and end up not beating these teams, the fact we've taken nothing against the top five could come back to bite. Not sure if Inverness have nicked a win against St Johnstone or not, I have a feeling they have but everyone else has won at least one game against them and a couple of draws as well and that difference could kill us if we're the team who lose form against our peers.

I'd keep him for now but the nails on the peg are loosening.

• Like 1

Should be capable of winning more than we lose. Top 5 teams are distances in front, but there's 6 teams we should be beating.

Need a manager that will unleash the team and stop experimenting / playing defensive.

To be fair outwith that top 4 we have won more than we've lost.

Is that formation supposed to offer comfort ... if it makes you feel better fine the result speak for themselves

Barraclough got sacked for winning 2 from his first 10 games of the season, 1 of which was against east fife in the cup. We are now on a run of 2 wins in 12, more than likely will become 2 in 13 after Saturday.

McGhee has been back at the club for the best part of 18 months. In that time we have lost 7 goals in games twice, lost 6 to Hearts, 5 to Celtic in the cup and had a few doings at home against hearts and Inverness. I don't think McGhee has taken us forward at all. Time for change in my opinion.

I must admit I've always been in the give people time camp, mainly because I see that it bore fruit at Manchester United when it took incredible faith from a chairman and board that Fergie would turn good. It's easy to call for a P45 when you have no idea of the financial implications to the club to server a contract.

For that reason I took a lot of the Baraclough and McCall out chat with a pinch of salt and put it down to knee jerk critics on here. With hindsight to hold up my hands and say I was wrong, they went at least when they should have and to those I was critical of myself, I'm sorry you did call it right earlier than I did.

In the run in to the summer last season, despite dismal performances I justified it with words to the effect of "it'll all turn good in the summer, he'll get them among the fittest in the league like he did in his first spell and get guys he wants rather than another mans team". Unfortunately for whatever reasons that didn't happen at all.

I appreciate that Marvin behaved like a dick and he lost what I imagine was a key part of his plans when McHugh got his head knock.

However I am increasingly fed up with his attitude in the media, talking of improvement and "turning corners in the following week" or "our season starts tomorrow" b/s. The post match interviews, the attitude, his demeanour, the substitutions or lack of, the downright petulance, the continual approach of setting up to limit damage opposed to inflicting it now means I'm done.

The king is dead, let's find a new king

• Like 3

The SPL is dying and a lottery for results but Motherwell will not be relegated and McGhee will not be sacked.

I said several months ago on here that due to our financial restrictions, we must become accustomed to aspiring to mediocrity at best and that many on here have unrealistic expectations of our club. We have a team that is mediocre at best. The club can only afford to sign from a league that is mediocre at best.

It's been said on here before, whether the McGhee haters like it or not, at the moment, McGhee is still exceeding the league position our budget prescribes. Yes, the football is poor but that is also the case at every other fixture in the SPL. We are not exclusive in our mediocrity.

this is starting to feel like mccalls last season all over again where were seeing a scattergun approach too tactics and team selection and were just winging it hoping for the best from game to game.we dont look well drilled in any department and its actually embarrassing not only the amount but the level of goals we give away.a midfield 3 of pearson,mchugh and cadden would be my prefered option from now on with campbell next in line as theres no way his development should be slowed down by being behind the likes of clay and lucas who offer very little.we could see the likes of moult and cadden leave in the summer and along with most areas of the team needing improved,its best we get shot of mcghee as i wouldnt trust him too get that right.

• Like 1

i don,t like to see anyone lose their job, BUT if McGhee does not leave now, more people at fir park will lose their jobs when we get relegated, as I fear that that is where we are heading if he stays.

Wring yer knickers out, yes we got well and truly pumped by a much better team than us, but we will not get relegated for as strange as it sounds there are worse team than us in the league, and for all of McGhee's issues he will keep us up. People need to start getting real regarding just what they expect from Motherwell, and the budget we are operating with, Top 6 / mid table mediocrity is what we should be aiming for, a decent cup run would be a bonus. We all enjoyed the 6 or 7 seasons when we were up there finishing 2nd and 3rd with a European adventure thrown in, it gave me one of my proudest moments as a well fan in Athens watching the team run out to play in a champions league qualifier, but that was a unique set of players, circumstances and basically spending money we did not have that got us there but no more, its time to wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm being proved right again. McManus, Lasley, Samson and Hammell - what an embarrassment. McFadden a waste of a footballing contract.

For all you demented muppets that went ballistic when I said none should have been offered a contract last summer, go fuck yourselves.

We are heading for relegation.

• Like 1

Can we get anyone better than McGhee on the budget that we operate within? I am not convinced. The game against Dundee at home is massive for McGhee.

I reckon he will see the season out, we will stay up and he will move on.

Lets just hope that we don't regret him leaving in the same way that St Mirren fans do with Danny Lennon...

• Like 2

Up until last night I didn't have issues with McGhee but the interview on Radio Scotland did him no favours.We have had a couple of dubious calls from refs recently ,and he has spoken up , quite rightly........but in the wake of lising 7 goals to be having a pop at the 4 th official .Think we have got bigger issues than that , Mark.

Just now is not a good time to change manager. There are no obvious candidates and we aren't sitting comfortably enough to alllow a new man a settling in period.

If the Board are confident hr hasn't lost the dressing room, we are probably best to allow McGhee to limp on until the end of the season. Meanwhile, the Board should be working away in the background to find a suitable replacement in the summer that possesses greater ambition that reaching 1000 games.

Under no circumstances would I support a new contract for McGhee. Credit to him, he came in and provided the safe pair of hands we needed post Baraclough. He's also developed a few assets. However, this season has been a case of going through the motions. Watching a team with 3 of the best attacking talents in the league should be much more enjoyable than it has been. The negative tactics, the inferiority complex against the big teams and the failure to establish a settled formation by February has taken its toll on our dwindling support and the players.

At present, he is the laughing stock of Scottish football, which is quite an achievement in the current climate.

• Like 1