Mcghee Out?

postiejim

Ok so who makes decision from that list not being funny but I haven't a clue who has final decision .

I would have thought that as the WS are the majority shareholders / owners then a recommendation from them would be sufficient, so going on what the members on this forum have been saying re their decision making and communications up till now them McGhee must be safe for another couple of seasons at least.

Who is responsible at the club for under 700 Dundee fans getting the luxury of the whole of the South Stand.......

at the limited away games i frequent .....Hertz/hibs/Killie/ St midden -John) we get stuck in a corner/ taped off .....

Their was 30 + stewards in that stand today Which could have been quartered with a bit of common sense and quartered the cost

I know after another drubbing this might be a trivial matter to some.......but at the moment the club is going no where near this fan owner ship dream with shite performances on the park and what appear amatuer performances at the heart of running the club

I have attended FP on a regular basis since the early 70's and have been a season ticket holder for many a year.....I have never seen such disalusionment amongst my group of fellow supporters/ friends which numbers and season ticket continually dwindle

I fear the worst if the master tactician/part time manager is allowed to continue in charge

McGhee is not to blame. Our club is ran by amateurs.

no beating about the bush sir, sack the stewards.

Yawn..........are u happy paying for an unnecessary expense at our millionaire club ???

Sack the man that's in charge of the stadium match day management as he ain't got a clue

I'm fairly certain we need a certain ratio of stewards to fans so I'm not sure taping them all into a corner would make much difference (I might be wrong).

Your second point about dwindling attendances - I'm afraid McGhee hasn't got much to do with that. Attendances have been on the slide for years despite the club going through the most successful decade in it's history. League success doesn't bring the fans back. Not sure what a good cup run would do as it's been so long since we've had one.

The second half was better, can't say if Dundee eased off or if we upped it but there was more urgency. It was plain to see there was more from the strikers in the second half.

Didn't make up for an overall poor effort.

Second half was certainly a massive improvement, however I'm fairly certain if it was 0-0 we wouldn't have got it anywhere as easy as we did.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain we need a certain ratio of stewards to fans so I'm not sure taping them all into a corner would make much difference (I might be wrong).

Your second point about dwindling attendances - I'm afraid McGhee hasn't got much to do with that. Attendances have been on the slide for years despite the club going through the most successful decade in it's history. League success doesn't bring the fans back. Not sure what a good cup run would do as it's been so long since we've had one.

I think the ratio is 250 fans to 1 steward...........we put the away fans in the top tier it stops the necessary stewards stoping the daft wee boys running towards the well Bois / on to the park..... I think it's a no brainier when apparently we don't have money to squander

I think the ratio is 250 fans to 1 steward...........we put the away fans in the top tier it stops the necessary stewards stoping the daft wee boys running towards the well Bois / on to the park..... I think it's a no brainier when apparently we don't have money to squander

Were any hospitality boxes occupied?

• Like 1

We may have a contract in our favour that agrees a minimum number of stewards so that the stewarding company also gets something out of the contract.

I'm away to bed. Hoping not to feel so raw in the morning. Little point going over same old stuff. We know the problems and what needs done. Hoping it happens but can't honestly see it. NN fellow well fans and for those that were there today I hope we can get some sleep as I keep seeing goal 5 and it's embarrassing. Maybe tomorrow it won't all seem so bad.

Pre match I was all for giving Mark McGhee until the end of the season but after today's debacle I have changed my mind and think he should be asked to go now. Could things get any worse - I doubt it. Given that he has only a few months left on his contract, I doubt if it would cost much to fire him or put him on gardening leave. It seems as though he's lost the dressing room and now, it seems, most of the fanbase. The Board has to act quickly or it risks turning the fans off big time. I can't recall the last time we had protests outside the ground - maybe in the Malpas era? In the short term we should perhaps install Mr Robinson in temporary charge until the end of the season and take more time to find a successor. Either way, doing nothing is not an option.

• Like 3

Burrows should encourage mcgee to walk now for the sake of the club. Then follow him straight out the door. Get someone in who cares more about running the club and less about how he is being perceived by the media. Should hibs and Dundee utd get promotion and we go down the championship would be a league with no real big games and very poor attendances. financially I don't think we could ever recover from relegation. The rest of this season really could have a definitive affect on the history of our club.

• Like 1

Pre match I was all for giving Mark McGhee until the end of the season but after today's debacle I have changed my mind and think he should be asked to go now. Could things get any worse - I doubt it. Given that he has only a few months left on his contract, I doubt if it would cost much to fire him or put him on gardening leave. It seems as though he's lost the dressing room and now, it seems, most of the fanbase. The Board has to act quickly or it risks turning the fans off big time. I can't recall the last time we had protests outside the ground - maybe in the Malpas era? In the short term we should perhaps install Mr Robinson in temporary charge until the end of the season and take more time to find a successor. Either way, doing nothing is not an option.

Pretty much agree with this.

I was on earlier in this thread saying he has done a decent job for us. And over the piece he has.

But that has come to an abrupt halt. 7-2 to Aberdeen you could almost say was a blip, but not after yesterday. To lose 5 goals by half time to any team is a red neck and unforgivable.

I suspect he may get till the Kilmarnock game, but a loss there should be enough to call it a day and try something different to inject some much needed application and direction in the team.

Right now we are headed for 11th at best if not automatic relegation.