Mcghee Out?

postiejim

Won't be gravedancing at the news.

McGhee kept us in the league and got us top 6 in a season where we were going down under Baraclough. He's blooded youngsters as per his remit and looked to be safely keeping us in the league as 2016 came to a close.

2017 has been a disaster with something seriously a miss within the squad. The Aberdeen and Dundee were sure signs of a manager who has lost his squad and unfortunately he's lost his job.

Our squad need to have a good fucking look at themselves this week, because their performances in 2017 have been nothing short of horrendous.

Absolutely sums it up for me...and doesn't even take into consideration the hiding-to-nothing he was on with a vast section of the fans since day one...

...I've actually seen a post on Facebook today that read along the lines of, 'great news, Mcghee has been sacked, I've been waiting for this day since the cunt was appointed', now that strikes me as pretty pathetic, considering the only way he was going to be sacked was for the team this fella supports to have been having a horrendous season.

I know plenty of folk who have been refusing to attend while 'that cunt is the manager', weird and sad in my opinion.

As BB has said, there should be a few players who should struggle to look themselves in the mirror today as their performances and endeavour since the turn of the year has been abject and pathetic, somehow I doubt they will though as they turn up for training whilst stealing a wage.

Over to the board now, to get this next decision right.

• Like 1

Although not to stick the knife in, but McGhee's signings in the summer and January don't look good enough.

Rather than any lack of effort, it's lack of ability. Chalmers hasn't looked interested since the day he signed (quite literally, was miserable at his unveiling), yet still gets in the team, while guy's like Laing, Kennedy, Ainsworth have been frozen out. Samson has been parrying every shot into the middle of the box all season and hasn't come for a cross yet.

Hammell can't get fit, Lasley has looked done for 3 years, but hasn't even had his odd good game this season.

McHugh has been unlucky with injury and between Clay and Lucas there might be a player, but it's not been good enough.

Yes some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I would agree with that, but I also wonder as to what extent McGhee’s bizarre formations, and selections had to do with the team either losing interest or quite frankly, ‘not having a skooby’ what they are meant to be doing. Lets not forget that in the last couple of months the manager has embarked on some kind of experiment to make us harder to beat, forgetting that we have a shite keeper and defence and more importantly neglecting the fact that in McDonald, Moult, Ainsworth and Cadden we have some of the best attacking weapons in the league. I do wonder if the set ups he has been employing of late, rather than telling them to go out and win the game have contributed to the apathy of the team. It must be quite galling to be an attacker in that team at the moment.
Aside from the last few months, he has actually done a good turn for us. He took control of Barracloughs failing team and turned them into a top 6 unit. He’s got a sale for Marvin, started to introduce the youngsters and with Moult and Cadden we have sellable assets. He’s also kept us (until recently) in a reasonably comfortable position in the league. Until Saturday I was still on his side, but the way the first half unfolded, with Dundee basically camped in our half for 20 minutes and our players not knowing what they were doing started to change the tide for me.
On the positive, the new man will have time to turn things around. We are not yet in the relegation positions and we are only a stones throw from top 6. Making the change now gives us the chance to get things sorted and potentially not even worry about a relegation fight. Leaving it longer and the writing was on the wall I’m afraid.
  • Like 1

It's the right decision and I applaud the board for making it.

I still think we're down though as McGhees signings have been appalling and that's all the new guy has to work with.

Could well be bottom after the games tomorrow.

Yes better get yer Aberdeen and Celtic scarfs out

Never thought he would get sacked this week

Who's next Stubbs or Mcnamarra

Also, I look forward to the bumper crowd we'll get at the next home game.

Afterall, there were hundreds, if not thousands, who "weren't to be back until he was away". Well folks, get yourselves along to Fir Park in a few weeks time. Nothing stopping you now, eh? Or will there be another convenient excuse to roll out?

Aye, they'll need to make it all ticket ........there's a couple of guys, in football e.g McCoist / Lennon , I would struggle to come along and watch Motherwell , if they were in charge, but I probably still would ...didn't have any issues with McGhee, especially after the way he had us playing the first season in charge

Yes better get yer Aberdeen and Celtic scarfs out

Never thought he would get sacked this week

Who's next Stubbs or Mcnamarra

Thats the second time I have read McNamarra on these forums. Why would he be worthy? Got Dundee United into a hole they couldn't escape from whilst lining his own pockets then got punted from York after a record breaking run of losses.

No thanks.

Thats the second time I have read McNamarra on these forums. Why would he be worthy? Got Dundee United into a hole they couldn't escape from whilst lining his own pockets then got punted from York after a record breaking run of losses.

No thanks.

Got Patrick promoted on a limited budget

Signed players like Robertson for Dundee Utd that made them millions, bloods youngsters

Still employed at York city more to that than just getting sacked

Dundee Utd chairman hung him out to dry in my opinion

Him, Collins,Davies would be my first 3 choices

Well done Flow and the board. Right decision!

Its a brave decision and like many I didnt think it would happen. Have to say I agree with it even if we were to get relegated. McGhee was taking us nowhere and you never saw him actually inject and change into a game when it wasnt going right. I always thought he had his game plan however if it went astray he didnt do anything to adapt / change it

It's the right decision and I applaud the board for making it.

I still think we're down though as McGhees signings have been appalling and that's all the new guy has to work with.

Could well be bottom after the games tomorrow.

That is my worry I do genuinely think the squad is cack and we have some piss poor players who walk into our team.

Do you think Pearson, Cadden, Heneghan, Clay, Chalmers and Jules were giving 100% on Saturday?

For me, the only ones that I could see genuinely busting a gut were McHugh, Moult and McDonald.

I thought Cadden tried really hard but had two men on him every time he got the ball. My pass marks were Cadden , Moult and McDonald.

I thought McHugh was excellent when he went in to defence , pass marks to Heneghan , Clay Skippy and Moult.. I've thought

the last few times I've seen Cads he seems to be lacking confidence and was more keen to pass back and put under pressure

McMillan who I also thought had a decent game ,certainly never gave up.

Although not to stick the knife in, but McGhee's signings in the summer and January don't look good enough.

Rather than any lack of effort, it's lack of ability.

In the main I agree, but week after week too many players simply haven't worked hard enough when we don't have possession. With some such as Lasley, Hammell and McManus, its not down to unwillingness but rather age. Opposing teams work damned hard to close us down, harry us and generally make life difficult for us. We simply haven't matched that work rate. Maybe its an attitude thing - who knows?

Got Patrick promoted on a limited budget

No he didn't, left in January, with Partick in second place behind Morton.

Signed players like Robertson for Dundee Utd that made them millions, bloods youngsters

Yes, he signed Robertson and Ciftci and made them money (which he took a cut of). Also signed:

Kudus Oyenuga

Farid El Alagui

Calum Butcher

Calum Morris

Mario Bilate

And a collection of other duds that ultimately took him down.

Still employed at York city more to that than just getting sacked

Yep. He invested money in the club, and said he'd pull it out if binned (allegedly).

Dundee Utd chairman hung him out to dry in my opinion

Possibly true. He was an absolute disaster for United, all told, though. Finishing sixth, fourth and fifth with their most talented squad in about a decade, won fuck all, and got them relegated.

For these reasons;

giphy.gif

Off topic, is he still employed, will MFC support him at his meeting with the SFA. If he gets a ban is that served during his gardening leave or does a suspension carry forward to his next job.

The statement said "parted company" so I'd guess that he's no longer an employee. Any time I can recall someone being placed on gardening leave it's been explicitly stated that was the case.