Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Heart Of Midlothian Sat 4 Feb 12:15

Yabba's Turd

Going by the recent trend of players doing signings in the club shop when not playing ,I doubt Pearson will be in the squad for tomorrow

Apart from Chalmers doing one before the Sevco game, Clay doing a signing before the Killie game and Heneghan & Tait both doing theirs before the Thistle game, you mean?

This'll be great. Hearts are shite away from home, we've obviously got the finest midfield in the land all of a sudden and they pumped Rangers the other night so they'll bring a couple of thousand through. It's all about the Benjamins.

Probably finish 1-1.

I'd go Samson, Tait, Hammell, Heneghan, McManus, Cadden, Lasley, McHugh, Pearson (if fit, if not then Lucas), Ainsworth, Moult. In a 4-2-3-1 formation with Las & McHugh holding, Ainsworth, Cadden and Pearson/Lucas getting up to support Moult. I suspect MM will go 4-4-2 with Bowman in instead of Ainsworth.

I do vaguely recall an interview with McGhee where he did say that Ainsworth could only really play up top but I think he meant in a 433. That and the fact that McGhee seems to be treating him as option of last resort means I don't think we'll see him start today even though I'd be tempted. As a winger he does tend to drift into the middle anyway.

For me, I don't know if Bowman and Moult could play together. They seem to make similar runs and I just feel Bowman is more suited to being a backup for Moult rather than a partner for him.

Today I'd go with the same team as Tuesday with the exception of Ainsworth in for McDonald. Have the option of Clay in for Lasley if Lasley's legs can't take two games in quick succession. I'd assume Pearson won't be anywhere near match fit yet but would probably manage 20 minutes at the end if needed...

Actually, now I look at it....

A back 3 of McManus, Heneghan and Jules.

Hammell and Tait as wingbacks.

Lasley, McHugh and Cadden as yer midfield

Ainsworth playing off Moult.

Could live with that.

If that's not how we line up then in my opinion we have better options.