Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Heart Of Midlothian Sat 4 Feb 12:15

Yabba's Turd

I've not watched MotD much this season but I watched it was night and there must have been half a dozen tackles worse than the McHugh one that didn't even get a card, never mind a straight red.

It's an absolutely disgraceful decision, at most it's a yellow and even then if it's pussy football you are playing.

The game is being wrecked by self important, attention seeking officials. Dallas was an absolute joke yesterday and even before the McHugh incident he was spoiling the game with rotten decision making and an inability to keep his whistle silent for more than 2 minutes.

Every player and every manager will tell you how referees interact with them behind the scenes. They are a bunch of pompous assholes, who get paid more than many of the players for being part time, exist in an inner circle clique and look down on everyone else in the game while wrecking football matches so they can climb up the ladder.

Harsh in a few of ways in my opinion.

1st - Las has a decision to make - press on and leave their man on his right free, or sit off to see what he's going to do. Not sure he anticipated a shot from a fair distance and moved pretty quickly when he shaped to shoot.

2nd. Again, players with a decision to make on who to press. The midfield have pushed on to try get an equaliser and are busting their arse to get back, however that's left Mcmanus and Heneghan in 3 v 2 situation. Jules looks burst by that point.

3. See above. Jules looked burst and that's a mistake from a tired player. As McGhee had pointed out - if McHugh hadn't been sent off and Tait went off injured he would have had the option of bringing on McMillan for a tiring Jules. As things transpired, we had to ask for far more from the team than expected.

I was a bit harsh. Bit of a rant due to frustration.

• Like 1

I thought we were a bit unlucky. The three at the back seemed to be working fine with them being limited to long shots at goal. However playing Ainsworth in the McDonald role did not work. He as incapable of controlling the ball and turning and bringing others into the game. If his shot had not been cleared from the line though the game might have been different. Moult was clearly onside when his header hit the bar and the same linesman allowed their second goal which was marginal. We had a good spell in the last ten minutes of the first half.

The sending off and the fluke goal clearly affected the outcome. We are left chasing the game which with 11v11 is going to leave gaps at the back never mind a man down. The players seemed fired up by the decision and we had our best spell after they scored.

The rules of football may have changed from when I started watching. Back then the rules were if you took the ball then the man it was good if you took the man then the ball it was a foul.

It seems like nowadays you're meant to win the ball then completely cease any momentum.

Unless of course you're in the box waiting for a set piece, or "shepherding" the ball out of play, then you can do whatever the hell you want, even if the ball's nowhere near.

It seems like nowadays you're meant to win the ball then completely cease any momentum.

Unless of course you're in the box waiting for a set piece, or "shepherding" the ball out of play, then you can do whatever the hell you want, even if the ball's nowhere near.

My instinct is that it was a good tackle however having seen highlights, I think the height of McHugh's foot (half-way up the ankle), his pace and the fact he didn't get a particularly clean contact with the ball gave the ref a decision to make. However, given the fact he did make contact with the ball first and it was one footed, straight red seems extremely harsh and I don't think many would have complained about a yellow for following through.

I honestly feel like I don't know the rules anymore.

• Like 1

In hindsight we probably shouldn't have signed Bowman. Clearly not rated. He might even fall behind Jacob Blyth in the pecking order...

Was interesting to hear McGhee say in his post match that the 10 day break would allow Blyth to get in another couple of games.

Wonder if that meant he is looking to start him in the next match or if it was just McGhee being McGhee.

Was it a foul on Ainsworth?

The Hearts defender fouled Ainsworth (no.5 I think). But it's another Hearts player that got booked (no.88). Dallas didn't raise his hands to play advantage after the Ainsworth clash, only when Moult went down after tripping over Ainsworth and the no.88 was just behind him.

Shambles. Haha.

• Like 1

My instinct is that it was a good tackle however having seen highlights, I think the height of McHugh's foot (half-way up the ankle), his pace and the fact he didn't get a particularly clean contact with the ball gave the ref a decision to make. However, given the fact he did make contact with the ball first and it was one footed, straight red seems extremely harsh and I don't think many would have complained about a yellow for following through.

I honestly feel like I don't know the rules anymore.

Michael Stewart on sportscene summed it up perfectly for me.Nowadays, it seems unless you tackle from a right angle, it may be deemed reckless as studs will be up whether you win the ball or not .

I've not watched MotD much this season but I watched it was night and there must have been half a dozen tackles worse than the McHugh one that didn't even get a card, never mind a straight red.

It's an absolutely disgraceful decision, at most it's a yellow and even then if it's pussy football you are playing.

The game is being wrecked by self important, attention seeking officials. Dallas was an absolute joke yesterday and even before the McHugh incident he was spoiling the game with rotten decision making and an inability to keep his whistle silent for more than 2 minutes.

Every player and every manager will tell you how referees interact with them behind the scenes. They are a bunch of pompous assholes, who get paid more than many of the players for being part time, exist in an inner circle clique and look down on everyone else in the game while wrecking football matches so they can climb up the ladder.

Just saw a much worse tackle by Mata in today's Leicester v Man U game. Doesn't get any of the ball, travelling at far more pace than McHugh and puts Vardy 3 feet in the air after catching him above the ankle. Yellow card given and the concensus in the studio was that was correct.

Just saw a much worse tackle by Mata in today's Leicester v Man U game. Doesn't get any of the ball, travelling at far more pace than McHugh and puts Vardy 3 feet in the air after catching him above the ankle. Yellow card given and the concensus in the studio was that was correct.

Mata said himself he was lucky not to get sent off.

That makes no difference to the fact that he wasn't and the consensus in the studio was that a yellow was correct.

I think this highlights the difference between the Scots and English games. The English game is harder and physically tougher and what is unacceptable up here is quite acceptable in England. I tend not to place too much store on the so called Scots' media views. Their opinions are overly influenced by which teams are playing.