Mcghee Out?

postiejim

Haven't posted for a wee while but absolutely stunned by this result!! As others have said its really had to see how Mark McGhee can survive this. On a par with Maurice Malpas season. I think you have to be honest and admit that the players he has brought in have been of a poor quality. Allied to the fact that he has failed since he came back to get the defence sorted out and even with McManus and Hammell in the side, it's probably one of the poorest defences we have had in a long time.

Hard to see how we can avoid the drop now. Even if we managed to finish second bottom (and that's no certainty) we likely be up against Dundee Utd or Morton both of whom would fancy us.

Billy Davis? We need a new change of direction. The last 3 seasons have been terrible.

I think McGhee should resign after today but I don't expect us to get any better.

The fan ownership model means even if we survive this season we are certainties to go down sooner rather than later, probably next season (can you imagine that team without McDonald?) or the season after that.

I've been saying it all year but fans need to adjust their expectations to the new reality.

They deserve better than we got today but when Hibs come up and the Top 6 positions are locked up by the city clubs the best we will be looking at is Bottom 6 football in the Premiership.

• Like 1

Seemingly there is a protest outside the main stand

Aye, the bois were outside the main stand banging the drum and singing McGhee gtf.

Not been a vocal McGhee-outer, but his time has come.

Lost the dressing room and going by the past few weeks, losing the plot as well.

Need a fresh face and fresh ideas.

The fan ownership model means even if we survive this season we are certainties to go down sooner rather than later, probably next season (can you imagine that team without McDonald?) or the season after that.

The problem at the moment isn't the lack of funds it's that we are pissing our money away on absolute shite. Kilmarnock and Partick have less resources than us and are doing better.

We are in a relegation battle and we have paid transfer fees for two players who are totally hopeless. Clay starts in midfield every week despite never actually playing well (forgetting Celtic playing in third gear).

I think McGhee should resign after today but I don't expect us to get any better.

I've been saying it all year but fans need to adjust their expectations to the new reality.

They deserve better than we got today but when Hibs come up and the Top 6 positions are locked up by the city clubs the best we will be looking at is Bottom 6 football in the Premiership.

I am a realist when it comes to where we should be but when I see teams around us of similar size and budgets putting in a shift and at least trying to beat the bigger teams I am so frustrated. Look at St Johnstone I don't see any players who are great but what I see is desire and organisation. A bit like we were a few seasons ago. That is what I ask for some fight and an occasional cup run and something to make me proud of supporting the club again. At the moment I can't say I am proud to support them and I hate coming on here with negativity after every game.

I'm not sure what him leaving now will achieve, but I'm not keen on him renewing at the end of the season, so don't care if he goes now. If he does, I can only see a caretaker replacement from within such as Robinson or craigan, partly due to cash but mainly because it's too late to embed new ideas.

I am a realist when it comes to where we should be but when I see teams around us of similar size and budgets putting in a shift and at least trying to beat the bigger teams I am so frustrated. Look at St Johnstone I don't see any players who are great but what I see is desire and organisation. A bit like we were a few seasons ago. That is what I ask for some fight and an occasional cup run and something to make me proud of supporting the club again. At the moment I can't say I am proud to support them and I hate coming on here with negativity after every game.

The funny thing about looking at St. Johnstone, considering some of the recent criticism of McGhee, is that Tommy Wright is probably the most defensive minded manager in the league. St. Johnstone don't play attacking, flair football, they churn out results.