• Keith Lasley
    • Louis Moult
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Stevie Hammell
    • Jack McMillan
    • Lee Lucas
    • Stephen Pearson
    • Null Vote

Didn't think Jules did anything of note, and took some pretty poor touches in the first half. When moved to left back he hardly stood out. Can take a throw in though.

Lasley had one of his better games, and moult worked hard, but I'd go with cadden as he was the only player who looked like threatening.

Agreed re: Jules. He started brightly but looked really uncomfortable at times. I thought there were glimpses of a player in there, and definitely worth more game time, but I wouldn't have had him anywhere near MOTM. Funny how we can all take different opinions away from the same match isn't it?

Anyway, Lasley did very well early on, but i thought lost the ball a fair amount later in the game, and put us under pressure at times. I'd still have him in there next to McHugh, no question though. Lucas and Pearson were good when they came on, and Moult was tireless as always with no support.

But for me it's Cadden, as most of the times we managed to get into good positions or threaten hearts' goal, he was involved.

Zak Jules by a country mile. We may have found ourselves a new left back until the end of the season.

Not surprised by your choice of him as MOTM. I mean no disrespect, Dave, but you've made it clear on here that you feel that sometimes we are not physically strong or imposing enough. Kind of figured Jules might be your type of player.

For what it's worth, I thought Jules had a decent game (he certainly seems to have all the tools/attributes you're looking for if a bit raw) but that Cadden was a good bit better...

• Like 3

Struggling to pick a man of the match but Jules & Cadden having the lions share of the votes on here is baffling for me. Jules looked a little slow and very nervous, not great at the third goal, jury's out unfortunately. Cadden is developing well but had one of his worst games today in my opinion. Think I'd have to go for Moult today, not only was he our only threat but he also won a few headers in our own box.

I thought Jules had a decent game although did make the odd mistake or two. Overall he did what I like defenders to do - first and foremost stop things from happening. It may be not be glamorous or eye catching but its important. He played Johnsen very well and I assume thats why he was subbed at half time. I thought Cadden had a reasonable game but lacked support and too often there was no end product.

Thought jules and Lasley were the main two worth mentioning

Thought that was one of the least effective games iv seen if cadden but hey it's all about opinion

I'm a fan of cars,my father in law ain't. So I took a closer look than normal today and it was hard to disagree with the old man. He played a far more defensive role than attaking for me today

Can't think of a time jules but a foot wrong, and thought las covered every blade of grass.

Pearo and Lucas will fit in nicely together in that formation going forward

Jules made a number of big mistakes yesterday. He lost the ball in dangerous areas a number of times (including getting mugged for the third goal). As I said above though, he also did some nice stuff and could do well given some more time.

Cadden put quite a few balls across the box that were much better than they appeared. Ainsworth just wasn't on the same wavelength, and Moult couldn't be on the end of them because he was having to play both his own and McDonald's roles.

I'm a fan of cars,my father in law ain't. So I took a closer look than normal today and it was hard to disagree with the old man. He played a far more defensive role than attaking for me today

Pearo and Lucas will fit in nicely together in that formation going forward

That was always going to happen with our line up as he was our only real outball apart from hoofing the ball up to Ainsworth and Moult until Lucas and Pearson came on.

I thought Cadden roasted Sowah but his final ball was uncharacteristically poor.

A couple of poor balls yes, however he also played a few belters to no-one in the box. Moult was constantly being drawn out wide which is part of the reason Cads play was ineffective.