Mcghee Out?

postiejim

Ross County 7/9

Partick, Hamilton, Kilmarnock 4/6

Inverness 3/6

Dundee 1/6

The above we should be fairly pleased with. Also that all the score draws in the games above, we conceded first in which suggests there is a bit more backbone than there was before.

Especially at home we should have done a bit better against Hearts, Rangers, St Johnstone and Aberdeen - all these teams have managed at least a couple of points against them at home - had we matched them I suspect the top 6 place we would be firmly in the box seat for.

Overall I think McGhee could have done a bit better points wise but for position in the league he is right on expectation.

Not to be all McGhee-apologist but I really do wonder what sort of a difference it'd have made to the first half of the season if McHugh had been available. One of the criticisms this season seems to have been that McGhee doesn't know his best side, I think there's a fair chance that he does but hasn't had a chance to play it regularly.

Obviously it's his squad and up to him to pick from what's available but looking at the team he picked last night then adding Pearson to that in place of Lasley along with a match fit McHugh and Lucas then there's an argument that had that team been available then there's every chance we could have been in better shape just now.

You can't just blame McGhee for our abject performances against that mob. We have been consistently rolling over for the last 15 years or so.

Our performances haven't been abject.

In the first match we were all over them in the first half and could easily have gone in at HT 3 or 4 up. Second half the game switched and Rangers dominated but there's a hundred games of football like that every Saturday, hence the expression "game of two halves" being the biggest cliche in football.

Second match I wasn't at but by all accounts we did quite well and lost to a last minute goal. Unlucky.

Third match we were completely comfortable for 85 minutes of the match and lost due to a terrible individual error at the last possible moment.

Fourth match we were well on top until our best player was sent off, unfairly in my opinion, and again were the better team in the first half. Like the first match at Fir Park Rangers were better in the 2nd half.

We've not had a result but our performances have not been abject. In fact for the vast majority of our matches against Rangers we've matched or bettered them. Rangers have dominated 2 halves out of 8. Is that really abject?

Missed chances, bad luck and a couple of errors have been the difference. But hey, that's football, just take it on the chin for god sake.

We were relatively comfortable in the cup tie after Skippy came on and we went 1 up. However, we were poor in the first half and rode our luck thanks to poor refereeing and a powder puff Rangers frontline.

After a promising start on Saturday with the one man advantage we put in an abject performance once Skippy was sent off. Many neutral observers commented that we looked beat the minute it went to 10 v 10. Poor tactics imo to leave Moult isolated and play for a draw.

McDonald missed a sitter. i canny think of any other reasons we should have been "3 or 4 up".

I'll give ye one up.

In fairness, Clay(?) tried to score from 20 yards when we were 3 v 1 at the back, Skippy and a couple others took the shot when they should have passed, The mentioned sitter... combine that with the fact that our attack is better than their defence and you could argue we should have been clear and away by half time!

Slightly off topic-

Don't get to many games anymore, but judging by tv highlights, social media etc. Do we shoot from free kicks? Apart from those which are a yard or two outside the box, I can't think of another time we have actually had a player take a punt from a 25-35 yard range, McFadden v Hearts aside.

Thought McGhee called it spot on today myself. Pearson and Lucas were positive when they came on and McMillan was a forced change.

You can't manage for poor refereeing.

Pearson and Lucas did have a positive impact. With Tait injured, I'd have been inclined to move Cadden to wing back and brought a midfielder on. McMillan may have a bright future but he doesn't look ready yet.

As inept as Dallas may be, he got the biggest decision correct.

McGhee got it right today with the players available to him. With a wee bit of luck we could have been winning at half time and the tactics were working until the red card.

He has to take the blame for the lack of squad depth but that's another issue.

Don't think we can blame McGhee either. It was far from our worst performance of the season

As inept as Dallas may be, he got the biggest decision correct.

I haven't seen it again, so you may be correct, but certainly from what I saw at the time it looked like a fair challenge. If that is a red card offence, and the referee is correct, then football is officially fucked.

• Like 1